1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 moves.

Discussion in 'Lau' started by C1REX, Dec 21, 2007.

1. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

I'm going to play Lau.
    What are the best of his moves?

2. Shiznittles

Shiznittles Well-Known Member

Check out the beginning with Lau thread I started here:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Beginning with Lau</span>

It lists out a lot of his moves and why they are good. To answer your question a good starting 10 would be (in no particular order):

<ul>[*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - slams on hit. great move
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - Great move and a great combo starter. NOTE: A 5¢ royalty is sent to Happy Friend 76[/size]'s bank account every time this move is used.
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif - Good move - not the whole combo but puts you in the useful backturned position.
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - used and abused online
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - used an abused everywhere
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - if you're going to be lame with Lau at least do this move over /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (which most people will make you pay dearly for)
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - I personally love this move. Great mid range punisher. NOTE: A 2¢ royalty is paid to my bank account (Dark Timmy Incorporated[/size]) every time this is done.
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - You better know how to do at least one throw and this is his best if you are only going to learn one.
    [*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - Ah - a sweet semi circular mid which hits twice. Good setup for more.
    [*][While Standing Up]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - I think Lau actually screams "Surprise!" when he does this. [/list]These are just some basics and a lot of these moves lead into combos and such. I didn't list obvious moves (like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) and I did leave out a lot of gems like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

I think Sebo wrote a poem once about Lau:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Lau is Cool
    Lau is Fun
    Lau is great for everyone!</span>

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>*note this is sarcasm and Sebo has in no way endorsed the campaign for Lau as a primary character</span>

Try him out. He's a lot of fun and *ahem* pretty easy to get into (re: scrubby). He is deep and playing him well does take some amount of creativity because of his easy to crutch moves.

Add me as a friend and we can spar (GT Dark Timmy[/size]).

Maybe BETABOW of Happy Friend 76 have some advice. Aaron is normally on tap for a stream of Lau BS.

-Shiz

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Or as a secondary, or merely existing.

---

Lau needs more than 10 (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif://forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif of course):

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif it's not VF1 good (lol?), but still
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with hit checking
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif at advantage or to punish
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (CH /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a lot of damage)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif delay last /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or go to Kokei (now with useful /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!!!) Do not abuse the high portions
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif OMG
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after whiff (opponent's), bait with back dash or something
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!!!!!!
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif knock down low... what more can you ask for?
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for turtles
    etc. (I'm missing a lot but can't continue: all this Lau talk is making me sleepy)

4. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

3ppk is NC, you don't need counter. Still a good chunk of damage, leaves you at -4 though so be aware of that, even if your opponent isn't.

8k will jump some mids, learn what you can get away with, and hit check it. The stun is easily shakeable, 46p is your fastest option for big damage, but be ready to mix up.

2k+g has range like WHOA. Probably his best low.

Sebo I'm curious what you use 1p+k for? Seems slow, doesn't give anything that great on hit, -9 on block. 1p series is close to the same speed, and gives you a great mixup. Just wondering what you use it for.

5. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does the following:

It crushes p and 2p

and it usually stops the loathsome DM.

I fought someone with a high rank recently who I shall not name, and crushed him repeatedly with this move. I didn't want to keep using it, but I'll be damned if I am going to get cheesed out of my advantage by a DM spammer. Bah Humbug on the DM!

Seriously Lau players of the world, use this move when appropriate. You will not be sorry.

6. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Sobers one drink like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, does 2 more damage, but those arn't really the perks to it.

It has evasive properties that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif doesn't have. It will evade standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and throws. Might evade more stuff too but I know for sure it evades those three. I would agree in that it could be among his top ten, even if it doesn't get as much use as other moves.

EDIT: I'd say Sebo's top ten are really close to what I'd list too. I'd swap something out for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, not sure what though. Maybe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif just because it's so dependent on the play-style of my opponent. But that move is still amazing in itself.

Another nominee that I would list if it was more universally applicable would be his high /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and high /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif sabaki ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ). The amount of damage off of this sabaki you can net is disgusting, and it's very good against some characters and play-styles.

7. Shiznittles

I don't use the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif nearly enough! What characters do you see it's effectiveness against? I think it is one of those moves far in the back of my thinking when I play Lau. Like an old buddy long forgotten. It does a full huge crumple as I recall, from there you can bounce to your hearts content.

Sebo, Sweep and me playes quite a few rounds at my place last night and Sweep was commenting on how I never do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif mostly becuase any situation where it would work (standing, guarding opponent) I tend to throw. I should mix that one in more too!

Back to the lab.

-Shiz

8. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

You can use it against me -- I /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > cancel or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif all day with Eileen! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If you predict it, you can:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif [bounce] > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

Gross damage, easy execution!

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mean, like you said easy execution. And doing approx. 70 damage all because someone attacked you, is one of the best forms of punishment there is lol.

Eileen is my top pick for this, because you can usually know when P strings are coming. So Sweep is right in saying her haha. It's really dependent on play-styles, but I've noticed it to work well on some Wolf players, other Laus, some Vanessa players and Kage at close range. I'll keep messing with it to see if I find optimum characters and situations. I started playing Lau more again couple days ago, kind of excited to experiment with him.

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Against opponents who can read stance well, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is not nearly as good as it seems. Good players will DM both hits or even OM to your back for huge damage.

It's not exactly the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif killer as it depends on stance/distance/frame, and its usefulness really does depend on your knowledge of the move. I would still list it under Lau's top 10 moves though.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is useful against any character with predictable strings like Jacky/Vanessa/Sarah etc.

11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems much better at a distance than up close for those reasons. (The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)

Man come to think of it, I'd consider placing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in the top ten, but Shiz mentioned it's just kind of one of the basic tools. Would also consider his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. Risky as hell, but if you use it to punish sidesteps or know it's going to land, it's so damn beefy in damage. And quick quick for a full spinning.

And man, even /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is useful. Can we just make a top 20 for Lau?

12. Shiznittles

OK I gotta ask.

I use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif rarely because of the risk of miss. How does the simple /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif figure for you guys? I find it hits a lot of sidestepping shenanigans and if blocked another /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif tends to do the trick. Perhaps I need to see the light when it comes to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif - it's pretty fast, circular and gets a super replay. Clearly SEGA likes the move.

Alternately, I go for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to get more regular hits but still don't rely much on it.

Dissy (Happy Friend) seem to like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but I think that's mostly because he dresses his Lau like a giant leprechaun[/size]. I use it as a switchup in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif situations. Aaron, what is that variation of the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif you love so much? Is it:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifws/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

I think that's it and it looks nice when done. Lau plants a little seed with the enemy's body then rudely rips it out of the ground with the while standing kick.

I was Dojo'ing around this morning and I noticed Lau doing an OM (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) then sidekick causes a massive crumble on anyone and you can bounce for as high 86 points of damage (maybe more) depending on the situation. Don't know how useful that is or how many use OM a lot. I would guess nearly all characters can do something like that but Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif just looks so awesome.

Gentlemen! Let's begin the conversion of the Hater-ade crusade against the old guy. The other Dojo's have a veritable ass-ton of information about their favorite characters. Lau needs love!

-Shiz

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Your description of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifWS/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif cracked me up lol, cause I can totally see it.

I notice a delayed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can catch sidesteppers, along with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, but they can be evaded. If I know my opponent is going to sidestep, I want to answer with an ankle to the face followed up with an "Ohhhh YEaaahhuuhhhh!" that Lau shouts. It does a bit more damage, on Shun it's minus two whopping DP points. And against conscious players, they'll realize you're purposely spotting when they sidestep, and shutting it down. This is gona weigh heavy on their approach and you can focus on your mixups instead of how to stop their defense.

Maybe I'm getting a bit philosophical and dipping into theory fighter towards the end of that, but I'd like to say that's why I'd choose to do it.

14. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I love Lau's KK.
    It's full circular and leaves you at a pretty good advantage for a full circular. The only drawback is that both hits are high. You can cancel the first K but not the second one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
    Once opponents see the first kick they usually start ducking and low punching or just wait for the kick to go over their heads and counter.
    K(cancel)-throw or mid is what like to go for when I'm toe to toe and got a little advantage but after an opponent techrolls, the second K is one of the ways I like to welcome my opponent back to the stand up game.

15. Shiznittles

Totally agree! I think Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif sobers up the human you're playing against more than anything else. Two of those in a row are awesome and very demoralizing for sidesteppers. It's a great 'zero to hero' move for Lau when it hits.

It doesn't matter how low Lau's life bar is - any move with an "<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Awwww Yeeaaaahhhh</span>" is the rally cry for him to kick some ass!

Yah, play - Dissy and you'll see that silly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifWS/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif jumping attack often. He loves to narrate his ass-kickery with optional commentary too. I recommend his Lau for sheer flamboyance of playing.

-Shiz

16. Shiznittles

Now that is some A-level advice. I will try that! I can't remember the last time i canceled out of that. Good stuff man.

-Shiz

17. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Want to know something sad? Until today, I didn't know the second hit on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif crumples if the first hit does not land, or launch. Same type of crumple as his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif too, so you can do all sorts of nasty stuff off of it. Wouldn't put this in the top 10, but now I understand why I've seen it used at a distance in some matches I've seen.

18. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

I've had enough success with 6k+g to kill DM that I haven't really worried about using kk in it's place. For people that like to tech and sidestep immediately, hit them with this ONCE and all of a sudden they're considering all new options. And you're Lau. So that's good for you.

19. Shiznittles

I didn't know that (at least I wasn't ever trying for that). I use the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif because the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif at the end can't be interrupted by the other guy's nonsense. That's a big crumble on counter right?

Hmmm very interesting. I'll be on the lookout for that more. I don't see it a much and I sprinkle that move in there enough lately since I'm practicing bringing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif into my game. When I miss /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif I normally do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

The move is great for Lei Fei's at range and a few others. People see my Lau flinch at distance and expect me to run in and throw. I do that move and pretty consistently get them. On regular hit it just does a little floaty thing.

-Shiz

20. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Alright, this character is not my main (he is a strong sub though) but here are my top 10 reasons, in no particular order, why this old man rocks.

#1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Goes under high attacks, pushes back on block
    (-6!), gut collapse on counter hit.

#2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Fast whiff punisher, safe on block, combo starter on any hit.

#3. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Advantage on block, goes into Kokei.

#4. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif It's slow (25 frames) but it has really good range, does really good damage (32 normal hit) AND it's only -2 on block

#5. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and it's followups. The move itself is a great combo starter but the followups are all unique and effective. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif leaves you at 0 when blocked but why stop there when you can keep going with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif which does really good damage and it's only -7 on block.
    Then there's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif which is one of the best lows in the game. It's half circular, knocks down on any hit AND it's -6 on block 0_0
    Lastly, the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is obviously for those a-holes that sidestep Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (how dare they?) They get a mouthful of spinning foot XD It's very unsafe to just throw out there all the time but it's a high risk/high reward move bc it does such good damage. If both 44P and K+G hit that's a quarter of the opponent's life gone.

#6. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Awesome elbow, hit-check for followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif AND you can go into Kokei.

#7. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif 16 frames, -9 on block. When your opponent is expecting a throw, hit them with this.

#8. (while standing) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -8 on block! Duck, it'll look like you're going for a low, hit them with this. This is specially effective after hitting your opponent with a few /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif which reminds me...

#9. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif A low that knocks down on any hit AND it has really good range too! Bad news is that it's punishable on block and it's only half circular. Still a great move though.

#10 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif I know these two are not the same but these two moves have been staples of Lau's movelist since VF1. Bread and butter stuff right here.

Well, there's plenty of other moves such as 8K that rock but I would have to make a part 2 to this list.
    Lau is a bad, bad man.