1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Controller Setup

Discussion in 'Console' started by Virtua_Z, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Virtua_Z

Virtua_Z New Member

For the people that don't have sticks, how do you set up your controls? I'm looking for a more efficient setup then what I got. My settings are set like:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif-Y
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-A
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-X
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-RD
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-RT
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-LD

2. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif : Y
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif : B
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif : X

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif : A

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif : LB

Unused: LT, RB, RT

I'm using the Hori EX Turbo Pad.. it's D-Pad is the best D-Pad for 360 controllers

3. Shiznittles

Shiznittles Well-Known Member

I'm using the EX2 stick (until my High Grades are modded)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif = B
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif = X
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif = Y

Everything else is unmapped. I like keeping it to three buttons since I might find myself crutching the macro buttons too much. In my opinion it's faster to just do the button presses for throws or whatever without macros (but that's just me)

-Shiz

4. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

I'm still using the controller (though hopefully I'll find an EX2 soon;;)

I like the default setup with one change. I modify the second, unused punch button (in my case, the lower one) to be P+G. It's really nice for multiple throw evades, I've found, since you can input directions more quickly, and don't have to worry about also hitting a button with the same hand.

5. Psychedelicide

Psychedelicide New Member

my setup is;

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif = Y
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif = B
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif = LT
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif = X
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif = A
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif = RT
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif = RB

with some characters it may be a good idea to assign either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to the A button for easier execution of their stonger combos.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I used to have
    X=guard
    Y=punch
    B=kick
    L1= P+K+G
    when I played.

BUT

7. Rabbit

Rabbit Well-Known Member

Pure, unbridled, win.

I'm hoping to get a stick soon but maybe I will hold out until Christmas for it. I just use the default controls.

8. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

I have a stick, but if I didn't I would have my buttons set up like this:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif= X[/size]
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif= Y[/size]
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif= B[/size]

and every other button NOT USED.

Why the hell would you want 'shortcuts' anyway? The game wasn't designed to have a 'Throw button'. Plus it's over-complicating the control scheme. Just use your fingertips on the buttons instead of your thumbs and you want need to play the game using 8 buttons. I used to wonder why almost every single Akira player on LIVE is obsessed with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, then I realised it was just button bashers jamming away at their R button (or what ever P+K is set up as).

Besides, I consider having 1 button for throws and tech rolls cheating and one step away from the VF Kids macros.

9. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

So negative, VF3beatsVF4. I'm not sure why pressing one button instead of three buttons would be cheating... do you somehow have trouble getting three of your fingers to move at the same time?

The shortcuts are essentially necessary on a pad, I've found. Everything's easier using fingertip 3-button play, but the pads are damn near impossible to hold that way. I spend enough time worrying about whether the crappy 360 analog stick will even recognize my inputs at any given time, without having to be in constant peril of dropping the thing.

10. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

For me,
    Fighting Stick EX2

B: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    X: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    Y: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    A: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    LT: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    RT: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

XBOX 360 controller:

A: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    X: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    Y: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    B: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

11. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

that's

(...) weird.

that way you palm won'r be on the stick if you have your fingers on g/p/k. unless you have really tiny hands. lol.

12. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Don't you guys have a problem with the D-pad?

13. BradBurn5

BradBurn5 Member

lol i never had a prob im really used to it by now, D-pad sucks compare to the ps3 one, but im really used to it since ive been a DoA player for a very long time and xbox controllers are the same on the D-Pad. I use default setup also on my controlls for VF5 and i use LT RT LB RB.

14. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    I have tons of issues with it. Constantly I perform the wrong move because of that damn thing. But I guess over time I will adapt to it....I know that GT, Guttler, evil brad player!

15. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    I use the analog over the D-pad in this game. The only moves I have problems with are /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif moves. Otherwise I really like it.

16. Arest

Arest Active Member

My setup is:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif LB
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif RB
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif X

Movement with the analog-stick.
    Works quite well for me!

17. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

oh wow, that's an interesting setup. Can imagine it working well if you get used to it.

18. anbujustin

anbujustin Active Member

the set up i use which to me feels the best for my thumb and not having to use macros is

x=guard
    y=punch
    b=kick
    a=kick

this is because this way i can press
    p+k = y+b
    g+p = x+y
    k+g = a+x
    g+p+k = x+y+a

its easier on the thumbs this way for me cus the thumb moves less its almost the same position just sliding over to "highlight" which two or three button combos i plan on using.

-J

i has a stick now tho but i sometimes use the pad i like it haha

19. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Best I've found is

Y=/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    X=/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    A=/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    B=/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    LB=All three
    LT= Also all three but I rarely use it at all
    RB=/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    RT=/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Basically everything the same but throw is Y button. It makes the SPOD much easier to do...

20. Warcri

Warcri Member

My Aoi is setup like this

X= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Y= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    A= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    B= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    LB= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    LT= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    RB= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    RT= /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

i find that i need /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on the pad due to the timing needed for reversals.