1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown ver. A Location Test News

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Location test starting today, April 1st, and running until the 11th at Ikebukuro GIGO, Club Sega Akihabara and Club Sega Shinjuku West Exit. As always, once the location test ends, version A will continue to be in operation at the Shinjuku location until the official release. And as always, Sega fucks Kansai over with absolutely zero location tests. Unfortunately since I’m in the Kansai area, I can’t go to the location test, but I will update once I hear news of any changes.

VF.net Updates
    VF.net, Sega’s paid subscription service for Virtua Fighter 5 has also added a bunch of new options for the match video replay service. These options will only be available for version A videos so you cannot use them for older videos.

VF.net PC version
    - Evade display (shows which way you should evade an attack)

- Tech roll / Counter display (shows when you land a counterhit, and if an attack can be tech rolled)

- MP4 format conversion. Subscribers can now select between WMV and MP4 formats for their videos. YES.

VF.net i-mode cellphone version
    - Evade display (shows which way you should evade an attack)

System Updates
    - Yutori throw escapes are still in the game.

- During Knockout Trial (single player mode), by holding down Start either left or right, you can set the difficulty of the CPU. You can choose between Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Expert mode. Raising the difficulty of the mode will increase your chances of getting the rare gold orbs.

- As stated before, you can no longer bound twice in a combo with the same move. You can still do big bound into little bound, but doing two big bounds (where they spring up to their feet) is not possible. However, for characters that have more than one move that produces a big bound (Jean and Jeffry) you can apparently do a big bound twice. Eep.

- The super OM bug (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsX5-VY4iRg) is no longer possible.

- Console release in August for PS3 and 360.

- You can no longer connect a throw immediately after a throw. i.e. Shun cannot do his position exchange throw into back throw, and Wolf can't do it either.

- You can no longer perform a "slow" tech roll after getting knocked down from attacks like sweeps.

- It is apparently much more difficult to recover from a stagger after you're hit out of your backdash.

Character specific info
    Shun
    Can no longer do position exchange into back throw for guaranteed damage and drinks.
    Chowan is special mid now

Lion
    P+K Guard break from f+P+K+G now guarantees a frame advantage of +15 or so, you can't struggle out of it (similar to what they did with Akira and Lau's guard breaks). If the attack hits an opponent they go flying.

D_f+P+K on counterhit crumples

Akira
    d+K+G, P in combos refloats higher than before, making it easier to combo.
    Seems to have stayed the same, so he'll still be god tier.

Lau
    Weakened a bit, the same as Shun, but they're still powerful characters.

Taka
    b+P+K+, P is easier to hit confirm now. Before if you did the latest possible delay the second hit wouldn't connect but now it does.

d/f, d/f+P+K now floats and refloats higher.

d_u+K+G can no longer be blocked high (back to 5R status, YES.)

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Looking forward to anything you find out Reno : )

3. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Tell me if the game comes with a Juicy love port.

4. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I eagerly await news and info on Dural if she is indeed playable.

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I know it's April fools day and all, but this is not funny! [​IMG]

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Lau is dead yo!

Don't know if it was the cancer that killed him or the fact that Pai had become romantically entangled with the devil shark.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Remember Sega's April Fools joke from last year?

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

The real april fools joke was that sega would put time into programming and editing a mock video like this but they dont give any of the foreign fans the time of day. [​IMG]

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

That's true [​IMG]

10. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

What are Yutori throw escapes? The Multi throw bug thing that was mentioned long ago? How exactly does that work?

Or is it the easy throw escape that can be held during guard?

11. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    the easy throw escape that can be held during guard

question answered

12. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

It is cruel :'(

13. MAtteoJHDY