1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 6

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying all the DOA scrubs moved this to the VF6 Rumors thread. ROFL!

EvenPit and Dark Nova Void like this.
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It is as much proper definition as "mashfest" is for CERTAIN other FGs.

Modelah likes this.
  3. celsowm

celsowm Well-Known Member

Sometimes I guess that the real challenge to Sega isn't about Technical Features of Virtua Fighter 6 but how will be the best way to publish VF6 !

1. Physical Copy ?
    2. Download only ?
    3. DLCs characters like Killer Instinct ?

4. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    1. Yes please, but most likely won't happen.
    2. Probably, but we don't have the 2gb limit today fortunately.
    3. No thanks, *shudders if that would happen*, i could agree to DLC in the form of visual fluff and stuff not being gameplay based - but to focus on extra characters only gainable by DLC is not a route i'd like to see. Better focus as usual on balance of the core cast.

DurViener likes this.
  5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I would really like them to try something different with the delivery system for the game, to help make it stand out.

I still think making it free like DotA and LoL (and the upcoming Unreal Tournament) might be good. Just have most characters 'locked' or on rotation for free members, and include a 'bundle' where you basically buy the full game for everyone who just wants everything like we do. Nickel and Dime characters and costumes for the casual players who just want to goof around in single player with Jacky or something.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  6. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    yeah, it worked for DOA, so VF should use it too.

To @PReP , VF in the west has the huge problem of not enough players, right? Then the two best ways of improving VF brand recognition outside of Japan is to:

1. Make it free-to-play, like KI and DOA (two very successful F2P games)
    2. Make it available for PC

People tend to forget that FS, despite being one of the most hated in the VF series, is still one of the greatest fighting games ever made (by proxy of the VF fundamental system) and ITS $15 DOLLARS. Such a cheap price for a new full-fledge fighting game was absolutely unheard of, and SEGA made alot of positive headlines and decent profits for it. That move was honestly a half of a step away to making it a free-to-play game anyway.

1/3rd of the reason League of Legends and DoTA is huge is because of tremendous developer support. Another 1/3rd is because its on PC (every country has PCs, but not every country has consoles). The last 1/3rd is THOSE GAMES ARE FREEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOO PLLAAAAAYYYY.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Force_of_Nature, MadeManG74 and Ellis like this.
  7. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    1. I'd rather see it crowd-funded with an alright set goal price.
    since f2p is a sary tendency to an old geezer, hopefuly it won't need to happen. I'd rather they sell addons or such, it wouldn't bother those not interested in shelling out, but still i'd rather pay for silly dressing capabilities then being forced to do so to have a real experience, then i'd rather pay a sane price from the start. Subscriptions are also something i'd be against.

But 2: Yes please, console division favours no one other then the companies selling the close-in systems, no matter what one tells himself - so i'd be all for PC or multiplatform.
    And while i'd be glad for having many people playing it, i wouldn't care if it was popular or "down with the cool kids" or whatever expression, though those can sometimes be tied in together.

Hopefuly they have a budget allowing for another game without needing to resort to desperate moves, by focusing on the core arcade audience first as are their habit (i think).
    And both consoles and arcade are PC as it is now, there are no excuses - other then if say some corporation throws dollars at them for the costumer-anatomical-part-insertion-practice known as "timed exclusive" (or even real exclusive)

Bottom line, the hope is that they keep the core VF feeling intact (even though FS was a big change of that) while still trying to be inclusive enough to see benifits. They just don't need it tuned to fit every grandma and her toddlers. balance. :)

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  8. MadeManG74

There's no reason you couldn't make it so it's free to play, but fans can pay a set price to get all the content in one go. Casual fans can buy each character seperately or buy only the costumes they want for $5 a pop for example, but hardcore fans can buy the whole game (all characters, all costumes) for $40 or something.

I'm sure Sega know what they are doing. As much as we give them shit for their consumer games in the West, they are killing it in Japan with their mobile phone games and the like, so they obviously know how to do F2P and the like. I think they are also smart enough to realise that they cannot burn the good will that VF has built up over the years.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  9. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    If it was just as an alternative way, and as you say you could buy it fully as any other game aswell - in that case i wouldn't have objections though alright.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  10. MadeManG74

Just thought I'd pop in to remind everyone that Feb 13th is the JAEPO Show in Japan (trade convention for Arcade Machines)

Sega is there, and have a lineup of machines already; unlikely there will be anything VF related, but who knows.

http://am-show.sega.jp/jaepo15/

If there is anything on the horizon, more likely it'll be at the JAMMA show in September (I think?)

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    16-18 jun E3
    17-20 sep is Tokyo Games Show

12. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    CHUNITHM? Wonderland Wars? Maimai? Man, what's going on with arcade games, these days? I know that arcade games aren't as popular as they used to be, but all these new titles make me feel very sad. I miss the good old days. Oh well, I guess we won't see VF6 at this year's JAEPO Show.

13. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I love the new arcade games. My only regret is that I don't have direct access to japanese arcades. They look creative and fun. For the few times I went to the arcades in Tokyo, I was flabbergasted on just the sheer amount of...stuff that was in there.

Lights, noise, music, randomness...EVERYWHERE! For every serious fighting gamer with a scowl on his face, there were 3 schoolgirls in the corner giggling and playing some form of DDR, or some dude dressed up like his favorite character in some mech arena game. It was bonkers. And I loved it.

Stuff like JAEPO makes me sad that arcades died in the west :(

14. MadeManG74

I feel like they would announce it at an arcade trade show rather than ones centered around consoles.

Yeah I don't understand it either, I think some are card battling games or something? It's really bizarre stuff compared to what we're used to back in the day.

EDIT: That stuff sounds really cool @ToyDingo I would love to check a Japanese arcade out someday soon.

15. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I don't have problem with games like Maimai or Wonderlands Wars. I like diversity, I like to have many options. But, it's been years since the last time I played an impressive racer or a great shooter.

16. MadeManG74

^Oh no, I don't have a problem with it either, but I'm just saying I have no clue what they are or how they play. Put me in front of one and I'd probably stare blankly at it before touching the screen a few times and then get asked to leave.

17. MadeManG74

This has been happening for quite some time. Their release schedule has been getting more and more slim since like, 2009. Last year they released so few games you can probably count them on one hand.

The good news is, they still plan to support PC and I don't see why they would cut long running popular series like VF. It just means they won't be making games like Bayonetta or Vanquish anymore, and basically all our favourite classic franchises will remain dead.
    So, business as usual for Sega basically.

18. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Wait, doesn't that mean that VF will most likely be an arcade only game?

19. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Really sad news I died a little inside after reading this, I really feel for Sega and my childlike self keeps repeating to me "it's just not fair"

At this point I would rather a huge company like Sony (don't flame me) come along and buy them out...if only to preserve the jobs of its workers and keep their IP's alive. I've grown up playing Sega's games and it kills me to see them in this situation.

I won't cry at my own mother's funeral but I'll weep like a baby when/if Sega ever close their doors for good