1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Akira - Overpowered??

Discussion in 'General' started by Junsuina Chikara, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

As someone said earlier here or in the shoutbox, there is stil the 6kp alternative for good damage on LW and ok damage on others, so it's not that much knee or nothing. But this should weight in the balance of people saying Akira is easy to play (you get less damage if you don't do the hard stuff).

I must say that kindah almost all the people saying he is "silly op easy blahblah" that often share the same traits:
    -you never see them play Akira
    -they have never tried to win a tourney with him with good players in it
    -if you see them play Akira, they will not do the "hard stuff that is not that hard but is op"

Citrus, Zekiel, MadeManG74 and 2 others like this.
  2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, ham is served!
    Itadakimasu!!

VFhayato and Rodnutz like this.
  3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to seeing you White Boy!

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    I was under the impression that 33 inputs always added 1frame to exe., I think i was mistaken , but do all 2_3 inputs add 1frame unless already crouching? I know for fact that kage 2_3 p (yougeki) is 15frame but cant punish high recovery unless at 16, and can only punish 15 from low recovery. (not that yougeki should be used for punish)

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

2_3 moves always add a frame when done from standing because you need that frame to get crouching (those are basically "from crouch" moves).

Moves with a dash input like 66, 33 or 44 can be done with no added dashframe.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    In vanilla 33 inputs always added a frame, but they changed this.

It takes a frame to become crouching from standing so you can do from crouching moves but it's no longer quite the same thing.

7. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Those are quite obvious.
    The hard stuff (that they don't use) is now in fact noob stuff that any beginner can pull out, since they supposedly made him way easier than in vanilla vf...

8. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

All credibility lost.. I'm by far is not a noob and some of Akira damaging bob combos are strict and difficult to do without days to weeks practice.. You kicking some bullshit.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  9. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Your kinda preaching to choir there, dude. That's pretty obvious sarcasm.

10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Did I sound good?

11. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Oh maybe that wasn't clear, I was pointing out that funny talk about Akira being a noob character since Final Showdown.

MadeManG74 and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.