1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WTS: SEGA Virtua Stick High Grade or MAD CATZ Street Fighter x Tekken Fightstick vs.

Discussion in 'Store' started by Genzen, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

2. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

anybody grabbed this up?. I wouldn't mind buying the high grade if it's still available.

3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of negotiating selling the High Grade, so if you can make a better offer then you're more than welcome to beat it. Current offer is $120+whatever the shipping is.

4. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I sent you a private message

5. RunningWildVidya

RunningWildVidya Active Member

Is the VSHG mdded in anyway? There were problems with an earlier shipment of the sticks with the PCB making it very difficult to register 3 simultaneous button prices. Supposedly Sega fixed this with a revision of the stick, but I heard from some people it was still problematic, resulting in most owners replacing the PCB.

I already own 1 VSHG, but I'd love to get a second.

6. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

It's not modded in any way (I wouldn't know where to start with that stuff), and I've never noticed any problems registering three simultaneous presses (and I play Jacky, so there's been plenty of Slide Shuffle spammage). It's in a 'like new' state; there're no scratches or dents or anything of the sort - might be a little faded compared to brand new one just because it has been in use for a while, but nothing noticeable.

7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Mad Catz giving SFxTekken sticks is gross, haha.

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Didn't this problem only only affect 3D fighting games that were not called Virtua Fighter?

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with Tekken's stupendous 1 frame window for simultaneous button presses and there was actually an evil wizard inside the High Grades that forecast which game your console was running :zzz:

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    VSHG's also has problems with legacy 2D games on GGPO when it comes to 3 button presses.

10. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

that's cause the stick know it's being used for something other than VF and purposely fucks up inputs. lol.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  11. RunningWildVidya

I tested it out on all my PS3 fighting games and I couldn't get the 3 button inputs to register consistently. Although when I used it on my PC, worked just fine, so I dunno.

My VSHG is dual modded, so not a problem here anymore.

Maybe the VSHG really is self aware... :eek:

12. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Strange, I've never once had any problems with anything like that? Maybe older versions were faulty?

13. RunningWildVidya

If you check under the stick, it'll say either M or S. M was an earlier revision which reportedly had problems on some of them, while the S revision should of fixed it.

If you never had problems, then you must of gotten one of the lucky ones.

I'd love to get my hands on a 2nd VSHG though, but at the same time I'm trying to save for a new PS2 and starting a sort of fighting game collection, and that would also require I find PS2 compatible sticks.

14. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I guess it's a lucky one then! I plugged into training mode and did a load of 4PKG spam to see if it was ever not registering, but they were all coming out just as they're supposed to.

Also, screw your PS2 nonsense - buy my stick so I can actually get my wife a gift for our first anniversary!

15. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

So I've decided I want to keep the Mad Catz one - I seem to like it better than the other one 'cos the stick part is a bit firmer.

The High Grade is still up for sale if anyone's interested. $100 + shipping and it's yours.