1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by tehmidcap, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    So I ended up just buying the upgrade for the free version of AE the other day. Decapre is hella fun, though I have no idea what I'm doing with her, hahah.

One thing I'm having a hard time with is landing her U2 after her st.mp, st.hk target combo. The ground version comes out almost every time. Even when I circle around the other way to hit the up diagonal,

I.e. [1][2][3][2][1][4][7][8][9] still get the ground version :| I can only blame the input leniency being so strong. Wack.

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    oh snap. what's ur GT?

I've gotten that ultra to work by trying to maximize the amount of time I hold down/back.

3. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    GT: puertoricanstyl

I can get the ultra to come out. I just get the ground version instead of the anti air one 85% of the time, lol. Even when I do it like how I posted above. You sayin you delay the Ultra for an extra hot second?

4. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    I usually don't have trouble with command grabs but for some reason I often get overlap when I try Hugo's Meat Squasher (360K). From my understanding it doesn't have a shortcut so I end up with either lariat or anit-air throw. No other command grab have given me this problem before, wtf.

5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I once heard, sometimes it's better to be lucky than to be good. lol. The YouTube uploader would take all day to upload a video. I also read having the Xbox do so for so long would be really stressful for the Xbox. So I just used mah tablet to record.

I'm having fun with Makoto, the RF and some other things. I still can't stand the mash reversal factor, and the "auto-correct trajectory jumps" that seem to let all kinds of moves cross up no matter where you jump from.. They really went in trying to make this game easier for casuals. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that is what they did with the jumps and hit/hurt boxes for cross ups.

EvenPit, Craigbot and Cozby like this.
  6. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    wowwow. Makoto is so balls deep

7. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    this is a game designed with a mindset that one-frame links are cool and not a stupid skill barrier, so i wager it's more like the team behind sf4's iterations secretly don't know how to design a fighting game

8. MDSPrime

MDSPrime Grappler & Part time Ninja

XBL:
    Pilchard LoveR
    I think Capcom made it like that intentionally, the game is designed for people who are lazy and don't like to think too much, like a fighting game version of call of duty, ironically because of its bad design SF at a higher level requires an insane amount of technical knowledge & skill to make up for the amount of things wrong with it lol

MarlyJay likes this.
  9. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Uhg.. This game man. It can be fun, but can be ass at the same time. Jump from friggin anywhere and crap hits. Get tired of that happening to me. Gotta learn how to block I guess....

10. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If you have a solid grasp of 2D fighter basics, you can probably beat 70% of online players even without 1 frame links.

leftylizard likes this.
  11. floodnhard

floodnhard Active Member

agreed yomi if your spacing is on point you can win without 1 frames and big combos

12. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Hmm, I like Yun, but I think he's pretty robotic and setup-dependent. I really like Ken; I feel like they got him right this time around. His footsies are super good now.

13. Optimus_Cack

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    yeah but fadc is another matter

14. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    FADC 101: Backdash if you doubt your yolo uppercut won't hit, dash if you think it will. DP+P~MP+MK, ff/bb.

15. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I can't seem to pull this one out,
    Can anyone enlighten me on this? So am i looking at 63214 THEN 63214 again or just 1 (63214) then LP<LP<LP, MP<MP<MP, or HP<HP<HP wtf? Im not trying to connect though I wanted the projectile for other reasons similar to Dormammu's level 2 in marvel kiiiinda. And another note: it says this is not a instant-grab Ultra so would a example of a instant-grab Ultra be like Akuma's instant_grab Ultra??

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 5.56.40 PM.png

16. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    @EvenPit, you have to perform the directional motion twice (x2) following all 3 punch buttons (Lp, Mp & Hp) at the same time. If you're up close to your opponent, you'll get the grab animation of the Ultra. If they're not so close to you, you'll see the fireball animation which doesn't travel that far. I hope this answers your question :D. To be sure, try it in training mode and see for yourself :).

EvenPit likes this.
  17. floodnhard

floodnhard Active Member

ya 2 half circles back and all 3 punches

EvenPit likes this.
  18. Optimus_Cack

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    the point is that it's a relatively complex hand routine that is an essential skill for high level play. that's hardly a mechanic designed for "casuals" or new players

what this means by "instant-grab" basically means the throw becomes "active" the very first frame after the super freeze. instant grabs would be things like 720s like zangief's or hugo's ultra. akuma's raging demon is a little weird, since it has to travel to reach the opponent and activate. i still think it has a few frames of start-up that people can jump out at neutral frame situations, even at point blank.

a couple of characters have a grab ultra with start-up like guy, balrog/boxer, and e honda. like the guide says, most of the time the other player can just hold 'up' when they see the super freeze and get out of it. they require a nasty frame trap or a fat, juicy punish window. last i knew most players generally didn't pick these kinds of ultras in favor combo-able ultras.

EvenPit likes this.
  19. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Oh thanks y'all, but I've decided to Stick with Cody I brought his costumes and everything its a wrap and he seems like a decent character to start out with at least.

Craigbot likes this.
  20. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    want a tip? dont play random people in ranked too much,because you will start to dislike the game. i recommend setting up endless lobbys titled "serious matches." most legit players look for that title lobby.

EvenPit likes this.