1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dojo VF Tweets

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, Oct 21, 2022.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Using as a repository of VF tweets that would fall into Dojo section. Maybe one day specific info can be organized better!

How to prevent being thrown from the side. VF Wiki section on the Side Throw escape subject - https://virtuafighter.com/wiki/throw-escapes/#side-throw-escapes

For me, the explanation in the tweet is useful for escaping side throws when attacks forced you into a side-turned position.

I have a hard time looking at game screen processing escapes as "left" and "right" of the characters. Easier for me to process escapes as "back" or "forward" in relation to the characters on screen.

If opponent attempts side throw after successfully evading to the background your strike, the throw escape direction should be the back direction from opponent.

Vice versa, if opponent attempts side throw after successfully evading to the foreground your strike, the throw escape direction should be in the forward direction from opponent.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

oh my this is super helpful as the thrower when i want to mix up the side throw by waiting and doing the opposite direction non-sideturn throw. I had a hard time thinking it through but now i can just think do the opposite direction of where I evaded, background or foreground/ back or forwards. Thanks

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

the depleted health "red gauge" acts as an in-game frame meter.