1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

switching characters

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by SupaRubz, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SupaRubz

SupaRubz Member

Hi, I was on this forum a while ago when I started playing VF and in the end chose Jacky as my character. After playing it a while and watching tons of videos and doing all round research, I seem to be drawn towards Lei Fei. As I said previously, I am a Hwoarang player in Tekken (if that makes a difference selecting characters here) but what do people think about switching? Is it a good idea? Thanks for any help guys

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Some people switch and do just fine. I think it's because they have a grasp of the fundamentals of VF, for instance evry char has certain moves like 3k,2p,an elbow etc. So you can play to an extent every char the same way, but if you want to be good at it....

Pick whoever feels right and learn their frame data imo. Even if you flit around between a couple it prob won't do much harm, most people end up playing more than 1 eventually anyway.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    ^^Excellent advice.

I started with Jacky in VF2 and VF3. I switched to Akira in VF3 and haven't looked back. I have tried VF5 Eileen as an alternate. I've found that choosing her forces me to focus on the VF system because she's so different than Akira. It's great if I've hit a plateau. I switch to Eileen for a bit and then go back to Akira and come out stronger than I was before.