1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What is Jeff's equalizer?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Aeon, May 21, 2003.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    From 1/60, the elbow data for Aoi and Lau are verified for ver.A only:

Lau's [6][P]:
    exe: 14
    hit: 1
    recovery: 38
    frame difference (grd, hit, counter): -4, 0, +6

Aoi's [6][P]:
    exe: 14
    hit: 3
    recovery: 39
    frame difference (grd, hit, counter): -5, -1, +5

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Where do they "verify" this stuff?
    Just curious.

I'd really need to use Lau to tell. I guess the obvious difference is [6][P][P] isn't throw counterable on block - Aoi's is. That pressure alone tends to throw the "what if's" out there.

3. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

They verified it with machines?

Lau's [6][P][P] is mid, high. Aoi's [6][P][P] is mid, mid. I think its only fair for it to be at least throw counterable.

4. GaijinPunch

G-cancellable helps as well I suppose.

Stats I'd really like to know is the window you have to NOT throw out the second [P], and do another elbow. I'm convinced Lau's window is much shorter. You can continously see Lau throwing out a [6][P] - it just doesn't work w/ AOi. Logic tells me it's recovery, but that doesn't seem right.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    GaijinPunch said:

Stats I'd really like to know is the window you have to NOT throw out the second [P], and do another elbow. I'm convinced Lau's window is much shorter. You can continously see Lau throwing out a [6][P] - it just doesn't work w/ AOi. Logic tells me it's recovery, but that doesn't seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check the 1/60 site, it actually has frame information for combo input.

For Lau's elbow-palm, [6][P][P], it's listed as: 6(7)P(25)P

This means you have a maximum of 7 frames from the [6] input to enter a [P] to register an elbow. If you input [P] one frame too late (i.e. on the 8th frame) you'll just get a standing punch. Similarly, you have a maximum of 25 frames after the elbow to enter the [P] for the Palm.

For Aoi's [6][P][P], it's: 6(5)P(38)P

In comparison to Lau, she has more time to delay the 2nd input.

6. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

The earliest opportunity for another elbow is right after you recover from the first elbow, there is no other way around this. The only difference between the 2 elbows is the delayability(?) of the second move. Aoi can wait for 38f before unleashing the second part of [6][P][P] but Lau's window is only 25f.

When you guard cancel the second part(hit G after the elbow), the only difference is just 1f because Aoi recovers at -5 while Lau recovers at -4.

7. Homer

Homer Member

What da hell r u talking bout you sound like a geek talking bout his new computer to is friends /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yes, I'm a geek. I also like to help people and have a decent sense of humor, but I'm touchy and have a low tolerance for people fucking with me.

You will find that VF has a lot of geeky stuff in it, if geeky stuff like numbers and whatnot turns you off, maybe try another site.

9. GaijinPunch

Alucard - I didn't see your post. That's the information I wanted to know. I talk about Lau's abusable elbows, and some people fire back with, "Well, what about Aoi's". It's just not abusable in the same fashion, now is it. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif