1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Utah Ogden area and rounabouts New Start.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by THE_WALL, Sep 12, 2009.

1. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

This area is booming for fighting games. At my last gathering we had 7 to 8 people over to play VF 5. Were about a 4th the size of Salt Lake City. We also need some of the VF vets to show up like:

MechaShiva X
    Invincible Swordsman(as known on SRK).
    DarkCatalyst aka Neobeast

The next gatheirng wil be on the 24th of september from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. so post up and lets work on getting a good showing. If we work at it we could get up to 12 or more people for the game. Post up and show interest if you want to come and play. There will be other games but a TV will be reserved for VF 5.

We can make this happen we can defy the odds and have a healthy VF 5 community!!! Any other Utah area's are more than welcome to show up as well!!!

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Go go go! So good to see you doing this. I hope you see many players as often as possible.

3. Neobeast

Neobeast Well-Known Member

Okay Wall, you gotta keep these guys playing, I'll run a VF5 tourney up here in Logan on 11/14. Might even add it to some of the earlier Logan biweeklys if people show up. I have no problem running VF5 if people want to show up for it.

We've also got Tony (decent but very raw Pai player) back for the school year, but it seems he's taking off for Seattle afterward.

4. MechaShiva

MechaShiva Well-Known Member

Had a good time last night, going to dust off my sticks and get back into practice again. Maybe I'll pick a new character to pick up, that seems to get the juices flowing.

Anyway, next week for sure lets get some games in, let me know what works for you

5. THE_WALL

Sorry I didn't reply need to get new computer or fix the old one call me when youre up for games. Need to get kc and a friend by the name of ernie coming to vfdc.

6. THE_WALL

I'll be holding a fighting game tourney next week for various fighters. Would like to hold a vf tourney and would like to get 8 people we need to break the stereotype that people don't play this game need at least 8 people for tournament play so if you have never shown post on the thread. We have had as many as 8 to 9 for vf just never for a tourney. It will be next thursday the 14th from 6 to 10 so post up if u are interested. There will be plenty of drinks and snacks.

7. Neobeast

Alright, I'm ready to reactivate! Life kinda sucked there for awhile, but now I've got enough free time to focus on VF and a nice apartment for occasional gatherings.

Let's get something going.

8. THE_WALL

I'll be doin somethin next thur or fri just gotta figure out what's best. out of all the people that come over there are 7 that can play vf: me, cody, ernie, kc, my cousin seth, nate, and of course brody. It kind of depends who shows up. If u were to come down what day would be best and who could u bring. If u have recording gear that would be cool to bring as well.

9. Neobeast

Dave works Thursday nights now, so we'd have to leave by around 8 or 9 if we showed up that night. Friday, he and I are both off. Tony MIGHT be available some Friday nights, too.

I don't know Seth or KC, they any good?

Looks like we have a really strong foundation built for UTVF.

10. THE_WALL

I would have to say that KC is better. He is a very grappler minded player with what ever game he plays, he plays jeffrey in vf. My cousin seth is alright He plays some eileen or some shun.

11. Neobeast

Another Jeffry...

._.

12. THE_WALL

He's got an allright Jeffrey not as good as brodies though. Last time I played brodies Jeffrey it was like ouch.

13. THE_WALL

Oh yeah I actually might be shooting for a Saturday casuals next week i'll let u know as things happen.

14. pointers

pointers Member

any dudes in orem, provo area plays vf5 still?

15. THE_WALL

After going to San Fran and playing the new VF I'd like to get some casuals going and talk to everyone about the new VF and the new system changes. I used to hold casuals for the mainstream fighters and I still will but I wan't to hold sessions where all we play is VF.

I need feedback on what works best for the people. I will try to get a hold of some of the other players and get something started. I'm thinking of a bi weekly basis, but let me know I'll also see if any srk peeps are interested in this.

16. pointers

pointers Member

Not to be a dick but I prefer a gathering where we play VF only or at least we play VF first, so I can leave when we are done with VF, other fighting games doesn't make sense to me, and I can't get into them.

17. THE_WALL

We can do VF only casuals that works for me. I like putting focus on Pure VF casuals. If you know any one else out there thats up for some games lets get this thing going before the new game comes out that way we will be ready for it. What day would work best for you for casuals, let me know and we'll go from there.

18. pointers

pointers Member

I would have ample amount of time if we do it on friday or on the weekend. on weekdays it is always sketchy because i need to factor in my work schedule and my school work plus the drive to Ogden and back. Monday is a no, class till 6:30pm, If we want to start the thing in the early afternoon say after 2:00pm or 3:00pm, friday is the best, if we want to start later in the evening I think thursday would work most of the time. On the weekend anytime is fine i guess.
    I would want to find somebody else who also plays around here, but I don't know how to find these guys if they are out there. Maybe make a bulletin post in school? lol

19. THE_WALL

I'm thinking next Saturday. If I remeber right are plant is being fumigated next weekend. I'll check with them first and get back with you. If thats the case I think we could start around 1 or 2. Hopefully I'll have the video by then and we can have that play on a side T.V.

20. THE_WALL

I'm thinking of doing the VF casuals when the video gets here, that way it would make your trip more worth while. I don't have the video yet but if I get it by Friday its on for Saturday. If I get it I'll try to let as many people know as possible. If I get the vid I'll probably host casuals at 2:00.