1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help wanted: Plans for Content Management

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Darrius_Cole, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    I felt that I should let you guys know where my thoughts were in regards my being the content manager and how I intend to approach...errr....content management.

I want to state from the outset that I don't view this as a solo project. If I am the only one who is contributing then this is going to take forever. I need, and humbly ask for, all the help that I can get from any one who is willing and able to contribute.

I do consider it my job as content manager to try to focus the work a bit to keep us from doing double work.

That said, I consider the combo list to be low-hanging fruit and I want to get it first. This thread has about 200 combos in it already, many of them done by Sozos, and some done by other people. The very first thing I will do is get those into the combo database. In order to do that we have to address a specific concern.

Mike has said that he wants all combos to list the foot position AND THAT THE FOOT POSITION SHOULD BE MEASURED AFTER THE LAUNCH. Myke explained it like this...

He later pointed out

Thus it has been asked and settled and we have about 200 combos to re-check. It is not as bad as it sounds. Many or most of the combos listed work on both stances. And it should be possible for us to just check whether or not the launcher changes the foot stance or not and simply reverse the listed stance for all stance specific combos from launchers that do switch the stance.

I intend to spend this Saturday and Sunday getting as many combos from this thread into the official combo list that I can.

I am asking for volunteers to help test the combos. Since I am the only one who can enter combos into the official list, my goal is for me to spend all my time entering combos and not to spend any time testing combos. If we get enough volunteers then we should be able to get it done this weekend.

The combos are listed in sections according to their launcher; the launchers are numbered.

If you want to help I ask you to volunteer to test a section of the combos and state that in response to my post.

It is very important that you list what section you want to test in this thread. That way we anyone who wants to volunteer can look and see which combos are being tested by someone else and which ones are available, and the forum can avoid double work.

Edit: By default Sozos has already tested each combo for against each character in open and closed foot position BEFORE the launcher. We need the to check each character in each foot position after the launcher.

I will be updating this post to let us know which sections have volunteers for.

1. [K] - Koushutaii
    2. [6][6][K][P] - Renkan Tanheki
    3. [3][K][+][G] - Enbikyaku
    4. [2_][3][P][+][K] CH -Ensei Kosouha
    5. [4][6][P][+][K] - Tenshin Oushoushou
    6. [2][K][+][G] CH - Shi'en Settai
    7. Backturn [9][K] - Zenshu Koutenkyaku
    8. [4][6][6][P][+][K] sidecrumble - Shashinkou
    9. Hakkeshou [P] - Saigyu Bougetsu
    10. Hakkeshou [K] CH - Hi'en Shousui
    11. [1][P] - Rikensui
    12. [6][6][P][+][K] CH - Chouho Soukasui
    13. Backturn [K] ( -2 dmg compares to [3][K][+][G] ) - Koushutai
    14. bokutai [P][+][K] - Bokutai Kousoutai
    15. [6][K][+][G] (doesnt work against Taka) - Enbu Renkyaku
    16. bokutai > [K][+][G] ( doesnt work against Taka ) - Zensou Taitoukyaku
    17 . [3][P][K] charge [K] - Souka Senpukayaku
    [P][+][K] CH Sideturn (+16) - Ensei Katanheki

There is more info in the "Pai's combos" thread, such as commentary by other players and a section on Wall Combos. There are also other things that can lead to combos, for instance Pai has a few throws that can lead to combos. As I said though, I want to get the low-hanging fruit first. We will add other things to the list soon after we get these done.

Ylyon likes this.
  2. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Maybe we can open sections/threads about global mechanics of the game for our character:

Such as:
    -anti yutori tech
    -anti evade tech
    -zoning
    -wall game

3. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Good idea it should be done by any good pai player with any real talent in this area not just Darrius Cole the content manager. Would each mechanic be in its own thread or would it be in 1 thread all at once. It should be the general consensus of many players not just the word of 1 person.

4. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    My thoughts were that the ability to edit the first post is the key point to keep these clear. (that's why I asked before making tons of new threads ^^' because I do have many questions for these!!)

Once created anybody could answer and talk about these points without any problems. The more accurate a post is the more it would be likely to appear in the first one.

5. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    Go ahead and make the threads.

It's your idea, and your project. Layout your ideas according to your vision as best you can. State what you want the discussion to be about and how you want it to go. If you make the first post you can always edit it later if you need to make the idea more clear.

I'll back you up as best I can. I'll sticky the threads, and offer whatever support I can. Just PM me.

Make a separate one for each tech. That'll make it easier to reference the data in the thread in the future. If the threads are successful. The data will probably end up in the wiki. Once it is said and done.

P.S.

If any of you have an idea for a discussion about any aspect of the game regarding Pai, go for it. You don't have to wait for me. If you still feel that you need my blessing, I am officially giving it now.

BlueLink and akai like this.