1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter V coming to PS4 and PC

Discussion in 'General' started by def, Dec 5, 2014.

1. def

def Well-Known Member

Shinobi likes this.
  2. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Like Xrd, the updates won't be exclusive. From the .gifs, it looks like a more stylized (for the better) SFIV. Haven't watched the whole trailer.

Glad it's coming to PC.

3. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Glad it's coming to PC. But, I do miss hand drawn sprites :(

Puno_de_Leyenda and IcKY99 like this.
  4. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Give Ryu a fucking hobo-beard already.

5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    so since VF5 we've got 2 soul caliburs, 2 doas, 3 tekkens, 2 smash games, now 2 SF's

step up SEGA...

6. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Dhalsim's stretchy arms and Blanka's electric shock will look cool, I guess. Online VF, anyone?

IcKY99 likes this.
  7. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

No grown woman Makoto - no buy.

Mold_Monkey93 and IcKY99 like this.
  8. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Meh. I'm sure the SF players that prefer Xbox are gonna be a lil hot about the exclusives. So it kinda sucks for them. Only fighting game I'd buy a specific console for would be VF. And I'm sure the people that feel the same about SF will buy a PS4. Hopefully Sonys' net code (or whatever) will be a lot better than it is now. Though I couldn't care less about other fighting games, I wouldn't wish a bad netcode/online experience for any of them, hahah.

Only reasons I have other fighting games is because either someone bought em for me, a friend enjoys them and wants me to play them online, or they were dirt cheap at the time I bought em. Pushing buttons in other fighters is always a lil fun, so I'd get SFV when it's real cheap if it ever came out for the Xbox. Anything can happen. VF5 vanilla came to Xbox later on down the road.

Random thought: I always thought Ryu's gloves looked better in the older styles, where they didn't cover his knuckles and didn't look like MMA gloves. Maybe it's because that's what he (the shotos) wore when I was introduced to SF.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  9. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Xbone KI exclusive? Karma's a bitch. Get rekt Microsoft.

10. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    agreed.

I await a possible system change. Let's hope it does not feel much like sf4

11. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Can add this to the OP.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  12. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Really excited for this and loving the gameplay changes so far!

From what I can tell, it looks like there's a guard crush, some-type of power-up state/install-mode, bounce and OTGs now. Also, the combo-system seems different and open to more air combos.

Like how many others feel, I do agree that this game still looks a little too similar to the SF4-series, but it's still early...This is most likely only Alpha-stage footage.

Also, here's hoping to them bringing back whoever did the SF3-series OST or something similar to it!

Here's the official announcement trailer-Pretty cool how they highlight the game's community.

Site:
    http://www.streetfighter.com/us/sfv

Also, the game will feature cross-platform play between PS4 and PC!

Shinobi likes this.
  13. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Can't front. The more I watch that trailer, the better the game looks. Not sure if Ryu was doing a taunt or not, but he was in a parry position in some of those scenes. But I know he has a taunt that looks similar to that stance he was in. Also, that 'Shin Shoryuken' Ryu did was hot.

Shame it wont be on Xbox till Super SFV or whatever they decide to call it. Ahh well. I know there's gonna be a group of people that's gon be a lil upset. Especially the ones that already have an Xbox 1. But no matter how much they holler, aint nothin gon change.

14. def

def Well-Known Member

Don't forget Ultra SF IV has been announced for PS4 next Spring, I'm hoping they have an upgrade discount for those that own the PS3 version. I know they did that with USFIV for those that own SSFIV

15. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Yay. A cartoonish orgy of colors and noises. Online VF, anyone? :p

Cool announcement trailer though...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Ellis likes this.
  16. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Yay. 6 years after FS release we get version B? -_-

nou, IcKY99 and steelbaz like this.
  17. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

If that "gameplay" trailer is an indication of anything, guard breaks just might be in this. And if that's true, thank fucking god.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  18. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Gotta suck to be the dude that accidentally made those videos public. I completely forgot Capcom Cup is in like, a week. Pretty sure they wanted to bust out that footage on everyone at that event. I know the people high up must've been like "stop fuckin with me" on some serious shit when the news of the video leak got to them. They had to be pissed, and been able to make it in the Guinness Book for 'deepest face palm'.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  19. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
  20. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico