1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Command/Frame Data Android Apps

Discussion in 'Store' started by Zero-chan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Since I'm sure a lot of folks here have smartphones, I wanted to highlight a series of Android apps made by ks_by_ks. I posted this on Twitter last night but it's pretty rad so I'm reposting here for everyone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/devel...3Quc2FyYWgiXQ..

These free apps show commands, frames, and special notes/properties for moves with a nice lookup feature. They're currently only in Japanese, but should still be useful for interested players. ks_by_ks mentioned that an English version could happen, but the focus now is on getting command lists done for the remaining characters.

As of right now, the unavailable characters are Shun, Lion, Kage, Aoi, Jeff, Vane, Brad, and Eileen. Shun is apparently in the works as we speak!

2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    No plans to port this to iOS? I don't own an android phone

3. Hyunster

Hyunster Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound like I am actually volunteering for this, but I am able to port this to iOS. The problem is that I can't publish it, as my company has the publisher's license but not me.

If there is enough demand and people willing to pay for the iOS version, I could justify paying a license fee to publish this. (But then again, you may just wait to see if this guy ports it himself.)

P.S Also, if I can obtain the source codes to his Android Apps I should be able to make an English version out of this. That should cost no money for me unlike the iOS version.

4. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
  5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Is it a full list? I can only see some commends and doesn't know where I can page up or down.

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I want and iOS version badly.

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Got it Best App Ever!

8. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    I just downloaded the ones currently available over to my Sony Ericsson Xperia 10i. So far they are working perfectly.

The properties of the moves are listed in the following order:

Command - Lvl - Exe - Dmg - Grd - Hit - CH - Esc - Notes

The app lists P, K, P+K, K+G, P+K+G moves separately and you need to press the menu button to choose which category to display. There's an "Other" category which lists, for instance, moves within Throws and Character Specific Stances (For Wolf: Deadly Move, Catch & Change moves, as well as Neck and Leg Clutch moves.

With Sarah, the "Other" category lists her Throws, her moves out of Flamingo, moves out of Front Step and Back Step, and moves out of her Step moves.

This is truly a handy app which is a must-download for anybody, even if it's only in Japanese so far.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    OK, so something I had in the works was an official VFDC Command List app for both devices. If people are OK to hang on a little longer I can announce more news on this soon.

It'll have the same look and feel as the Command Lists here on VFDC and similar feature set, and way sexier looking than that android app.

Just sayin' [​IMG]

10. Hyunster

That's a great news. I heard from another person interested in working on apps, but the official VFDC one could prevent duplicated efforts.

11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Maybe it is about time for me to invest on one of these gadgets. [​IMG]

12. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I'll wait, but if this happens I'll blow you myself... Just saying!

13. Hyunster

Hey Rodney, I thought you wanted me to be your sugardaddy. Now I am feeling jealous. Just saying.

14. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Well I don't mind being a whore if you are fine with that? I won't talk about my time with Myke if you promise to do the same. Since he lives so far away it should be really easy for us to have a fully functional relationship without any surprise visits lol

15. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic idea! Maybe it could include other VFDC features such as the shoutbox and forums. Just spitballin' here.

I'd gladly pay for an app like that. It would also be really handy if it worked on my kindle fire. Ipad and android tablet users would certainly appreciate the resolution bump!

16. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Hey Myke,

I know you plan to offer this App free, but like most Apps in either marketplace you could probably go the $0.99 route. This App could be a good alternative as opposed to the Google Ads currently running to generating some cash for VFDC. I know everyone here would be more than happy to purchase the App and I'm sure as new players emerge they would gladly do the same.

Just food for thought.....

17. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Offer it free with ads and paid for no ads and to support VFDC. I'd gladly donate a little for such an app.

18. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    A free app with google ads and a paid version which is ad free is how most of my apps work. I think that would work for this.

19. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Is this done yet? I'd like it to be done now.

Also a free ad driven version and a paid ad free version should keep everyone happy. I will support the pay version.

My android tablet would love to beta test it [​IMG]

20. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

what a dumb way to release frame data.

all you need is a fucking word document.