1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    lol Yeah, that's true. That's why I said "highly-situational", as it's definitely not likely going to occur, but it is still possible...barely.

About VF playing too nice, I think Akira and Jacky would object to that...With those two "certain" moves from them on counter-hit that strike fear into the hearts of men! lol

Well, given that Sega helped them get the arcade-version of DOA5U going, this isn't too surprising...Not only that, but Sega has been there for DOA since the very beginning as well...Hopefully Sega will be doing something with their own fighting game series too.

Sounds awesome! :D

2. S_KILL

S_KILL Well-Known Member

XBL:
    S KILL GR
    Yep. They are either too poor, too lazy or unwilling to give VF a new chance to shine.
    Let other companies keep VF's ghost alive.
    Namco is making a new TEKKEN
    Capcom is working on next gen graphic engine to implement on fighting games.
    Sega?... Could we at least have an VF5FS import on next gen?
    :(

P.S. Where is the new announcement?

3. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I want a Yoga fighter in VF6!

4. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    they should add guard frames to certain moves

5. Dhezz

Dhezz Member

VF6 has probably been in development since the original VF5 was released. It takes several years to make a full VF game. VF6 will co-debut with the introduction of new arcade hardware. VF5 was released in 2006; so it's about time for VF6.

Virtua Fighter is insanely popular in Japan and has been since VF2. VF5FS had 300,000 downloads in 2 weeks in Japan. Virtua Fighter is one of Sega's biggest profit generators in Japan. It isn't going anywhere.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Project Bokuho, Ellis and Shinobi like this.
  6. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    sega could probably not wait so goddamn long to actually release the console version if they're going to make getting their hardware and games so expensive/hard

7. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Well I was reading Yoshinori Ono's interview about Virtua Fighter's 20th Anniversary, and at the end he said that he can't wait to hear an announcement on VF.

8. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    I just want a VF6 announcement already >.>

9. Blessman11

Blessman11 Member

Virtua fighter is for gaming master race, its an elite club, you can't change that without breaking the game

10. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    [​IMG]

11. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

12. Kokujin

Kokujin Active Member

I think you're taking it a bit too far, but I understand what you are saying.I think VF is in a good place right now, I don't think they can streamline anything else lest they change the way the game plays.

13. Kanura

Kanura Active Member

What does bug me is the fact Team Ninja had to rip audio from VF5 instead of getting fresh audio. If AM2 were working on VF6, then obtaining new audio would surely be straightforward. (On a side note I hope AM2 listen to Helena's voice in DOA5; that's how a French character should sound like, AM2).

Sega increasingly behaves as a publisher rather than a developer, you see this how they seem to spend more time handling external IPs than their own (DOA5UA, Plants Vs Zombies in the arcade, former EA and Eidos IPS, and movie licences), and how their internal dev studios have nearly all vanished; Valkyria Chronicles fate may be the death knell of what remains of Overworks.

AM2 is pretty much all that remains of the old Sega, yet even they seem to be feeling the conservatism of the Sammy/Nagoshi regime.

I think there will be a VF6, but my worry is that AM2 will be severely restricted by Sega's tight-fistedness. One of the things that has hampered Virtua Fighter in the west is the lack of features in the game's VF5's console iterations. Aside from the wonderful customization, which I have spent hours playing with, the game is very bare bones, especially in its presentation, most apparent in the lack of character specific endings before the end credits (interestingly, an early trailer for VF5 shows short in-game cut-scenes). I suspect AM2 were not given the resources to develop much in the way of extras.

Its a sobering thought that if the Sega of today were around in the early 90s, the original Virtua Fighter would never have been made.

14. Kanura

Kanura Active Member

Visibility is a key part of keeping an IP alive; if it falls off the radar, that can kill it. In that regard, Tecmo/Team Ninja and Namco have done more than Sega. Were it not for DOA5U, Sega's silence (which itself indicates a lack of understanding of marketing and brand awareness) would have been far more damaging.

Didn't the latest arcade expos happen a few weeks back?

(BTW I do acknowledge and am pleased that VF5FS tournaments are ongoing and Sega is supporting them, so its not all bad).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  15. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I would really like a Standalone VF reboot... Fighting system somewhere between VF3 and VF4/Evo/FT

• Only chars from up to VF3 (EVery char added actually represents something about the series that has changed for the worse, IMO)
    • pared down move lists
    • Variation w/input skills for chars (like Lau was harder and more fun to play VF3 - e.g. 6p46p, 3p,0pp, p4p. 466p, 3k6pp, etc...)
    • less property moves (The combo of spamming and property moves at small disadvantage is so awful... nitaku has been replaced with shenanigans and shenanigans management... and at the same time, textbook style has been buffed up and turned into a very strong 'homostyle' [I mean homogenous and uniform, ok? no pun intended] with minimal yomi required in comparison to past entries in the series...)
    • strings nerfed to between VF3-4 level of utility
    • low punch nerfed but less essential bc of the aforementioned changes
    • Real Throw system
    • No evade cancels (or at least only w/66)
    • Backdash nerfed
    It is okay that FS exists, but I really wish that there were a real VF option.

Additionally, it would be really cool if a game could be designed with all these VF fundamentals in mind, but designed to be playable online with as much of the core dynamics in place. I wonder if we could be getting to the point where a small indie studio could create something like this.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Rodnutz likes this.
  16. partyboy32

partyboy32 Active Member

XBL:
    PARTY BOY247 69
    wing chun needs to be n there

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    Project Bokuho and ExzetyXat1 like this.
  17. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Just as Shun goes from low tier to top tier by drinking, it's time for Eileen to do the same. Give us the banana meter already! Pretty sure it's coming in VF6 tbh.

aoi ameindei likes this.
  18. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    She already had her time at the top. Let's have some time with Eileen being a balanced non ridiculous yet viable character.

Feck likes this.
  19. S_KILL

S_KILL Well-Known Member

XBL:
    S KILL GR
    So... Any real news on VF6?

20. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87