1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Using slide

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by shinryu_returns, Jul 9, 2012.

1. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    You are very welcome! [​IMG]

2. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I've actually been getting some good use out of that against some really solid players. People don't seem to tech very much after the FS2K hits. Can't seem to get the FL 9K+G> P+G hit throw to work online. Should I hit P+G earlier or later to get it working online?

We need to have a Sarah room on PSN sometime soon [​IMG]

3. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

You may have better luck if you try 3K+G rather than 9K+G... [​IMG]

Honestly though, earlier would be the way to go. How much may vary of course, take a guess and hope for the best!

4. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    haha yeah my bad on that, i'll try earlier.

5. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

This works off of a CH [2][K][+][G] or BS [2][K]

This setup works on Eileen pretty easily if you know your opponent is going to techroll and block low. Its meaty so you can't attack or evade. Against other characters, you can adjust the combo so that youll have enough time to get a FS [K] in. So instead go for [1][K][+][G][K] > [P].

The problem I see is this setup can be very predictable, and also the opponent HAS to guess FS [2][K] is going to come. That move is very punishable at -18, so overall the whole setup is high risk, high reward. At the least, you'll always get push the opponent to the wall. I wish she had a safe, linear low from FS, or if FS could be canceled early.

Overall she has cheaper, safer, and more reliable ukemi setups that dont involve FS. Although, there are other interesting applications to FS and BS

ToyDingo likes this.
  6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

This one works only if the opponent rolls towards your back (After the [6][K][P]). There's other ways to set it up to get any tech roll though.

So setup dependent, once the opponent rolls, there's literally no way out. Grimey! With practice, this move can become a key killer for Sarah's arsenal.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If the stance can't deal with attack spam then it's just bad, I'm afraid.

8. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    this one works on most weight classes with the same timing.

Counter hit [3][P][+][K] FS [P][P], [6][K][P] into FS [2][K][K][P][+][G]