1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Command List

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2007.

1. flatlinerz

flatlinerz Member

also how to you do that somersault kick?

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    She doesn't have a somersault kick. You either mean a different move or are talking about a different character.

Rather than asking how to do individual moves, try going through the command training. A few runs through it should make you familiar with what moves Vanessa has.

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    What Marlyjay said ; that said, i'm guessing you're referring to her Intruder Step [K] from Offensive Style. Technically a Mid Double Kick (MDK) not a sommersault (SM).

Using that move is kinda tricky because you have to go through (at least) two different moves being able to execute it.

First, in order to do the intruder step you first have to cancel one of the following moves by pressing [6]:

OS [4][K][6]
    OS [3][K],[K][6]
    OS [3][K],[P],[K][6]
    OS [1][P][+][K],[K][6]

Then, while vanessa is performing the Intruder Step you have almost half a second to input [K] in order to get the "Rolling Toe Kick" somersault-looking move you're referring to.

So basically in order to successfully use that move you either (i) need to condition your opponent to freeze while you're going through these different animations, or (ii) you have to use it while your opponent is getting up.

If you manage to actually land a hit on your opponent you'll get a stagger. I've seen other players go for various followups to the stagger but, IMHO, by far the most reliable followup is [3][K],[P],[P],[P][K][G]. It's fast, has nice reach so it almost always connects, carries the opponent a decent distance, does decent damage (practically half a bar with the initial hit, more with a wall), and the last two hits are safe and mid just in case your opponent managed to unstagger fast enough to block the first hit.

Other possible followups to the stagger:
    [6][6][K][8]/[2][K] > float (16f exe, so same speed if buffered properly, better range, hard to hitcheck and buffer at the same time though)
    [P][+][K],[P][K][G] > float (1 frame slower, more opponents might actually block this; the followup is high but leaves vanesa at +1f on block though)
    [P][K] > mixup (11f, use if opponent is good at unstaggering)
    dash > throw (use if opponent is REALLY good at unstaggering)

I'm sure other vanessa players have their own favourite followups. Maybe [3][3][5][K] crumples against a staggered opponent?

As an aside, it would be nice to have a thread for recommended stagger followups/stagger mixups, we should try creating one when VF5FS hits :)

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. flatlinerz

flatlinerz Member

thanks erdraug that was the one....I have pulled it off a few times with great success....still learning with Vanessa

5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    NP. Just a heads up: if you're practicing for VF4FS, please note that all Switch Back Blow and Switch Knee Lifts were removed. So don't get too used to switching a lot between stances.

Also, I see you're from Australia - IIRC AlexMD is also a Vanessa player, you should probably contact him.

6. flatlinerz

flatlinerz Member

ah really no knee lifts in FS....damn one of my favorite combos!

thanks I will check him out

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I apologize for the necro post but I am currently cleaning up at my place and I run into a printed VF4evo command list for vane. I just logged in online to check if it's still available (before I toss the printed version to the recycle bin). It indeed is, thanks to your efforts. While I was making sure the two versions were identical, I run again into this typo that apparently has persisted for over 10 years: OS 2KPP and 6KKPP are still indicated as "Head over Heals" instead of "Head over Heels.

BTW if you're a timetraveller from the year 2026 you should really appreciate Myke's efforts into splitting the command lists into separate tabs, particularly for vaneessa - her VF4evo command list has 10 tabs; her VF5FS 17!

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Both typos corrected.

Thanks!

Chefboy_OB and erdraug like this.