1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarcasm (was Homestay Akira's Virtua Education)

Discussion in 'General' started by Colorful_Tengu, Apr 8, 2010.

1. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you hating. Seriously.

2. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

3. SDS_Overfiend1

You Still hating Son!!! So now What?

Go to Dojo and Step your Shit Up. Get Your Weight up Lil Man.

4. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Nice. If only people played this game. [​IMG]

Um... you are already wasting your time. Read up on any post he has ever done and something will become apparent: he's a posturing idiot. I've noticed that a few people have subtly call him out, but in the end results in him acting loud, tough ("you bes' shut yo' moufff son"), and not being able to read critically (i.e. unable to see sarcasm). All attempts are lost on him.

So stop wasting your time.

5. jinxhand

This thread is starting to smell like SRK...

6. SDS_Overfiend1

You're funny... in a E-comedian sort of way.
    Still.............. You and Colorful Asshole are still Dickheads.

7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I love this oh so very much.....DAMN! [​IMG]

8. jinxhand

This is the true translation of Homestay Akira's Virtua Education!!!

9. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    lol, what do you take me for, an alcoholic?

10. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

In some ways I agree with Colorful_Tengu. Homestay is a great player no doubt about it but the content in the first chapter was intended (or it appears to be) for beginner players that are just starting out. Nothing was said that we weren't all aware of. That being said I can't wait for the more advance chapters.

11. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Sounds like you're alluding to one of your favorite pass times.

----------
    Bringing this portion here to not clutter an actual thread
    ----------
    Yay! I present you with a prize!

[​IMG]

12. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

There's truth in "sarcasm" that's why I don't bother with that shit. And plus, if you have a problem or a misunderstanding with a member here, take it to the PM box. No need to get all "Gamefaqs" on us.

13. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I got banned from there. I was trolling people on the fight night boards just before the Hatton/Mayweather fight.

I guess some people just can't take a joke.

14. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

I think Homestay has already given good advice that IMO doesn't only apply to beginners. It's one thing to be aware of the advice and another thing to actually implement it. Some of you know how to improve your lives, but how many go through the trouble to do it?

I asked Homestay what makes him strong and his reply was, don't be lazy. If you look at his input he's always entering in the maximum number of throw escapes at 3 or 4, constantly fuzzying, moving around etc. Homestay is always doing something. He's the most aware and unlazy of players. This is a big contrast for example to Itazan who previously admitted that most of the time he only uses a single throw escape even though he can enter in more.

There's nothing magical about VF and no magic bullet. There's not much to it and hard work + yomi is 99% of what you need in VF. Hard work is a strength of Homestay and yomi is one of the strengths of Itazan. You can't learn Yomi and hard work is where most of us can improve. The problem lies in the fact that most people aren't willing to put in the hard work to improve. Advice beyond the above is likely to go on top of Chapter 1 instead of being something dramatically new. You're already a knowledged VF'er, so I would be incredibly surprised in a good way, if there was something further from Homestay that you didn't already know. Sometimes it's really helpful to see advice we already know written down. Look at Rodney and his what's your angle discussion. Rodney already knew the majority of what was written in that thread. Mr. Omaha just needed to see it written down. If you look at my Lau video thread, I drew both sarcasm and praise for showing many basics combined in a viewable format.

15. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Andy, if people actually worked at filling the holes in their own game/life then they couldn't bitch and complain about the things the OTHER guy is doing. that's not the case here though.

16. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

SDS is looking hella sexy in that pic Sebo posted!

17. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Man. I go away for a few days and madness happens. Homestay definately talking about the basics. Never a bad thing to keep them in mind though. Especially at my crummy level. Looking forward to chapter 2 ( and the debate it brings [​IMG] ).

18. SDS_Overfiend1

Yeah this is what i have to when i can't whip your ass on VF5. Go get a system or something then talk. This whole episode is played the fuck out between us and nobody wants to hear it anymore while your still dwelling on it. Get Your Weight up Lil Man.

Wait till you see the me with the Akira Costume C version on...

19. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought VFDC had grown out of ripping on a top player for giving advice. Some of the people in this thread come off as really goddamn uppity and childish. Just acting like true scrubs, fuck.