1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown comes to PS4... by way of Yakuza 6.

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Sep 6, 2016.

By oneida on Sep 6, 2016 at 9:54 AM
  1. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be playable in the Yakuza 6 on PlayStation 4. There is a two-player mode, too!

vf5fs-yakuza-6.jpg

News via gematsu:

Live Chat

A new play spot available in the Internet Cafe. By carrying out precise button presses in response to your conversation with the web girl, the conversation will get more and more exciting.

Cabaret Club

The Cabaret Club of Yakuza 6 has evolved into a strategic card game where you proceed with conversation using 83 types of topic cards. If you get the girl excited enough, in the end, you can of course…

Basic Play Spots Have Also Been Enhanced

• Karaoke
    • Darts
    • Mahjong
    • Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown – You can now play the latest version of Virtual Fighter 5 on PlayStation 4. There is a two-player mode, too.
    • Puyo Puyo – This also has a two-player mode.
    • Batting Center
    • Sega Retro Arcade Games – Outrun, Super Hang-On, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone.

More (well, not much) at the link.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by oneida, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Tricky
      Tricky
      I want to beat someone so bad that the 0 HP leads to a curb stomping seizure. On second thought. . . that sounds sadistic as hell.
    2. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      On the topic of Yakuza itself, anyone else disappointed with Yakuza 4 and 5?

I really disliked the multiple character thing, and Yakuza 5 in particular felt far too easy to be any fun in terms of the fights.
      It's a really good series, but I couldn't be bothered finishing 5 once I hit Haruka's forced rhythm game section.

Yakuza Zero, Kiwami and 6 look better, even if it's just the focus on one character again (or two in the case of Zero).
    3. Makusensu
      Makusensu
      I really liked 5, it's my favorites with 1 and Zero (80's ftw). But I'm mixed with Kiwami, I found it less dark than the original one, don't know why, maybe because the game is modern. Still a good remake.
      Can't wait for 6 and the end of the story ofc :)
    4. dnikoles
      dnikoles
      better than nothing......
    5. dnikoles
      dnikoles
      and i hope yakuza 6 released overseas this december or early 2017 and not after 1 or years like the previous yakuza games ....and i read that vf5fs will have also online game which is cool at least we can play it on ps4 ....
    6. oneida
      oneida
      no chance yakuza 6 is coming that early
      it's not even out in Japan until December
      and we're getting yakuza 0 in January
    7. Jason Elbow
      Jason Elbow
      Yes! Give us that live shit the japanese got!
    8. ImmaWaalrus
      ImmaWaalrus
      My question is, will VF5:FS on PS4/XOne be playable with each other (PS4 and PS3 together as well as XOne with 360)?
    9. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      No.
    10. Makusensu
      Makusensu
      From a friend who were in a dedication/demo session this week in a little Tokyo store, he could speak a little with a guy from he dev team.

From his opinion, RYu 6 in west is highly likely, but Kiwami will not.

And the most important part for people here, I suppose, he asked if maybe he know something about VF6.
      He said we should not wait too much for it. It will probably make it some day, but today fighting games are in loss.
      I suppose SFV sales probably not help either.

At least with some chance we will have standalone version of FS on PS4 with online now that the game is ported...
      Kruza and Myke like this.
    11. masterpo
      masterpo
      been playing VF5FS in Yakuza 6, plays fine to me, but then again I'm a rookie.

Since it has been ported to the PS4 how far off would it be just to port VF5FS the full game to current gen? Even if there's never a VF6?
    12. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I can't imagine it's a lot of work, but who knows. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already considering how soon VF2 came out on the consoles stand-alone after Yakuza 5.
    13. masterpo
      masterpo
      Could it be some other contractual issue with other components of VF that Sega doesn't own?
    14. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I don't think so, because then they wouldn't be able to do it in the Yakuza games either. Besides, I can't think of a single thing that Sega wouldn't own.