1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[26 Aug 2016] OzHadou Nationals 14 - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Sydney NSW)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MadeManG74, Jun 16, 2016.

By MadeManG74 on Jun 16, 2016 at 7:18 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Virtua Fighter in Sydney has been growing with a great community and steadily improving player base. The organisers of OzHadou Nationals, the longest running tournament in Australia have seen fit to make Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown an official game this year! The tournament takes place over 26 - 28 August 2016!

[​IMG]

Pre-Registration is open right now, so if you haven't already, please sign up!

http://ohn.ozhadou.net/

This is the biggest VF tournament in Australia in years! Hope to get many players joining in and having fun.

It'll also be a part of Victory Road ranbat series:
    League Here: http://virtuafighter.com/rankings/victory-road.9/league

Thread Here: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-victory-road-sydney-league-and-tournaments.20167/

Again, page for OHN and Registration is here: http://ohn.ozhadou.net/

OzHadou Nationals 14 - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Start Date: 26 Aug 2016 05:00 PM
End Date: 29 Aug 2016 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

14 Carrington St
Sydney NSW 2000

Posted By: MadeManG74

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MadeManG74, Jun 16, 2016.

• OzHadou Nationals 14 - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    Start Date: 26 Aug 2016 05:00 PM
    End Date: 29 Aug 2016 05:00 PM
    Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

14 Carrington St
    Sydney NSW 2000

Posted By: MadeManG74

Confirmed Attendees: 2
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
    1. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Pre reg goes up by $10 August 1!!
      Get in quick!
    2. Harpooneer
      Harpooneer
      Let's go vf! Congrats on making it into a national tournament, gonna watch it.
      daRockReaper and MadeManG74 like this.
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Thanks man! We're up to 17 pre-regs, should have a couple more to sign up still too.

Should be an awesome tournament with some top talent on show.
    4. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      There is a cap on the event at 600 people, please register if you're planning to come!

We lost two players over the weekend, we're going backwards not forwards. Please send help.
    5. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Happening this weekend guys! I'll be posting here soon with more details as well as BRACKETS!

It's a stacked, stacked tournament this time around, so be sure to tune in. Stream channel to come. Schedule is on the main website!
    6. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I can confirm that Virtua fighter will be streamed on Friday Night, 6PM onwards for exhibition matches on the main stream channel:
      https://www.twitch.tv/ozhadou

Streamed on Saturday (27/08/2016) from 10AM to 2PM Sydney Time on
      Twitch.tv/gilbagz

The game will also be on the main stream for Grand Finals on Sunday, from 10AM to 12 Midday Sydney Time!
      https://www.twitch.tv/ozhadou

@Myke How do I get this into the Stream notification on the top of the page? :)
      Kruza and Chill like this.
    7. Myke
      Myke
      If they set the game being played on the broadcast to Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown then it'll get picked up automatically.
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    8. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      OHN is this weekend, and it’ll be hosting Virtua Fighter: VICTORY ROAD VIII!
      I know there are a lot of players here that haven’t seen much of the Australian VF scene, so I invite everyone to check it out this weekend, because it should be a hell of a show!
      There are a TON of stories going into this event, with so many newcomers and veterans alike.

This will be the biggest tournament yet for the VICTORY ROAD season! We’re going to see new players making an entry into the league, from VIC, from SA and from JAPAN! It's going to be amazing to see many players who've never played each other square off for the first time!

Will this flood of new players be enough to finally beat IRON MYKE? The highest placing Australian at any EVO is currently undefeated, but this might change with top contenders Itazan and Alex MD flying in to claim his crown.

Lots of matches will be played, friendships will be forged, and breaking into top 8 is going to be a fierce battle.

Check out the current league standings here!
      http://virtuafighter.com/rankings/victory-road.9/league

For any entrants who don’t have a VirtuaFighter.com account yet, please do create one so we can put you on the leaderboards!

Thanks to the excellent community, every match should be recorded as well, so everyone will be able to check the tapes and see how they fared!

I'm so very pleased to see Virtua Fighter on the main stage again.
      Thank you, Virtua Fighter Community.
      Roll on, OHN14!
      oneida likes this.
    9. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Stream is LIVE
      Casuals for now, maybe exhibition later!
      Twitch.tv/gilbagz
    10. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      After a phenomenal weekend, I can safely say that this OHN is some of the most fun I’ve ever had at a fighting game event.

There are a lot of things to mention, but first and foremost I want to thank all the organizers. This is the first OHN where I’ve really seen ‘behind the curtain’ so to speak, and the amount of work that goes into this is staggering.

Everyone in the community owes a heartfelt thanks to the organisers of the event. Even just being on the fringe, I could see how much they put in for this community. Henry, Xharmagne, Jonathan, David, Youssef, Ziggy, Michael and everyone else whom I don’t yet have on Facebook or don’t know personally, thank you all so much and congratulations on an amazing event.

Thank you to Aaron (Gilbags) for running the VF stream. It looked great and we had players from around the world watching us. The whole community really appreciates your hard work, and you’re a genuinely awesome guy. I’m hoping to pick up MKXL when it finally hits PC because the MK scene looks like a great group of people.

Thank you to the KoF Community for running my favourite 2D games over the weekend, and for going to the effort to bring the hot off the press KoFXIV as well. In particular I want to thank Micka for the T-Shirts as well as putting up the pot bonuses with Orochinagi. You really went above and beyond, and I hope we see you again soon, because it’s always a pleasure.

Finally, to my VF Family: Thank you for everything, and for the best tournament we’ve seen in many years. Special thanks to Mike, Blake and Nim for all their assistance over the weekend. These guys came in early to set up, stayed back late to pack up, and helped me run the brackets and commentate over the weekend. They are also constantly supporting the Sydney scene at YSB and at casuals every month.

In particular I want to thank Alex MD, Daniel, Callum, John and Mooseking for being our inter-state entrants, and Itabashi Zangief for representing Japan! It’s really special being able to play people outside our own circles and catch up with all of you again. I hope to see you all again before too long.

I also want to make special mention to Jihoon and DaV-GoD. OHN14 was their first major and I sincerely hope you felt welcome and had a great time! Here’s to many more in the future.

As a last note, I’m so glad we were joined by Megadeth in the days before he had to leave. We will see you again, my brother!
      Chill, Kruza, Myke and 1 other person like this.