1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf's Juggle List

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Unicorn, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You keep telling me to do this recently :confused:

There's a quick example of how you can get free attacks after certain knockdowns, recovering in place in that situation exposes your back.

Similarly if your opponent does side roll recovery from a face down head towards knockdown it breifly leaves them in a crouching state exposing themself to a free mid or low throw attempt.

Also this is VF, not sure how those other games work but you can not guard mids while you are crouched or backturned.

I think you need to try that yourself.

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I decided to bold these parts as I suppose they were hard to read. Your video only showed teching in place, which indeed does allow for back attacks in certain situations, but no side tech roll in any situation allows for mid attacks to connect for free even though they end up crouching briefly afterwards, only crouch throw attempts are guaranteed.

So I repeat, go to Dojo and either set the CPU to guard high or do it manually either yourself or with a friend. Feel free to make a video of those too if you can prove me otherwise, I'm actually curious now do they actually exist in some rare conditions, but I very highly doubt it.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    In Version A Revision 1 (the version currently in Japan arcade and consoles worldwide), side roll fall recovery from a face down, head toward position is "safe" against mid strikes. Previous versions of VF5FS and before, it was "unsafe" where you cannot block against a well-timed mid strike.

Edit: Not sure what this actually have to with the linked combo video (I did not watched it, thought it would be of interest to the Wolf players).

R_Panda likes this.
  4. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It is not linked; but it is interwesting for Wolf players
    :D

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The crouching ones you can get out of by using standing block which will make you instantly stand. There is AFAIK, no way to block the backed turned setups. If the tech in certain ways from certain knock downs, there is no way to block.

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok i have a new tool to share.
    There's already a combo after [3][K][+][G] close to the wall but what if the opponent is just a little bit further? Well no fear my dear grapler user, you may start like the regular combo with [9][P][+][K] then instead of continuing with the regular punch just use [2_][3][P] and after the wall slump do the regular low bounce [1][P][+][K] and the combo ender. This way you have a little bit of extra damage.

So long story short the combo is:
    [3][K][+][G] -> [9][P][+][K] -> [2_][3][P] -> Wall Slump -> [1][P][+][K] -> ender

Still i need to test against who i can use this. It works for sure against eileen and Aoi (had some session against Khan Rahn recently) i'll test this with other character after easter holydays.

EvenPit and Unicorn like this.
  7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Nice one, I will test it once I will have time to play again :)

Anyway, on a similar note. What am I doing after 46P+K or 3K+G you are near to the wall but not near enough, do standard 9P+k (or 6_P 9P+K in case of 46P+K) and then 6_P. This will slump your opponent agains the wall so you can continue with standard KK into whatever you use on wall.
    I can imagine the 2_3P Mister mentioned should work as well, maybe even better that my 6_P here. I believe KK / 1P+K follow up will probably be both possible and it will be up to you and situation to pick the better one

8. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

ok i did some testing in dojo and the combo does 1 point LESS than the normal one with simple [P]. I don't understand this logic because [2_][3][P] is clearly stronger than a simple punch but we don't make the rules, the game does.
    The trick here is simply to use [K][K] then continue with the usual combo on the wall, [4][K][+][K][K] or screw for heavier weights.

Unicorn likes this.
  9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    In the Wolf juggle list, I updated max damage for taka from 46P+K, 43P, 3K+G and 4K side MC starters

3 more damage from new juggle of 9P+K > PP > 4K+GK; and the main advantage is you have much better okizeme that after 6PP

10. Mister

Ok thanks for the combos. I just fixed 2 typos. However i fail to see the difference in [4][3][P] Combos :/

11. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It is because I saved the juggle under wall juggles instead of rolling elbow by accident :D

fixed

12. Mister

New Combo vs Eileen. It works both stances but it's not easy to land:

[3][3][P][+][K] -> [2][5] or [8][5] -> [3][3] -> [6_][P] -> [9][P][+][K] -> [2_][3][6][P] -> [6][6][K][+][G]

Does 88 damage. Should be a viable option after Push ([4][6] [P][+][G] -> [P][+][G]).

I saw this combo in a video in this own tread but. Now before adding it to the list I just wanna test it more with also el blaze to find out if it's eileen only.

13. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Added new max damage vs Taka from change // push
    Change [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] (86 dmg)

14. Mister

Ok after some testing i finally came out with some [4][P] combos for: Aoi, Lion, Shun and somehow Sarah.

Let's start with Aoi!
    Usually you'll use [4][P][P][2_][3][P][2_][3][6][P] for 58 damage both sides or [4][P][P][2][P][6][P][P] for 58 damage both stances and 59 damage open stance.
    However i found a way to connect this combo: [4][P][P][2_][3][P][2][P][2_][3][6][P]

With Aoi you need to enter the combo like this: [4][P][P][K]~[G][2_][3][P][3][3][P][+][K][+][G][2_][3][6][P]
    It will connect in both stances. You just need to get used to the [P][K] cancel with [G].

Now let's move to Sarah!
    This time there's no garanteed way to connect the same combo 100% of the time in both stances. But there are some stances specific tricks to connect the combo.
    In open stance you have to use the [P][K]~[G] trick but not the 1fk for [2][P].
    While in closed stance you won't use that delay but [3][3][3][P][+][K][+][G] instead of the simple [2][P].

Shun!
    I already put the note in the combo section, but I'll write it down here too.
    You have to use the 1fk tecnique for the [2][P]. I personally use [3][3][P][+][K][+][G] but the most important thing is that you get 1 frame delay.

Lion!
    With this dude you have to use the other delay metod, the [P][K]~[G] for both stances and you'll get your combo. Seems like the timing changes slightly if you are a differents range, so keep that in mind and use this combo only when you'r in close combat.

I'll try to look into vanessa too, she's the only one that i have to check for this combos. I'll try to look into El Blaze and Eillen too but there's no need since both of them have much higher damage combos for [4][P] starter.

Unicorn likes this.
  15. alexbib

alexbib Member

So in the juggle list there's [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] → DM → [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I don't really understand. Is the DM+33 simply some weird positioning before the first punch (should I obtain a normal standing punch)? if so, how do you do it fast enough?

16. Mister

actually you should cancell the defensive movement with the dash to obtain the perfect angle and timing to obtain a refloat with [2][P] when it lands. Othwerwise you will obtain a green combo or it won't connect at all. I'll try to make a video showing that on different characters so that people will see how it should be done. Also i noticed that you should dodge on your opponent's back to get a 100% chance to refloat. With some characters it doesn't matter, but vs Jacky and Jean it does.

17. Mister

About the [4][P] combos i found that even on Vanessa you can use the [P][K]~[G] trick to get the full combo.

Still working on that video i promised about the [3][3][P][+][K]. But first i want to finish the Wolf vs the Cast series. Taka is uploading and I have to do the montage for Vanessa. After Wolf I'll focus on that combo video.

Unicorn likes this.
  18. Mister

i'm starting to add some new combos i've seen in some videos by takumikusaka (youtube link here)

I've also found a simplyfied and much more reliable version of a combo he used at cost of less damage. The only problem is that you need to be in a specific spot and foot stance to do this combo.

[P][+][K] max charge while you have a wall on the side where your leg is in front (so if you have a left leg forward you should have a wall on your left and viceversa). So once you hit your opponent with [P][+][K] max charge your opponent should get a wall stagger and turn on his side. Now [P][P][P] is garanteed since we are on the side and after a max charged [P][+][K] moves up to 14f exe are for free. I tested this only with Eileen for now, and if you are close enough, you may get a second wall hit after the 3 punches. If you manage to do so a the right distance you get the chance to bounce your opponent with [9][P][+][K] and then proceed with the usual wall combo ([K][K] -> [4][K][+][G][K] -> [2_][3][6][P]).

I'm also looking how to use [2][K] when you may stun the opponent with the wall. There are some nasty setups to get a tons of damage.

19. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Thanks to Combolammas tip I found a silly way how to connect stupid 4P combo on Vanessa (and maybe more..?)

[4][P] > [P] > [6][6][3][3][P] (yes, 2FK needed) > [3][3][P][+][K][+][G] (1FK) > [4][K][+][G][K]
    71 damage, guaranteed in BOTH stances (really, white combo)

Anyway nor 624PP nor 6PP finish works, only 4K+GK

20. Mister

Ok I'll try to test this combos on my own. By the inputs i think it's more than 2fk for that punch but if it works and it's reliable it's the way to go.