1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 - Team Events Plan and Discussion

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, May 18, 2013.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For most up-to-date teams or making teams or looking for teammates look here:
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/season-2-team-lists.18159/

Just to start discussion going for this. Current plan is to follow VFR's format in regional Bay Area Cups. For the online events...

1. You can have a maximum of 6 people on your season long team roster. A minimum of 3 people are required. This is not changeable until the end of the season. From this point on I will refer this as the "season team").
    2. For each individual event, the matches will be 3on3 events. Each season team can be represented by a maximum of two 3-person teams for each individual event.
    3. Points will be "awarded" to a season team if the team participating in the individual event consist of at least 2 season team members.
    4. Players that don't have a team or their teammates are not present at an event, can still participate as a "Rental" player. Rental players will not gain points for their season teams.
    5. End of the season, there will be a climax event.

So basically for each individual event:
    • 6 season team members show up: 2 TEAMS Team A - 3 team members / Team B - 3 team members
    • 5 season team members show up: 2 TEAMS Team A - 3 team members / Team B - 2 team members + 1 rental player
    • 4 season team members show up: Option 1 2 Teams (Team A - 2 team members + 1 rental player / Team B - 2 team members + 1 rental player) ; Option 2 1 Team (Team A - 3 team members / 1 rental player plays for a different season team)
    • 3 season team members show up: 1 Team
    • 2 season team members show up: 1 Team ( 2 team members + 1 rental player)
    Some ideas on composing a team roster:
    1. Choose people that you get along with.
    2. Invite people new to the game or not part of the VFDC scene to be part of your team (everyone should be recruiters to VF!)

Feck, 40i4, BlueLink and 6 others like this.
  2. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    This sounds very interesting already

3. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Sounds fun.

Craigbot likes this.
  4. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Please tell us that we can have team names like in JPN arcades.
    I'm ready to come up with outlandish shit for the team that I happen to be on. :D

BeastEG likes this.
  5. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Kinda neat idea, PSN is really unstable though, #DC #LagFest #AvoidPSN@AllCosts

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yes - make up your own team names or I will give your team a boring number instead :)

Craigbot and pana like this.
  7. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Im definitely in on this, and I know a few peeps that are interested as well, and some people like Player7 or UndreamedAlarm may be interested just because of the word team even-though they are not vfdc. I will try and get the word out there on xbl.

Craigbot likes this.
  8. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

This sounds so nice... But i guess the season will start for this summer and the matches will be played on the week end. I work only in the week ends so i won't be able to do it :( but if you are in on monday or any other working days let me know if you need a teammate altought probably i will end with the other italian guys.

9. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I work every weekend too but I took part in it because I work nights and times of the events allowed to take part in it and I had time to get to work right after the event too. I can only hope it stays that way and the times it starts doesn't migrate too far from the start time of last season. All of the details still have to be revealed and we don't know what will happen for sure completely. I hope to have a team of East coast players so we can play at about the same time but that is all I can do right now is hope.

10. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Sounds good. I think I could probably form a 3 player team. Something to note though, will the team events be split into regions? Because I regularly play against US players online (I'm EU) so if there is a restriction, it might make it difficult.

11. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    While I know this is not possible and fair to many I really wish it could be so. PSN is just terrible for VF. I've played other games on the network and most work well, but in regards to VF man it's just bad all around. Even with 4 bars it still plays like 2. And even if it plays clean it doesn't last long. Often you are hit with random lag spikes and sluggish rounds here and here. And finally lets not forget about dropped connections. Really I wish there was a way I could simultaneously see what is happen on a person's screen versus my own. I don't know if it's because people just don't have cable / fiber connections or maybe it's that people are using Wifi because that's was one of the beautiful things of owning a PS3 back in the days.

Anyway, enough PSN hate!

Akai this sounds pretty cool and I'm eager to see how it develops. You did a great job with the original cup so I'm sure whatever you have planned for this will turn out well. Just please if you can do not make it run as long as the previous one. It's really hard to give up each and every saturday for these events when you are in a serious relationship or have lots of responsibility.

phanatik, Tricky and steelbaz like this.
  12. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I'm really interested in this season. Curious to see the upcoming teams.

13. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Should we start forming teams yet, or wait until closer to the start of the circuit?

14. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I am willing to do this, so if anyone needs a team mate then let me know and dont start poking fun and all that foolish stuff cause I am done with it and will not respond to it. So what happened in the past leave it in the past, lets focus on the future in a good way. Also I am not doing this for prizes or anything like that if there are prizes then its cool and if no prizes then its cool too. I just play for fun and to improve. So let me know.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  15. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Nice to see it's coming soon !
    I will be part of it this time from the beginning ^^
    Also, I hope you will not allow some famous cheater / fraud who DC in this tournament, like you did for the first season ( I heard ) until he redeems himself and prove it, of course, since all what come out of his mouth is liars.

pana, BlackGeneral and steelbaz like this.
  16. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    A dayum it looks cool but....i dont think im good enough in the super pro peoples teams :,(

17. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    it is all about having fun just like any other tourny besides how are you going to get better unless you step up to the plate and play some big boys once in a while. it will only make you stronger at the end of the day

BlackGeneral likes this.
  18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Make teams however you want. The emphasis is to build relationships with your teammates and rival teams - whatever they may be, for better or worse (VFR stands for "Virtua Fighter Relationships)

As for making teams based on lag/connections...I think that should be low on people's priorities, but that is just me.

Yeah, it was a frustrating experience dealing with the PSN issues. I think the issues on PSN was compounded with people's connections also. The format for the PSN League will differ from the XBL League as we will try to work with what we are given (bad PSN)

Yeah, just remember you are not required to participate in every event! I think in season 1, you were playing on both PSN and XBL, so you were playing every weekend. I can see people easily burnt out because of that. I know the schedule will have to be less taxing to me than season 1.

You can start forming them now. If members on your team don't have a VFDC account, tell them to do so and register for the VF Circuit. Right now, I don't know how many people are interested, but I think a minimum of 3 teams within a "region" is required (answers Junsuina question) for this to work. Everything is a trial and error!

19. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Akai, what's the timeframe for this? Will the season start mid-summer or are you planning on waiting until september?

20. Bloodstyle

Bloodstyle Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to this big time.

DigitlSamurai and Craigbot like this.