1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown online casuals tournament (PSN)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by InnerSanctum Games, Aug 27, 2013.

1. InnerSanctum Games

InnerSanctum Games Well-Known Member

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm
    Please visit us at:

http://www.innersanctumgames.net/#!contact-us/c21nl

to register for the tournament!

VIRTUA FIGHTER 5: FINAL SHOWDOWN ONLINE CASUALS TOURNAMENT (XBL AND PSN).

Due to quite a few suggestions and tweaks, I present to you the Version 2 of the XBL SIDE of the tournament (PSN Version is still in the works, but it will look fairly similar). Version 3 of the announcement currently under construction, and will be released shortly (that will be the final version of the announcement, and will contain all the refinements and regional bouts). Please view the files I have shared with you from my SkyDrive cloud storage. I have also attached the player stats card I spoke of in the version 2 of the tournament announcement. By the way, I've added the VFDC logo ;) and I think it looks much better now ;)

1) Player Stats Card Version 1.1:

http://sdrv.ms/1ekE24z

2) Tournament announcement XBL Version 2.1 :

http://sdrv.ms/1ekCSpB

When you register, please provide the following:

1) XBL gamertag or PSN I.D.

2) Location.

3) Character you will be using.

4) Email address.

5) **Background Image suggestion**: You can suggest a background image you would like for the " Introduction to the contestants " Video. If there is any information you want added to your intro as well, please let me know. If you already have an image you would like to be added (Only high resolution images are allowed), You can send that image to me at

TOURNAMENT VIDEOS

Here's what I have planned for tournament videos:

1) Introducing the Contestants: A video introducing all applicants and their fighters. I can add special backgrounds to your intro if you wish. If not

2) Tournament Highlights showing the best fights and moments of the tournament. This will also introduce the tournament stats cards as well

3) The full event: A video showing all the fights. Sort of like a long play.

4) The Conqueror: Video detailing the winner of the tournament and all his best moments. This will be a special video made only for the winner and the spotlight will be on him/her.

The sequence the videos will be released is: 1,4,2,3

These video will be available on the InnerSanctum Games YouTube Channel

RECORDING AND EDITING EQUIPMENT

Here's what I will be using to retroactively record the videos and edit them (BTW I have a 1TB local drive for the video dumps):

1) Editing Software:

http://sdrv.ms/16mleMo

2) Video Capture:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Capt...TF8&colid=1KHC2G3HCWBK8&coliid=I32D23PCU246P5

The reason I am recording retroactively is simply because the video capture equipment will have not arrived by the tournament date.

PRIZES

I initially planned for prizes to be available, but after much deliberation, prizes have been cancelled. Please read the rest of this thread for a better understanding as to why. This will be a straight up brawling tournament, and prizes may be offered in future tournaments. Seeing as this is my first tournament, I just feel as though I should start off on a man to man, fist to fist, skill for skill basis :cool:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via the contact us section of our website, or through VFDC.

Look forward to your applications!

@Craigbot

For more on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, visit: http://www.sega.co.uk/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown.aspx

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    So does this apply to only European players?

3. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

No Sir! Everyone is invited!!! It doesn't matter where in the world you are!

:p Good internet connection is required though lol

4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    My main concern was that. Hopefully it won't lag. Psn VF is notorious for disconnecting matches.

5. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

I agree with you there. Considering your feedback, I am considering having it on XBL. The only thing I was avoiding is having to pay for a GOLD account (which not everyone might have).

But your suggestion has been taken on board!

If you want to sign up, Just provide your PSN and XBLIVE Handles via our site, So I can put you on the list.

It will be lots of fun, and I know I will get kicked around the place like a piece of bread lol

6. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    sounds great but if I could make one suggestion, Since lag is a huge factor and this site is pretty international, I would recommend specifying your region and maybe limiting entrants at least to that side of the world.

online will never be perfect but having north american players fighting european players would be ugly online in most cases.

InnerSanctum Games likes this.
  7. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Brilliant suggestion. Someone suggested that I host it on XBL as opposed to PSN. But your suggestion is good and I will update it right away.

It's a shame though, as I would have loved to see people from around the world battle it out till the last minute. Stupid lag eh ? :(

8. WiZzYx

WiZzYx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WiZzYx3DG
    XBL:
    WiZzYx3DG
    And between south & north american players??? I prefer PSN. It's really weird, but i have significantly less lag in PSN...

9. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

What I will do is suggest you still apply, provide both your PSN and XBL handles, and what we could do is have a series of test matches to determine which connection would be best for the tournament ?

10. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Sign me up. Where do i sign up?

11. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm
  12. SNAKE BOSS

13. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm
    Nothing else at the moment, If you win, I will need a postal address to post the PS VITA to you! (Or GTA 5 for which ever system you prefer), or the PSN voucher/Card. I am presently torn btwn PSN and XBOX LIVE :-(

14. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Oh and have you got an XBOX live Handle ?

15. SNAKE BOSS

I dont play vf on xbox 360, and if i win only then I have to provide my mail info right? Not before.

16. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Yes Sir!!!!!

Believe me, I am rusty, Just make sure you don't whoop me too bad because the matches are recorded and will be published on our website!! :p

Thanks

17. SNAKE BOSS

If you do it on psn then I am in and I dont care about who wins or loses, I am entering to play for fun and support vf. So let me know when this thing is going down.

18. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Me too!

I love VF so much and it upsets me that due to development of my project, I have not touched this game for a while. This to me will be a welcome break and a chance to see If I still have the skills running through my veins!

I will add you and update this thread once the details are finalized.

Thanks so much for your interest!

19. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

Do you HAVE to be 18 or older? I don't want to miss this tournament because i'm too young.

20. InnerSanctum Games

PSN:
    projectaella
    XBL:
    InnerSanctumgm

Hmmmm . . . . I suppose the age thing was me just being weird. You know what ? You can sign up! Your age does not equal your skills. If you are good, then you are good!!

The only reason I suggested 18 is due to the GTA 5 prize. However if you come 2nd, then it means I will ask you to select a different game of your choice ?

That sounds pretty reasonable actually! :)