1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 best moves in the game?

Discussion in 'General' started by cmase1989, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    i know man. i keep hitting people with it online hoping to get hatemail... but nothing. acceptance maybe?

Combolammas likes this.
  2. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

I love Friday. Can i have my chili doritos? NO! Well, can i have my money? MY MONEY!!!!

3. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    And you are? lol

Big head cats like you only place anywhere at something like Sega Cup cuz plenty of the best players either can't make it, can't be bothered or because it's FS not older VF.
    Most people out there playing this game for even a few weeks will soon realise some chars are way easier to scrap wins with than others.
    I stand by the weight class thing constantly spoiling this game: it's just patently unfair.
    At NYG I literally heard players describe some chars as "shit". Seen people try to retire as well from this game due to their char becoming under-powered just from 5 to FS.

Two pages into this great discussion, surprised Shun Di hasn't come up more. Seems to have way more tricky to deal with entry points into dmg than Pai, that's for sure.

4. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Sega Cup, NYG... Were you there ?
    please remind us in which offline tourneys you went already ?

leftylizard and ShinyBrentford like this.
  5. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Don't need to be there: I can watch them then play many of the players who go in the days after sitting right here :)

On topic: Akira's 6K+P+G is just 13 frames!? Lau's is 19, good grief. Btw, on the drop down box above, it doesn't currently say Akira's guard break actually is a gb :eek:

6. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Wow Pai, you don't have a clue! Come play offline someday. You'll see what you're missing out on.

Don't you think with all the time and energy you're already spending playing online and on the forums that it might be worthwhile to play the game in its proper form with likeminded people?

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  7. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    When you get into your 30s Krye, and get fibre-optic, you might see it the same way I do.
    I'd rather play VF heavily, and truly internationally online, than a handful of times a year in very expensive settings like some of you guys.
    Your character generally lasts longer than mine in this game, again, largely due to weight class. If they made Lau truly bottom tier like Pai, would you really still take him to tournaments?
    I believe I play this game all the time with like-minded people. I never quit in weeks to go play DOA, Marvel or IJ like so many gamer tags and forum accounts I could think of.

8. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I would like for you to link to me the post where I ever complained about Sarah being 'low tier' or being below large gap. Not to mention that my only other secondary is 'bottom-tier' Aoi.

Good players blame themselves for their losses and not their character. They may whine and moan for a little bit, but after a loss their finger eventually points back to themselves. And if their character REALLY IS that bad (which unless you play mahvel or sf, you cant say that), good players will simply switch characters instead of staying in the comfort zone of the losing/complain about tiers cycle.

Heikou, Elite and Ellis like this.
  9. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    You make it seem like you somehow have to abstain from playing online if you want to play offline, which doesn't make sense.

I play Blaze too, he gets combo'd harder than Pai does. I don't give a fuck.

I don't see how it's somehow 'wrong' to play something else when you feel like playing something else, which is how I see you portraying it from time to time. Regardless, my point in the previous post is that offline vf is simply the way the game was meant to play. This doesn't mean you get coolguystatus when you come to offline meetings, it means it's more fun to play vf offline, which in the end is the reason we all play, right?

Like I said before: it's fun, you should come play some time. The way we've set it up in europe is awesome since we get to play vf and see a new city with each event. It's fun combined with more fun! /end promotalk

MadeManG74, MarlyJay and BLACKSTAR like this.
  10. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Bryan Cranston has something that will help with your butthurt @Pai~Chun
    Now SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Adults are talking.

11. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    It does look fun, I don't deny it, but it also costs hundreds of pounds and not everyone is able to take days out from being on work call or family stuff.
    There's some low points sure, but I generally have a lot of fun playing online, and went out of my way to get everything set up well for this and then network the tags (which is essential on Xbox at least).
    I use plenty of other chars too, something you can't really do at a real word tournament.Trust me on this, perspective on the whole game changes quite dramatically when you go from using Pai for hundreds of matches, then mess about with Taka's throws, or Lion's lows! ;)

12. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    lol, Shiny, what have you done...? Expert timing! :oops:

13. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    You're talking to a brick wall here...
    Dude doesn't know how to escape ground throws or play basic defense beside holding G and 2G not to mention super-extra-advance-stuff like fuzzy guarding and canceling evades
    And you're talking with him about tiers no need to waste your time

BLACKSTAR and Pai~Chun like this.
  14. ShinyBrentford

Look out everybody! It's drunken Goh! Hides your wives! He's graping everybody are here.

cmase1989 and BBountyHuntyr like this.
  15. ShinyBrentford

and don't forget about the first sega cup or RAW. @Pai~Chun all your known for is dodging, shoutbox whore, and cheerleading. Even the Euro players you praise so much say your a joke. The question that @BLACKSTAR brought up is "WHO ARE YOU?"

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  16. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Your 'perspective' only changes in this way only if you're overly dependent on your characters' good (braindead) moves (which, tbh, is what scrubby players do), rather than relying on your VF fundamentals (with character good moves as bonus).

Darksoul173 likes this.
  17. ShinyBrentford

Those moves are only good for one thing. Scrub busting. Any VF player with half a brain would read the scrub busting patterns and setup a Counter attack for huge damage. Which will lead to two things the scrub buster will play vf and will start respecting you or they are going to keep throwing out gimmicks to which you keep doing the same setup for damage.

18. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Good play there shiny, and nice beard.

ShinyBrentford likes this.
  19. ShinyBrentford

I know this has nothing to do with the Thread, but I was asked what I did so......

DK likes this.
  20. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Wow...no one mentioned jacky's bil jae(6p+k). This move has good range,comes out at 14 frames,is +12 on normal hit +17 counter hit, and is only -2 on block. Very good move.

Jacko likes this.