1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stream for Charity - VF5FS Online Tourney

Discussion in 'General' started by SWBeta, Oct 21, 2014.

1. SWBeta

SWBeta Member

Hey guys!

SWBeta Streaming (my stream channel) will be participating in Extra Life's 2014 Save a Kid charity event this weekend (Saturday, Oct. 25th from 3pm - Sunday, Oct. 26th to 3pm). This is a 24hr live-stream gaming event! We have many events planned for the stream and welcome everyone to visit the stream if they have time over the weekend!

We are currently looking for a few people interested in joining small 8-man Playstation 3 online tournaments for certain fighting games. Namely: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Callibur V, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Skullgirls, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Mortal Kombat 9, and Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. Post up your PSN and the game you're entering if you're interested in entering for any of these games!

Visit http://www.tinyurl.com/extralifeswbeta for more details on Extra Life.
    Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/swbeta

Event trailer coming very soon!
    Thanks!

Ellis likes this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    D:

BBountyHuntyr and steelbaz like this.
  3. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    whats the exact date and time for the vf tourney?

4. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

This is for NA right?

5. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
  6. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    plz dun tag me for online FS Kama >_<

7. SWBeta

SWBeta Member

Date is this Saturday, October 25th. The stream starts at 3pm Eastern American time. The actual tourney start time is tentative at the moment, but it will most likely be what we start off with.

It's for whoever wants to play. The time is USA Eastern time, but if it is a time at which you are awake and available, don't hesitate to post up your PSN!

8. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    ....eeehhhh...If you want a tourney that doesn't disconnect every 5 seconds you might want to limit it to one region. VF on PSN is a cranky bitch.

Just sayin'...

SWBeta likes this.
  9. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I should be around, so why the heck not, I'll sign up.

c'mon @steelbaz , stop bein' scared of competition

SWBeta likes this.
  10. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    oh yeah, THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I love my international VF'ers, but its a waste of time to run a cross continent PSN VF tourney

11. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I am all for a good cause so count me in. My psn ID is BlackBeltSpartan. I can enter Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, also I can enter mortal kombat 9, tekken tag 2, soul callibur 5 and Ultimate marvel vs Capcom 3. I have not played them in a while except virtua fighter. So for virtua fighter sign me up and if you need more people for the other fighters then let me know.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    SWBeta likes this.
  12. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    We'll be doing offline in December at my spot, you are welcome to come and "compete" offline with the rest of us. Free food, drinks, and smoke if you show up. Lots of good looking real life white women in the area for you, if you have the income for them ^_^

I'll always take a pass on the online, but you are welcome to show up for offline Bstar!!

13. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I've actually done alot more travelling for VF that any of you guys, so how bout you come to Final Round for dat VF instead of you conveniently waiting for me at your front door. So lazy! :| :| :| :| :|

But yeah, I'll stop with the off-topic posting now

ShinyBrentford and steelbaz like this.
  14. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Can I say "maybe" for VF5FS?

15. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Due to some other things i have to do this weekend, I might be up in the air for attending this online tourney. Put me down for a solid "maybe"

16. SWBeta

SWBeta Member

Okay. I've got SNAKE BOSS down for confirmed, and DifitlSamurai and BLACKSTAR down for maybe. Please let me know asap if things change. I'll be closing down entry in about 12 hours.

SNAKE BOSS likes this.
  17. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'd really like to join in, but I'm not entirely sure of my plans on Saturday. I'll join the others as a solid "maybe" and let you know if my status changes.

PSN: BrodiMAN

SWBeta likes this.
  18. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Is this free to enter, or are entrants obligated to donate money? If so how much? And do I have to be present for the entire 24 hours?

I'll most likely enter, but need to know these things to determine whether I can.

19. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Also if you can post what times will each tournament start. What time for virtua fighter, what time for mortal kombat and so on.

20. DigitlSamurai

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    If you're going to lock in the entries tonight, I'll need to know the answers to my questions by about 9 Eastern tonight or I won't be able to make it.