1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Unthrowable during some throw ?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Cnul, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Cnul

Cnul Well-Known Member

Hi i was reading some change logs of characters posted by akai and sometimes i noticed this :

For Pai
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(opponent crouching)[2][P][+][G]- Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.

(opponent crouching)[3][P][+][G]- Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.</div></div>

For Eileen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[6][P][+][G][6] - Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.

[6][P][+][G][2]or[8] - Cannot be thrown time was adjusted.</div></div>

Maybe for others characters too

What is the purpose ? Did i missed something ?
    In training mode i tried to counter some throw with my own throw and i succeed to beat Wolf [9][P][+][G] and also [6][6][P][+][G]

Maybe in those case it's just something about the startup but i always wait to do my throw after Wolf started his

edit : ok those example from the changes log are after a succes throw. To prevent doing an other throw just after. Didn't understand it this way first xD

But i keep wondering why i beat some throw of Wolf. Maybe the startup [​IMG]

2. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Wolf's [9][P][+][G] and [6][6][P][+][G] are catch throws. Catch throws will always lose to a normal throw.

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I think the data you have found is referred about the non throwable status AFTER you do those throws, since they don't knock down your opponend but gives you some advantage. Same for the switching side throw of shun

4. Cnul

Cnul Well-Known Member

Thanks guys that make sens now !