1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka Combos

Discussion in 'Taka' started by Reno, May 29, 2012.

1. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Against Lightweight characters up to Lion :
    [3][3][P]+[K] , [1][P][P] , [P] , [4][3][P] ,[K]+[G][P] is garanteed for 88dmg. Seems like the best damage you can get out of 33P+K.

And :
    [3][3][P]+[K] , [1][P][P] , [P] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] W! , [6][K][K] is a garanteed wall combo for 101dmg against those kind of characters.
    [3][3][P]+[K] , [1][P][P] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] W! , [6][K][K] is a garanteed wall combo against middleweight characters (doesn't combo on Jean) for 99dmg.

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    33P+K, 1PP, P, 43P, K+GP works only from closed.

Here is a 33P combo on Eileen and Blaze: 33P, 33P+K, P, 43P, K+GP, 98 dmg.

Maxou likes this.
  3. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

I didn't checked if it worked only from closed stance. Nice !

4. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

CH [4][1][2][3][6][P] , [6_][P] , [3][3][P]+[K] , [6][P]+[K][P][P] - 91dmg against Lightweight character needs strict timing for the 33P+K buffer. Can be sometimes hard to get 6P+KPP to connect because of the 33P+K timing.

Found out that :
    CH [4][1][2][3][6][P] , [6_][P] , [1][P][P] , [K]+[G][P] - 87dmg is a lot easier for minimal damage loss.

5. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    It's not hard IMO, I don't have lighting fast fingers but I can still do it consistently, it's about the same timing of any other 33P+K during a combo, just do it 6_P~G~33P+K, no timing necessary since the buffer takes care of the rest. Keep practicing :)

6. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's still an alternate easier combo. Still nice to have.

CH [6][K] , [1][P][P] , [P] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] - 93dmg is garateed against Eileen and Blaze.
    CH [6][K] , [1][P][P] , [4][P][P][P] - 84dmg is garanteed against Aoi
    CH [6][K] , [1][P][P] , [P] , [K]+[G][P] - 81dmg is garanteed against Lightweight (starting from Pai) characters up to Lion.

7. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Online I don't know why but I can't do P+K 6_P 33P+K 6P+KPP against Aoi (even against good connections like Kingo's), the timing is really strict online.
    Found out that :
    [P]+[K] , [1][P][P] , [P] , [K]+[G][P] - 70dmg is garanteed against Aoi, Eileen and Blaze both stance.
    Also [4][P]+[K][P] , dash , [1][P][P] , [P] , [K]+[G][P] - 75dmg is garanteed against Aoi, Eileen and Blaze.

And FINALLY, I have found a use for [2_][4][P]+[G] !
    Against everyone exept Jean, Akira, Wolf, Jeffry and Taka :
    [2_][4][P]+[G] , W! , dash , [1][P][P] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] , [2_][4][6][P]+[K] - 100dmg (easy ender with [3][3][P] for 99dmg)

It gets complicated against Akira, Wolf, Jeffry and Taka because most combos get range dependant.

8. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Yes you can wall your opponent with 6_4P+G, 4P+G and 2P+G for a wall combo if your back is against the wall. I forget the comboes, but yours is a pretty good one already, you'll prob discover them all.

9. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Yomi : What is your best wallcombo out of [4][P]+[G] ?
    I am stuck with : [4][P]+[G] , W! , [1][P][P] , [6][K][K] for around 70dmg, but there's probably better. Seems to work against nearly everyone though (maybe doesn't work against Taka). Can't check atm.

10. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

So I've been toying around with [4][P]+[G] W! :
    - OM to the screen, [1][P][P] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] , [2_][4][6][P]+[K] - 95dmg seems to work against most Lightweights up to Lion. BUT the timing seems kinda inconsistant against Lightweight characters.
    The timing is easy and consistant against Eileen and El Blaze but full combo only works on closed stance. It only works against Aoi in closed stance.

2_4P+G wallcombo is way easier to get, more damaging, and works against middleweight characters.
    My advice is to use 4P+G only for positioning ;) 2_4P+G is the way to find damage.

Against most of weightclasses : use 4P+K W! 1PP K+GP for 69dmg for consistant damage.
    4P+G W! OM to the back 1PP 46P can be used to setup positionning in a different angle.
    4P+G W! 1PP 6P+KPP works against Eileen, Blaze and Aoi.

11. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

In depth [2_][4][P]+[G] W! :

[2_][4][P]+[G] :

Lightweight characters and superlightweight characters
    - W! , [3][3][P]+[K] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] , [1][P][P] , [3][3][P] - 110dmg (!!)

Middleweight characters except Jean
    - W! , dash , [1][P][P] , [4][3][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] , [2_][4][6][P]+[K] - 100dmg

Jean
    - W! , [3][3][P]+[K] , [1][P][P] , Tachi'ai [P]+[K] - 85dmg
    PS : Yes, [P]+[K]+[G] [P]+[K] after [1][P][P]. It works.

Akira
    - W! , [3][3][P]+[K] , [4][6][P] (wall again) , [1][P][P] , [3][3][P] - 96dmg
    PPS : The [4][6][P] won't wall again at max range of [2_][4][P]+[G] W! against Akira, use the Jean combo at max range.
    This combo works for middleweight characters too, and is easy to do against them (the 46P only doesn't wall against Akira). Sometimes you should prefer this one since there is no delay timing involved and minimal damage loss.

Wolf, Jeffry
    - W! , [3][3][P]+[K] , [6][3][2][1][4][P] , [3][3][P] - 84dmg

Taka
    - W! , [4][6][P] , [6][P]+[K][P][P] - 80dmg

This is the max I could find that is not situational.
    This is really interesting, and really damaging against most of the cast. And it gives very good positioning with opponent's back to the wall. Can setup tons of dmg opportunities afterward too.
    I've been using more and more 2_4P+G W! into my game and now I have free middle or HCB P+G throw if I have my back to the wall. The mini dash involved in order to do 2_4P+G counters fuzzy guards too (I use 33_4P+G most of the time) at correct timing.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  12. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I found a combo not listed on combo list. I tested it just vs van but it seems to be doable vs chars of same weight and wegthless [3][3][P]>[P]>[4][3][P]>[3][3][P][+][K]>[6][K][K] 98 dmg on close stance for combo ender

13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

vs which character did you test that combo?

14. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    i found another combo not listed on combo list vs wolf and jeffry:
    [3][3][P][+][K]>[P]>[1][P][P]>[4][K][P]
    Close stance 73 dmg. Vs jeffry or both on ch use [4][4][K][P] instead of [4][K][P] for 1fk
    Yes i know it s only +1 point more dmg and only in close stance but i think it s good to write it here.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Mister and Modelah like this.
  16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I discovered some new combos with taka. Idk if u already know those combis but i think i ll make a vid. A vid of taka it s unusual from =)

17. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Well, since you're building all this suspance I guess there's no way i can convince you to just type them here, right? :°D

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I like make suspance =P i ll try to finish it today

19. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Done... Short video i know but it ds not van so i can t make more effort. I hope u ll enjoy =)

Modelah likes this.
  20. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Lame, making us wait and then there wasn't anything new in that video. Thanks anyway.