1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf's little nudge/push type thing

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by SuperheroHatMan, May 20, 2004.

1. You know, that [6][P]+[K] thing? I'm sure there's a useful way to use this in a fight, but I don't know how.

All it seems to do is basically destabilize the opponent for 3-4 frames at best, without giving you any sort of discernable advantage. So, does it really do anything to improve a Wolf's game?

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

it staggers a guarding opopnent.

3. That's it!?

And here I was expecting something like "It destroys the universe with its mighty shoving powers."

4. What are you stupid? Don't answer that, we already know.Personally I'd love to see you use Wolf's move in reality. I'd pay money for it. Go ahead. I bet the universe will crumble under the sheer power and force of YOUR almighty, two-handed pussy shove. Anyway, idiot, this move is pretty fast, so try using it to stop your opponent when he/she/Sarah is trying to attack you with a slow attack. It should work.

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Chibita_Breaker said:
    try using it to stop your opponent when he/she/Sarah is trying to attack you with a slow attack. It should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you're a fucking idiot that move is -4 on hit and only +2 on MC

it is for use when ppl are GUARDING

oh and superherohatman's post was fucking hilarious you noob

6. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

dandy J is right

it is used similar to a throw, to beat guard, but does not carry a throw's risk of a strong striking attack going right through it (reverse nitaku).

using it to interrupt attacks is retarted

7. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

It's an anti-turtle move. Here's two situations I've seen a use for it in.

1) Opponent feels a little worried about a shoulder ram or a hook punch combo leading to either a ring out or close to the ring edge, so they turtle a little bit, since they know you're expecting a sidestep. [6]+[P]+[K], [4]+[P],(hcb+[P][P]) or ([4]+[K]+[G][K]) or (dash forward, [2]+[P]+[G] or [3]+[P]+[G]). [4]+[P] has enough reach and executes fast enough that the CPU can't escape from the stagger on 'fast stagger recovery'.

2) Opponent is trying to avoid a wall combo and in a disadvantageous situation, so they guard, hoping either to bait a throw that they could possibly escape or that even if it succeeds will get them out of the situation with less damage than a wall combo/ground throw combo, or hoping to bait a counterable move from you. [6]+[P]+[K], [4]+[P], pick your finisher from above. The pickup to shove is quite an evil mind game here, since it puts them back in square one - at an even worse disadvantage right next to the wall.

That's my newbish input. I'm sure someone will point out a thousand reasons why this won't work against anyone with brains greater than an hamster, but I'm interested in what other people think of when on the defensive or offensive in a situation like listed above.

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shaolin_Hopper said:

It's an anti-turtle move.

[/ QUOTE ]

1, dandyj is correct, chibitabreaker is a fucking moron with fucking retarded name.

2, f+pk, is not an anti-turtle move, it's a fucking useless move. Shaolin_Hopper please stfu if you don't know anything. f+pk doesn't give b+p even if crushes guard, in fact it does even give p if they struggle. This move is useless.. that's that. now stfu you fucking noobies and go back to quest mode.

9. Shaolin_Hopper

Explain to me why the chain lands 100% of the time against the CPU set to guard all and fast struggling, then. If you can't, then ... what was it? "stfu, noobie, and go back to training mode".

10. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    Shaolin_Hopper said:

Explain to me why the chain lands 100% of the time against the CPU set to guard all and fast struggling, then.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's some sort of training mode bug. It takes only 1 button/joystick input to break the stagger and guard [P] or [4]+[P].

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

You are the retarded one here, and it just to show you that you don't know how to use training mode correctly, and that you have no real relevant experience with wolf. [4][P] is not guaranteed, even when you can do it 100% to the cpu in training mode. Record wolf doing the push do you with [4][P] follow up, and struggle yourself. It's so easily struggled and ducked.

as for
    [ QUOTE ]
    That's my newbish input. I'm sure someone will point out a thousand reasons why this won't work against anyone with brains greater than an hamster, but I'm interested in what other people think of when on the defensive or offensive in a situation like listed above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you know they are newbish inputs. If you watch any of the clips regularly posted here. You will know that people rarely guard in those situations, or even the person in advantage would not do something so predictable. Seriously, don't say all these things as if you know what you are talking about, especially when someone tells you that you are wrong.

12. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    O.K. Now that we all know that Wolf's guard break is worthless in Evo, do you think it should give some guaranteed combo options like Akira's does or just get rid of the move entriely in FT?

I personally want to remove it. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shaolin_Hopper said:

Explain to me why the chain lands 100% of the time against the CPU set to guard all and fast struggling, then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you are a fucking moron. Do the world a favor and stop using the internet ok?

14. Shaolin_Hopper

Dandy: Ug. More problems with training mode. After all these years, you'd think they'd be able to do a training mode properly. Any more bugs you know of in training mode?

UKWolf: Yay. Training mode bug. Joy joy. Well, if they had to mess something up, I guess I'd prefer it's training mode.
    Putting that behind, saying ,"go look at some clips' doesn't explain why people do the things they do. I'd rather someone posted what they'd do instead and why in that situation. Seeing that someone ducks in a certain situation doesn't explain why they duck, or why it's bad to do anything instead of duck. In the situation I listed, back to wall, you're at a -4 or so disadvantage, wolf in front and close, what do you do, and why?

Here's my reasoning if I were in that situation. First level: He's either going to go mid or hope to draw a sidestep. Crouching and turtling invites a wall stagger from fast mids, so screw that. D+P might be close enough, but a blocked d+P leaves me still at a disadvantage. Wolf has a few mids that are quick enough to thwack if I whiff, and I'm already at a disadvantage. Going for a throw myself is suicide at a disadvantage. It's a gamble to me between SSing and standing and guarding as fuzzy as I can until I can read what he's going to do. Then we go two levels deep - that means he's going for a throw or a low attack, so I should attack, since Wolf's lows are pretty slow. Then we go three levels deep - he's going to expect an anti throw attack. If he's trying to draw an attack, he'll probably be lurking with a sidestep ready.

And finally, to Shang: I'm not going to waste my time flaming you down. Just go away unless you have something useful to input.

15. Dandy_J

There are many inconsitencies/bugs in the training mode. A good rule of thumb is if you're unsure if something works or not, just record it and try to defend against it yourself.

16. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

alot of the time, there is no "answer" to what is the best thing you can do. Because both players are trying to out guess the other player. You are already answering your own question, it's just a matter of going with your guess when the time comes.