1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W. -- Weekly Online Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

By BLACKSTAR on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to "Sunday Night R.A.W."! - Online exhibition matches - FT'5's, FT7's and all the way up to FT10's (if approved). They will occur on Sundays, from 7pm-until (EST), and will be streamed by me (@BLACKSTAR) at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga.​

Next: Sunday Night R.A.W. #51
    The LAST R.A.W. of Season #1!
    Sunday, April 12th, 2015 @ 6:30PM EST.

[​IMG]
    Exhibitions:

-Main Event (10pm EST): YYY | @BBountyHuntyr (Aoi) vs. @_Denkai_ (Jacky?) -- We're going out with BANG for the last Main Event of the Season! US' Best Aoi vs. Best Jacky!

-@Kamais_Ookin (???) vs @SNAKE BOSS (Lau), FT7, 9:15pm EST
    -@oneida (Lau) vs. @Shidosha (Taka?), FT7, 8:30pm EST
    -@Swordfish2 (Wolf) vs @VFhayato (Goh), FT7, 7:45pm EST
    -@Sindanez (Lei-Fei) vs @AngryFlyingChop (Goh), FT7, 7pm EST
    -@DigitlSamurai (Jacky) vs. @VFhayato (Goh), FT5, 6:30pm EST
    -

NOTE: CHARACTER LOCK IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL R.A.W. MATCH EXHIBITIONS!
    Be sure to list your character when you sign up!

All R.A.W. matches are now STANDARD FT7, unless FT5/F10 is asked for, discussed, and agreed upon!

-Wanna make your own exhibition for this week's R.A.W.?
    Make your voice known in the comments!!

Are you interested in playing a long set on stream with commentary? ANYONE is invited, skill level is NOT a factor, and new players are encouraged to join in!

Make a post and let us know you want to join!

We want more people to commentate! ANYONE is invited to commentate, whether you are a vet or a new player, or if you wanna commentate or just laugh and joke with the players! During or before the sets begin, use Skype and send a message or friend request to 'blackstar2478' to join in on the call! Limited space in the XBL room will also be made available for those who want to use XBL Chat!

How it works is like this:

Reply on this thread with your gamertag, the date you (and your opponent, if applicable) are available, location you play from, and what you would like to do, and you will be placed on a list of 'interested players' on the opening post (this post).

For example:
    or like this
    NOTE: If you have an opponent in mind, make sure that THEY REPLY IN THE THREAD TOO, OR THE REQUEST WON'T COUNT.

Also, NOTE: FT10's take FOREVER, so only especially hype matches get to do those.

IF YOU WANT A PRE-RAW INTERVIEW DONE, IT IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY FROM NOW ON.
    So, in other words, if you want an interview, just ask and I'll do it. If you're a spectator, and IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET INTERVIEWED, just ask me as well, and i'll try and arrange one with them if they want.

If there is a disconnection (DC) during a RAW set, neither player will win the match where the DC occurs (unless BLACKSTAR or designated person says otherwise).

Instead, both players will play the next match by first allowing each player to willingly give up the same number of rounds they had lost in the previous DC'd match, before playing out the rest of the match.

3 UNINTENTIONAL DC's are allowed in a RAW set. Any further DC's will result in the immediate end of the RAW set and a DRAW(can be overruled, if both participating players express that they wish to continue).

ANY 1 DC DEEMED INTENTIONAL by BLACKSTAR or designated person will result in the IMMEDIATE disqualification and loss of the entire RAW set for the offending player. A subsequent BAN from participation in future RAW events may also occur.

Sure, why not. Just see if your opponent is cool with it, and both of you guys let me know that that is what you want to do.

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Unless you have a good reason where its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do RAW on a Sunday, then NO. Even if you do, note that we will work with you, but nothing will be guaranteed. I have my own life to live, after all. That being said, if you want to have a RAW match, but can't do Sundays, let us know here on the RAW thread, and we will work with you.

Upcoming Matches and Interested players:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

1. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      It's character lock, right? Man, i'll get bored. Guess i'll give it a go anyway. And space for me on the undercard next sunday?
      Ellis likes this.
    2. Pai~Chun
      Pai~Chun
      The audio on the clip at 1 hour, 10 minutes in merely vindicates what I and many others claimed about you long ago. Many of the other Euro tags, and obviously the PSN peeps have probably never you heard in action before. Sorry, but I don't waste my precious gaming time with nasty, seemingly anti-VF people.
      If you much preferred VF4E to FS, then please, at least have the courtesy to leave it alone, like some of your old crew have done.
      In all this time I have played with thousands of people all over, and you're still the only one to act all Patrick Bateman on the mic. When will you ever hold yourself accountable?
    3. Ellis
      Ellis
      @Modelah, it is alright with the time-troubles - i always have an abnormally tough time converting the time aswell, both from timezone to timezone, from 12-hour to 24-hour clock and so forth. Always have to re-check a few times before i am sure i got it right :)
    4. Darksoul173
      Darksoul173
      Fixed that for ya
      ShinyBrentford likes this.
    5. Ellis
      Ellis
      Yeah give us some fights!,

Also, i want to re-clarify that for myself I will have to have it on a saturday (whenever also possible for blackstar, just to have atleast parts of a day getting back in gear for mondays work.

(if i remember it correctly the time for RAW was around 3-4 at night for me here, making sunday impossible if i don't wan't to die at work)
    6. Pai~Chun
      Pai~Chun
      Hahahah, this guy can't handle the truth about his Lion hero. Get an Xbox, like you said you would, and come find out for yourself ;)

@Lib: you've wildly taken this out of context dude. People, such as yourself, say something hostile to me in the chat, and guess what, maybe I might say something back? :eek:
      Incredible you're stood there playing a Japanese legend and still talking about me, some random online player from England. It's the SB story all over again, zzz.
      You largely spent the two years of FS so far on PSN, that's a fact. So please, you're not really privy to the matches and sessions we play out over Live, where some guys I may make the odd jokey remark about on here know the what the real deal is in-game.
    7. Darksoul173
      Darksoul173
      Fixed again

side note:If they way Tim talks on the mic bother you so much... turn off your headset
    8. Pai~Chun
      Pai~Chun
      I've simply turned him off, and people like you too, by packing away my PS3 :)
    9. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      sure. who are you gonna play against?

EDIT: Oh yeah, system?
    10. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      Shut up.
      ShinyBrentford and leftylizard like this.
    11. Darksoul173
      Darksoul173
      Good to see you admitting
      Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
      Pai~Chun likes this.
    12. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      I have both systems. I don't really care who i play against. I'm shit and need experience/practice. FT5 or FT7.

I'll be using Vanessa. I like using multiple characters and its the only way i can!!
      BLACKSTAR, Ellis and Pai~Chun like this.
    13. DK
      DK
      @BLACKSTAR you might want to edit the post, I thought I said I was using wolf.
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    14. Ellis
      Ellis
      If our connection holds (it should with your great ping and my not-too-shabby connection, location differences willing - but we should try it more before in case), and unless you find a possibly stronger opponent
      - I'd gladly go an FT7 with you, could be interesting and i really need VS vanessa experience.

Preferebly you'd host in this case, i cannot beat that ping you posted before.

Only thing is i'd need it to be a saturday, but at any time fitting to you and/or blackstar :)

I'd enter the arena not expecting to win, but to at the very least minimize my beatings - and hopefuly come out wiser, with commentary and advice.

Sounds doable? :)
    15. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Excellent FT10 session between @Libertine and @Tricky! Very enjoyable and entertaining!
      Tricky likes this.
    16. Libertine
      Libertine
      Thanks, but I think that I played pretty badly. There was a lot of lag. I couldn't tech roll and kept dropping combos, and I'm sure that Tricky had problems too.
      Blitzball Champ likes this.
    17. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      It's very simple pai-dodge, play raw and level up or stfu and be left behind. Nobody wants to read your love letter justifications, so stop or I'll get doctor who to erase you from time.
    18. soke
      soke
      Lets get it.
    19. Tricky
      Tricky
      Still Ggs tho. I know in stream chat you said you still don't know the eileen matchup, but really you don't need to yet. Now that you're using brad's _6K more threateningly you're forcing me to actually play the brad matchup (and believe you me I am salty) will finally get me the exp I'll need to beat brads that know what they're doing. The safest strat I have to deal with good brad play is heavily whiff punishment dependent (read reaction based) and you're right to assume the lag made that hard. I get CH if I whiff punish too early or you are able to block if I whiff punish too late, lot of that happening.

I rewatched a few of the sets and saw Jacko suspecting you were listening to the stream audio during the set. Did you not turn off the stream, cuz that decreases connection stability when you're playing.

Also, I'd like fluff Cup 3.0 to be a runback :)
      BLACKSTAR and Libertine like this.
    20. Libertine
      Libertine
      No. In fact, I may have shut down my computer entirely.