1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what's the best way to follow up Wolf's pick-up move

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by IamthePope, Jun 28, 2004.

1. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

I've been playing wolf for some time now(I was a High King in VF4), and I've always had trouble following up Wolf's pickup move [2]+[P]+[G]. I've tried [3]+[P]+[K], [K]+[G], [4][6]+[K]+[P], and even the Frankensteiner [9]+[P]+[G], but none of these techniques work 100% of the time.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    IamthePope said:

<snip> none of these techniques work 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because none are guaranteed... Wolf's pickup is a guessing game for the opponent. You're 10 frames ahead in case of regular "face up" pickup, just be creative. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    IamthePope said:
    Frankensteiner

[/ QUOTE ]

correct

4. SMASH01

SMASH01 Member

After pick up do this : ([P]+[K]),[4][6][P]+[K],[4][P],[2][P]+[G],[4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G].....with the right executions this one will work about 70% whether your fighting a computer or against a person. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

What are you on?

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Most of the time, unless playing a lesser opponent, a pounce ([8]+[P]) is a better choice than a pick-up.

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

mix up a KS with screw hook, that's the best two choices.

other additional choices which are possible, but not primary are frankensteiner to punish ETEG, or a good yomi tool is low throw (plus opp's low P misses at this distance).

8. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

Against the PS2 I just throw. If I'm against someone quick and I really want to show off I will forward dash to try to draw a low punch and then [2][P]+[K]. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I know its not that practical but I like to do it to show off.