1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf notes

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Unicorn, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I will like to use this thread for random notes about Wolf, his moves, matchups etecetra. I will also encourage anyone to post here anything interesting related to Wolf he knows / found :)

2. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ok, let me start.

We all are using wolfs [1][P][+][K] [P] into whatever juggles.
    What I found is that there is BIG difference in [P] or [6_][P]. Normally one will think that [6_][P] will be the same, just will carry further, but it is not true. It may change the outcome by a lot. You can test this on wolf - [3][K][+][G] [9][P][+][K] [P] [1][P][+][K] [P] [6][6][K][+][G]. It is TRable if you use [6_][P] but works OK with [P].
    If you use [6_][P], opponent fall down much faster.
    What is it important for are possible outcomes after juggle. In above mentioned juggle, if you perform it on some characters and they will do perfect TR... Then you will be -1 after [6_][P], but cca +18 or so after [P].

Now this do not apply on every situation where you use this jgl ender (I know that on jacky, 46p+k p 1p+k p 66k+g will lead to same result no matter what you use; and I know on Eileen 3k+g 9p+k p 1p+k p 66k+g is also same), but it seem that SOMETIMES it really should make a difference.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Unicorn, what about [P][K][G] (jab > cancelled kick)? Does it recover faster or slower than wolf's normal jab? I remember reading a thread about jacky's [P][K][G] cancel. I mean, since you're testing, is it better or worse than a plain jab in the combo you just mentioned?

4. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    There is whole thread about this topic:
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf5fs-pkg-cancel-rankings.15497/

As you can see, for Jacky, Sarah and Kage, PKG > P
    For Wolf and Eileen, PKG = P
    For Akira, Brad and Blaze, PKG < P
    (in juggles of course, in "normal" situation is is P > PKG for everyone but Jacky, where P = PKG

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    OK another thing... I saw that in several comboarts touched a bit (but not properly), but it looks like noone is using this in real matches, so..:

PGS into wall
    * close range => 2_36P (96)
    * mid range => 2_36P (96) / ground throws
    * long range => 46P (97)
    * max range => nothing (well, 9P may be guaranteed but I am not sure and I never care to test properly :( )
    * Taka close / mid / long / => 46P (97)

;) ;) ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

If you are playing Wolf, and an opponent does like for example, a low sweep kick attack at super close range that leaves him very close to you, and you block it, use or wait a milli sec and use, either one of Wolf's low throws, or mix it up with either [3][P][+][K] or crouching [2_][3][6][P]. Your opponent will never know what is coming. I do this alot in VF4 Evo. Note that the [2_][3][6][P] has a small start up, so be careful when using it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  7. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Typically lows like those are -15 on block. The proper punish is [6][3][2][1][4] [P][P] or [1]/[2]/[3] [P][+][G] low throws but note these can always be broken.