1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Harada talks VF in a Dengeki interview, says a Bamco reboot would never be accepted by the players

Discussion in 'General' started by Jotamide, Mar 3, 2020.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

https://virtuafighter.com/threads/someone-needs-to-reboot-virtua-fighter-ed-boon.21349/#post-406604

It lines up with other rumours floating around and makes sense in the scheme of things overall. Look at the trademark renewal and Battle Genesis using VF5 assets for example.

2. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Am I missing something MadeMan or again no evidence was thrown on what he said ? ( I am not pointing my finger or anything but just asking).

I actually don't understand Japanese at all but usually able to handle translation across Japanese sites and I have never heard of any such thing.

If that's true and they put half on the development 3 times then kudos on them... They still care and care enough to avoid released trashy things and wanted to keep VF name clean.

And yes, Resident Evil 4 was reworked to death and then result is the best in the series.
    Half Life 2 was reworked multiple times and the result was amazing.
    Half Life Alyx releases tons of time after the last game and it is still of high quality.

If a publisher cares too much about the quality of it's game then they will most likely hit it right when the time is right. So... I only trust them for it.

Now I don't understand why they won't give us a proper VF5FS port to current gen tho .. there is no excuse not to.

NB. Please people, don't mention Duke Nukem Forever.... I think VF will follow the likes of RE, Zelda and Half Life rather than DNF when it comes to development hell.

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

@Tricky and @Ali
    He might not always be accurate on alot of things, but Maximillian Dood and even Matt Simmons, actually talked about it, when they were playing games on the yovideogames channel. I think Max or Simmons, did talk to a few sega staff, to get info. But apparently the sega staff themselves, said it was a rumour that was going on in sega. So even they don't know, if it's true or not.

The other rumour is that, and this might annoy alot of people, which was also mentioned on this forum in another topic, is that VF6 was apparently cancelled a few times, because sega apparently wanted to put more money, and shift development costs, to developing their more profitable, cash grab Yakuza game series, and Judgement. I hope this is not true.

But then again, these are just rumours.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  4. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

That's quite plausible but again I ahve never encountered these... I know Max.Dood can state baseless things as well..

Well, eventually things change and who knows maybe we will see something.

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. True.