1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense with GT

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Lucky_GT, Nov 12, 2012.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Looking at some of these posts, I think it'd be better if people realised that Fuzzy and CD Fuzzy are done at different frames.

-1- -3 you can simply duck the throw but at -4 and -5 you need to input a Crouch Dash because you can't simply Fuzzy.

GT: Awesome post. Never thought about that. Thanks for the heads up on this!

2. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Goh can get throw sabaki on any command with P+K+G in it. Roll will also cause him to get NH by CH launchers.

Yes, but I didn't add it because sabaki'ing high and low punch in nitaku is kinda useless.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I see, thank you

4. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Thanks GT ! I never thought about a K cancel to cause a throw to whiff ^^

About Goh : The TE after 6P+K+G is it to deal with a delayed throw or is it always buffered in every P+K+G throw sabaki attempt to cover a failed throw sabaki ?
    By the way anyone knows about the frames of 6+P+K+G ?
    At -6 Goh can duck under H and H*, but I dont' really know the ducking frames or while standing ones, is there a way to find out in dojo mode ?

5. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Maybe he meant P+K+G?

6. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Yes, GT reminded it :
    Meaning you get the throw sabaki with 4 and 6P+K+G inputs as well.

7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Hum OK, but I guess that unlike the usual sabakies (that you can enter as ASAP) with this one you have to time the input of the 6P+K+G so that the throw sabaki connects at the right time to sabaki the throw attempt ?

I have to experiment with this OS, does the roll duck throws at small disadvantages or will it always get thrown ? I guess it's the second :(

So I would rather go with 4P+K+G + TE and try to time it so that the throw sabaki can happen, rather than the Roll, I don't see advantages of doing 6+P+K+G IF the roll never duck throws.

@nowhere: it's rather to cover a failed throw sabaki that you enter a TE

8. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Ahhh, thats what that means. I totally forgot that Goh has that option select. Powerful one at that too. Im too rusty :/

9. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    @Chibitox:
    The throw sabaki is definitely tighter (I have more sucess with it at -10 than after 6K ? I have to work on that ^^")
    6P+K+G can duck at -6 but not at -8.
    4P+K+G is ok for a mid nitaku against P starters and 46K covers knee starters but seem a little bit slow (I always had difficulties to get a sabaki from this one also, often because a too early input ^^")

10. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    You mean 64K?

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Brad has a "sabaki" for mid kicks. Also you may put a throw escape attempt while doing it.

Nice post btw, also agree with your wolf list. If high are in, you may consider to add something else in your list (there are some high combo starter for some characters).

12. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    64K ? I'm talking about Goh's sabaki 46K

13. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Oh ya, we were thinking about the same move. I forgot the input for a second. Sorry for the waste of space.

14. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Awesome, there is finally a purpose in doing Goh's 6p+k+g roll, thanks!

15. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I prefer to re-read this as: "Practically useless in a sensible fight. Mileage in your local meta may vary" :p

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'll just add that for eileen K~G cancel I found a few little something somethings that might be useful for the other kick cancel chars. In the situations where you've evaded a throw due to the kick cancel animation you are able to get different whiff punishment moves based on your disadvantage. I'll chart it out for easy reading. Note that if you use moves with the given frame exe you will get a minor counter hit. See brackets for what eileen could do for example, since it's a minor counter hit some things are available that aren't normally as options.

-5 --> 16f punishers (4K for 25 dmg and +6 sideturn or 6P+KP 34 dmg into cancels)
    -6 --> 15f punishers (P+K, PK 49 dmg and +4 or 4K+G 26 dmg and +2 or K for 25 dmg and down)
    -7 --> 14f punishers (6PP 31dmg)
    -8 --> 13f punishers (4PPK 43 dmg)
    -9 --> 12f punishers (2P or PK)

Also note that you can pre buffer your punish for if you happened to evade the throw, as you won't get a CH if they choose to attack since the initial kick will still be in it's cancel frames so you just get a NH if you guessed wrong. Very little reason not to be preloading your buffer window with the best possible punish given the situation.

nou and Drift like this.
  17. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

More on this tech with K~G cancel chars. You can't use this tech at -8 against 13f moves, you'll get CH even if you try to use the fastest cancel possible. You also can't use this tech at -9 against 14f moves, you'll get CH there also. At -7 you'll get CH by 12f moves (Pai 3P+K )and at -6 you'll get CH by 11f moves.

Frames where you get CH still

-9 --> 14f moves CH (most elbows)
    -8 --> 13f moves CH (akira's elbows)
    -7 --> 12f moves CH (pai's 3P+K)
    -6 --> 11f moves CH
    -5 --> 10f moves CH (DS Vane's 3P)

nou and Unicorn like this.
  18. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Cozby, BLACKSTAR and Tricky like this.
  19. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Question!

I'm doing that arcadia magazine exercise for EDC and also am trying to practice ECDC. I do EDC (8-->66-->G, from -6) and I can quickly press 2G to block a i20 low sweep (Lion's). I try to do ECDC (8-->33-->G, from -6) and I always get hit by sweep. I also always get hit by throw too during ECDC.

Is this correct? If not, what results should I be expecting from ECDC?

If so, doesn't this make ECDC seem like pretty useless tech, aside from simply cancelling failed evade (since I cannot avoid throws or block lows that are faster than ~23f)? Should I just focus my dash cancelling efforts on just ECD alone?

EDIT: also, is ~19f the limit for Evade Dash Cancel? It seems like I cannot block Lion's half-circular 17f 3K if I evade to his chest

20. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

BLACKSTAR likes this.