1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W., Season #2 -- Weekly Ranking Battles

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Nov 15, 2015.

1. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I thought everything ran pretty smoothly for the record. It would have been nice to have more players in the room though.

Do I need to sign up for the next week or am I already entered for the whole season?

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    thanks man, for your comment. always let me know what you think, i want feedback feedback feedback

I agree with you, part of the problem with your room was that people didn't show up. and since there are only 6 people max per room, one person missing makes the whole thing less fun, and in your case, it was two (though cruz had family-stuff to deal with, so that is definitely understandable).

At the same time, when it comes to any league, the more players the better. Right now we have *just enough* players to make this fun. That's why we need more people to sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get people to sign up!!!!!

3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I apologize guys I got back late. I signed on at about 7:30 p.m. Sent Blackstar a message, but I guess i was too late. Are we still on for next week, same schedules?

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  4. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Can I sign up when I know that I won't be able to play many weeks? It sounds fun, and I have moved the Xbox into my living room to get more chances to play, but I got roommates and work on Mondays which will probably kill my ability to play.

5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    you can sign up anytime you want. no restrictions. And when youre signed up, youre signed up for the season.

6. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    thank you for the reply back, its much appreciated. Youre always welcome to sign up for RAW RanBats; however, it will be Xbox-only (once again) from now on.

7. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Okay, I'll sign up with Jeffry and Shun. 7PM is the regular time?

8. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    @Kruza had said to me that he would like to participate, but he wont be able to play until around 10:30 EST. Because of that, I would like to try and accomidate him by starting R.A.W. #53 later....around 8 or 9pm EST.

What do all of you guys think?

adamYUKI likes this.
  9. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Hey signed up with aoi, right? Nobody need aoi. I say start normal time...
    LOLOL jk.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  10. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    So was it not enough ppl for the PSN? :eek: I hope I'm not the cause of discontinuing it.:(

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  11. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    i don't mind since i saw how fast the rooms went on average. 8 is still good for me as long as i get my room matches in as soon as possible. 9 would still be doable but i prefer 8 just incase the room matches last longer than expected.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    BLACKSTAR likes this.
  12. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I was only able to watch for for about 20-30 minutes. I caught the end of one room and a few matches in the next room. So I don't have a good grasp on how quick they could end. I'll have to look at the rules again. I forgot em, lol.

With that said. This format was a lot more fun for me to watch, since I got to see more players playing. Doing first to 2's is good too. It's quick, and the person gets a runback if they lost to try and snatch that point.

I think this will be even more fun to watch later on down the line when people get their ranks. Seeing the high, mid and low ranks 'tug of war' it out with each other to rank up will be fun to watch, since they'll be sround the same level. Anything can happen too though. It could still go fast if a person is doing good at that moment. Will also be cool to see a player (or players) ranking up and moving onto the next room of higher ranked players.

With this. It'll even be fun to see the lower ranked players play (for me anyways), since we'll be able to see who's gonna adapt to enough to get the points to rank up. We'll basically be able to see someone level up enough at that moment to be able to take the room, mid-stream.

Hopefully you'll have enough players to keep it going. It seemed like you had a decent amount of people for this first week.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  13. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    This time works well for me. Even better than the earlier start time. :)

BLACKSTAR and Rodnutz like this.
  14. WiidN1NJ4

WiidN1NJ4 Member

I have no problem with moving the time as well. I'll admit it's challenging, but I welcome all VF players to join in and show your support for your character and play style.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  15. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Doesn't matter to me. 8 or 9 is fine.

daRockReaper and BLACKSTAR like this.
  16. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    8 or 9 works for me. I'd rather 8 when possible though.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Same! Later the better but if it's not possible I will still do my best to participate. Probably best to put me in the last room always. :D

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  18. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

@Tricky, WRU? & don't you want to be a Star Player?

19. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Nah, PSN as a whole is a badly run service. As far as RAW goes, not enough PSN players are supporting it, so I'd rather focus my time more productively on XBL

20. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    OK, guys, I'll try and update everything tonight, as far as the OP, the sign-ups, and the rank/scores.

BTW, for the time being, I wont be actually participating, just running RAW RanBats, so I'll write myself out of signups.