1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Smashing Through the Cage of Fighting Vipers 2

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 12, 2014.

By Myke on Sep 12, 2014 at 7:13 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In a recent interview featured on SRK, DEATH CRUNCH! - Smashing Through the Cage of Fighting Vipers 2, James Moses sets out to uncover all those things that made FV2 such a unique, exciting and, in many ways, pioneering 3D fighting game for its time, including many parallel threads with Virtua Fighter. In the first part of the interview, VFDC's @Zero-chan shares some personal history revealing how "VF2 [being] like a message from God" led her onto a journey culminating in a deep passion for the Vipers franchise during "the mid-90s, when fighting game damage was at ridiculous levels." In the second part, VF legend Heruru provides invaluable insight from a high-level player's perspective and reveals why he thinks "Fighting Vipers 2 has one of the best game systems for a 3D fighter."

ToyDingo and Neonomide like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 12, 2014.

1. wall
      wall
      I had the rare chance to play this game. I wasn't deep into the game on knowing technique stuff, but it had some fun flashy stuff.

I really enjoyed when Charlie got into his bicycle stances, and did all that tricky stuff.

We need a 3rd installment of this game, and bring us the 2nd 1 for download, since we never officially got it.
    2. TheKillingJoke
      TheKillingJoke
      Agreed this game is really fun to play. If they do bring the 2nd one I really hope it has a training mode sucks that the first one lacks it.
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    3. Sudden_Death
      Sudden_Death
      Fantastic read!
      Good shit