1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shun's Mule Kick

Discussion in 'Shun' started by knuckles, Nov 12, 2003.

1. knuckles

knuckles New Member

I swear that is like the Funniest attack in the game!

Would you do that attack in real life?

Have you ever got caught by that attack in the game? I get caught by it every time i play.

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Dude, try and keep to the right board. This one is meant to be for commands etc etc. Stuff like this should go in Junky's Jungle if you feel the need to post any more of the same.

3. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

The arts in the game are REAL but alot of the movements are not, simply based on that of the art. Example, Vale Tudo styles is a whole lot of ground combat, not contact, you NEVER punch in Judo, and in Drunken Martial Arts it is important to drink the exact amount of alchohol to become more unmoved from damage.

4. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

... i dont kno about Vale Tudo but i saw sumwhere that almost 95% of Akiras moves are legit. i HAVE NO IDEA how they do the moves in real life (eg. SPoD) but the reference came from a real Hakkyokuken apprentice. im not saying that its true but Sega did spend some time looking at the different arts. Muay Thai seems real to me tho, the way they have one knee up and the way they position themselves defensively like Venessa. ive seen Muay Thai battles and im sure theyre allowed to punch.

5. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    aznricemasta said:

Muay Thai seems real to me tho, the way they have one knee up and the way they position themselves defensively like Venessa. ive seen Muay Thai battles and im sure theyre allowed to punch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Muay Thai is practicly Asian Boxing, so sure they are allowed to punch, if you read correctly I was refering to Judo, no punching. This actually explains why Goh doesnt have strong straight fist moves.

6. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

I love that kick. On stages with short walls you can hit your opponent over the fence if your at the right length away.

7. Xenocide

Xenocide Member

Speaking of Vanessa...Vale Tudo is actually street fighting. Vale Tudo is portugeuse for "Anything Goes"

8. Xenocide

Xenocide Member

BTW I almost never use Shun's Mule Kick. I dunno it just seems dumb to use. It's not a very good floater (at least compared to [2][3][6][P])

9. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

The mule kick has certain advantages of chowan in that it can eat certain attacks, such as low punches and low kicks I believe... You can get some damage or drinks after it, so it is a good move to use to turn the flow of a match in your favor...

-Alex

10. Xenocide

Xenocide Member

After finding out that you can [6][6][P]+[K] right after that move for 3 Dps I have been using it a bit more often.

If blocked, it leaves you wide open for a throw though(unless you throw escape)

11. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

mule kick is used better as an occasional mid if you think they will block low and mostly as a low p crasher when you are at small disadvatage. Its -13 on block so free [3]+[P][P][P],[8]+[P] for jacky and lots of other things. most assuredly its pain for shun if its blocked.

12. SpeedFreak25

SpeedFreak25 Active Member

im sorry dont kaugh at me. is the mule kick [8][K]?

13. Cas

Cas Active Member

This is dangerous against a skilled opponent, because they can techroll every time and rise to hit you while you are still drinking. Akira for instance has a free DblPalm...

14. Cas

Cas Active Member

[8][K] or [8][K]+[G]. I prefer the second, because there's no danger of accidentally getting a [8_][K] (jump).

15. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Oh man, how about some follow ups? Anybody know the circumstances required for [8]+[K], [9]+[G]+[P]+[K], [2]+[P], [4][6]+[P], [P], [P]? /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

i saw on the POPY videos, a shun kept doing
    [8]+[K]+[G] -> [9]/[3]+[P]+[K]+[G] -> [2]+[P] -> [6]+[P] [K]

after testing it out a bit, i found the best way to do it is to do the [9]/[3] in the direction of the higher bouncing leg. Might be same rules for [4][6][P][P][P], not sure.

17. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    To get in the [9]/[3][P][K][G] [2][P][4][6][P][P][P] you must move in the direction of the opponents forward-most leg at the time of the attack. So if you are on 1P side and his right leg is forward, then go up, if his left leg is forward go down. The bk][6][P][P][P] doesnt always work on Jeffry or Wolf, and one of the punches often misses on Akira and Goh.

And it is not tech rollable, whoever said that.

Here are some follow ups i do:
    [8][P]
    [9]/[3][P][K][G][2][P] [4][6][P][P][P]
    [3_][P][P][K] (must have 8 drinks, and hold lever down before entering first [P].
    [6][P][P][K] (timing is tough, and some characters (ie jeff, wolf) only allow the first [P] to get in
    [1][K][K] its just plain annoying
    If you can catch some characters doing a very high move (esp Kage, Lei Fei) it catches them so harshly that you can get in two Mule Kicks, and if you pump up on drinks you can add a [4][6][P][P][P] at the end of that.

18. OneTooMany

OneTooMany Well-Known Member

About the timing on [6][P][P][K] u can do like the tactics and advice thing and do a [P] right after [8][P]+[K] then do [6][P] [P] [K].The [P] will not hit but it takes out the guessing on the timing