1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Lindbergh gives DHCP Wait and will not boot the game, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by gamemaster14, Apr 5, 2016.

1. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    I recently acquired a Lindbergh Yellow with Multikit installed. It has Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Version 2.00 installed but the problem is, when you go to run that game it displays DHCP WAIT... and just stays at that screen and will not do anything else. The menu of the multikit says Lindbergh 4.50 Multigame Winter 2015.

When I run Virtua Fighter 5 Version C it gives me the same message but gives the option of pressing the service button to skip it and goes right into the game but VF5FS give no such option. I had it running for an hour and a half last night and it just stayed on that screen.

The instruction sheet for the multikit says not to change the Network setting for VF5FS which I did not do but I have a feeling that the settings for the games are not being saved as when I played a game this morning that I played yesterday I had to change the settings again.

Anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
  3. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

You can try updating your version of multiboot to 9.5. You can get it from the guy who sold you the board. Also try changing the setting in the in game test menu. Each game has its own built in test menu, load up R or even vanilla5 and get in the test menu for those games. Copy the setting so you can compare what's missing in FS.

4. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    Seller messaged me back and told me the dhcp settings to put in, said he may have forgot to do it, I will give it a try when I get home today. Unfortunately this version of the Multiboot does not have Virtua Fighter 5 R in it. Hopefully this works.

5. cruzlink2

My hard disk has the latest version of multiboot . If you like we can arrange for you to send me a harddrive and I would make you a copy of mines. I have all of the VFs including R. Remember R version B and vanilla 5 D were never dumped.

wc1459 likes this.
  6. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    Would it be able to use the same security chip and cf card or would I need a different set?

I would love the have the chance to play all of the revisions, just like with my Naomi 2 and VF4 where I have multiple versions.

What kind of hard drive would be needed, what size, would it be ide?

Has Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Version B ever been dumped?

7. cruzlink2

Not that I know of. Version B has no real changes to gameplay. All it did was take down VFnet. The hard drive should be at least 100gigabytes also you might as well opt for an ssd, they are faster and less prone to failures. The key used for the multiboot seems to be the same as far as I know.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    I will see if I have a spare 100gb ide drive around, would it be possible for me to clone it to an ssd at a later date with a program like acronis?

It would be an ide hdd right?

9. cruzlink2

Nope it is a sata hardrive and yea the drive is clonable I've done twice already. One thing I am not sure of is the compact flash card, cause that's where the other files reside on the multiboot. So even if I clone my hdd for ya it might not work cause of the flash card. But its worth a try since my hard drive has all the games. Remember certain versions of the game have not been dumped, for example vanilla 5 rev D, and R B andC. To be honest I only know of one person who might have this but he is in japan. The problem is some revisions were online updates for The games, meaning they had no disk form. That might be the reason they were not dumped. As for final showdown Rev B there is no game changes there so you're not missing much.

10. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    Unfortunately I am being told that the Version 9.5 uses a completely different cf card image which is encrypted so I would need to get a new cf card in order for the hdd to work.

11. cruzlink2

Ok at least you can get the games. Ask if you could use the games from that particular image. Games reside in the hdd.

12. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    From what I understand, I would need the creator of the multikit I have to augment the image on the hard drive so it will have the multiboot option for the new games. Of course I have no clue who creates this particular multikit.

Do you know the best place that I could get an upgraded multi kit with Virtua Fighter 5 R?

Also, Would you happen to know what Virtua Fighter 5 Revision DVP-0008A is? I have the disc and key set but have found no information on this particular piece of software for the system and since I only have the multikit cf card and hard drive I have no way to install it on my Lindbergh to find out, Unless you know of a way without messing up the multikit?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  13. cruzlink2

The only thing I can think of is putting you on to the guy I bought my kit from. Maybe he's willing to sell you a compact flash card and a hard drive with the games. That way you can swap your card and the hdd effectively converting your kit to his version of multiboot. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you his contact info.

14. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

PM me his contact info too.

15. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    Sure I am interested.