1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

High level gameplay with entire cast Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, Apr 14, 2022.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Mods delete this incase repost(link me OG thread if there), but I've tried googling and I haven't seen a thread dedicated to showcasing high-level gameplay with the entire roster. I would like names of pros/highly skilled, who main the less popular characters - better yet youtube videos link.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Not what you are looking for but:

- You can check out Underground Arena's introduction post for the characters where 19 expert players (one for each character) has a link to their twitter/youtube channel. https://virtuafighter.com/threads/underground-arena-blog.21821/

- For high level play, you can always go through the event threads and wade through the tournament streams. All the Sega official events are time-stamped so you can go to whichever match you want to see...plus they are all high-level gameplay. https://virtuafighter.com/threads/season-0-2nd-challenge-cup.21822/

3. GustavoHeisenberg

Thank you very much

akai likes this.
  4. Thank you for sharing. I didn't know about these videos until now.
    @GustavoHeisenberg : in case you didn't know you can always spectate Room Matches in VF5US (at least on the Japanese version).
    Also, if you want to see a good Sara player there is a "AVDC..." (forgot the rest) player who is in online Room Matches that's good.

beanboy and GustavoHeisenberg like this.
  5. GustavoHeisenberg

The underground blog is offline, I'm posting the content from wayback machine

6. GustavoHeisenberg

» Japanese Top players Interview “Zonchan” as the Lei-fei master
    Japanese Top players Interview “Zonchan” as the Lei-fei master
    JANUARY 17, 2022HIMAJEAN
    1.How many the approximate number of matches you have played with this character since you started playing? (Since VF5)
    150,000 matches
    2. Please list 3 strong points of this character and explain how strong they are.
    Strength 1.
    In the VFes (VF5US) he has one of the best wall attacks of all characters.
    It’s difficult to deal with even if opponents know what he’s doing, so damage is highly expected when a wall is nearby.
    Strengths 2.
    Lei-fei, as the unique character, makes it easy to win regardless of character strength or compatibility if the opponent is not prepared for the character.
    Strengths 3.
    There are many things you can do with this character, so your play can be completely different and unique.
    3. Please list three weaknesses of this character and explain how they are weak.
    Weakness 1.
    It opposites of Strength 1 is that this character tends to be stage-dependent, so especially on low-fence stages, this character’s power is blatantly reduced.
    Weakness 2.
    This is also the opposite of Strength 2. If your opponent has countermeasures against your character, you will have a hard time winning. Also, you don’t know how well your opponent understands Lei Fei at the beginning, so you need to figure it out as you play.
    Weakness 3.
    As a stance character, he is more prone to getting hit by a hit-and-run than a standard character, so she needs to be more sensitive in some situations.
    4. Please list three moves that you think are particularly strong for this character, and explain the characteristics and usage of each move.
    [9K+G]
    This is a move that has been around since Lei Fei was added in VF4, and if I include CPU matches and training mode, I’ve done this move a million times since VF4. It’s a two-legged combo launcher that can be used to deal consistent damage against crouching attacks. It’s a mid-risk, mid-return move with -10F guard, but it can easily be turned into a -9F or -8F with a tip guard. You can use this move when you have an advantage, when you have a disadvantage, or suddenly when you see each other, and it will help you a lot in the future.
    [3K]
    A 15F one-legged move used by Lei Fei, who doesn’t have a one-command move that can generate elbows. There are many opportunities to use this move, such as attacking back after guarding an opponent’s move.
    [6PP+K+G]
    VFes (VF5US) Lei Fei’s core move, an important move that can be used to push from a stance even if it is guarded. This is the most important move to learn when using this character, as it can kill opponents who don’t have the character countermeasures. But be careful, because if you avoid the belly, you will get hit.
    5. What advice would you give to players who want to improve their skills with this character?
    It depends on how much your opponent knows about Lei-fei. Sometimes you can win easily against higher ranked players, but sometimes you will struggle against lower ranked players who know Lei-fei. If you want to improve your skills, it’s important to learn the frames and not skip them. The feeling of exhilaration you get when you can use the corner of a wall to take out 70-80% of your opponent’s health at once is exceptional, so it can be said that this character is worth the training. I’m not saying it’s limited to Lei Fei, but I think it’s important that you don’t skimp on the basics, make sure you have Nitaku, and defend yourself well.
    Zonchan
    Twitter https://twitter.com/you6pk
    Streaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk-8mm2K3iRz91rji2sKe-Q
    About the author
    HIMAJEAN
    Playing Virtua Fighter for 12 years (since VF5R), mostly in the Tokyo area. Currently resides in Toronto, Canada, and has been active in the North American (USA, Canada, Mexico) online environment since VFes and VF5US went live in June 2021.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZERO_HIMAJEAN
    【Career】
    ・Kakuto Shinseiki Ⅵ Best16
    ・PRE BEAT-TRIBE cup 2012 Best8
    ・PRE BEAT-TRIBE cup 2013 Finalist
    ・SBO2021 Finalist
    ・SEGA World Apollo cup Winner
    ・Otenami Haiken cup Winner
    UPDATED: January 17, 2022

7. GustavoHeisenberg

https://undergroundarena.net/?p=34
    3 captures
    19 Jan 2022 - 8 Mar 2022
    JAN MAR APR
    Previous capture 08 Next capture
    2021 2022 2023
    Skip to content
    Underground Arena.net
    The Virtua Fighter bridge between Japan and the world.
    Menu
    Home » Japanese Top players Interview “Kumicho” as the Wolf master
    Japanese Top players Interview “Kumicho” as the Wolf master
    JANUARY 17, 2022HIMAJEAN
    1.How many the approximate number of matches you have played with this character since you started playing? (Since VF5)
    I’ve played 185,000 matches of VF5, VF5R, and VF5FS for the arcades, a little over 10,000 matches of VF5 and VF5FS for the home consoles (xbox360 and PS3), and 5,000 matches of VFes for the arcades and home consoles, so almost 200,000 matches in total.
    Even now, I’m working not only on online VFes, but also on the survival of the VF scene and community in arcades in Japan.
    2. Please list 3 strong points of this character and tell us how it is strong.
    Strength 1
    He has power and multiple sources of damage, and can deliver high firepower in all situations, including two choices, punishments, flanking attacks, wall attacks, and tech roll attacks. There are also plenty of cards that can cripple your opponent’s attacks and defense.
    He rarely gets bogged down in both offense and defense, and while he’s a strong thrower as he looks, he also has a variety of striking moves. (Especially half-rotating strikes).
    Strength 2
    His weight allows him to take less damage from combos than other characters, and he has less distance to be carried by floaters. In addition, he has a lot of moves that have a longer reach than others.
    Strength 3
    He has a high ring out ability and a strong wall attack, so he can show off his strengths on any stage. This means that Wolf’s combat power does not fluctuate much depending on the stage.
    In other words, you can use that stage to use tactics that your opponent doesn’t like.
    (For example, you can use a low-fence stage against Eileen Blaze, which makes it easier for her to ring out, or you can use a narrow stage against Shun, which prevents him from gaining drinking power by keeping distance.)
    3. Please list three weaknesses of this character and tell me how they are weak.
    Weakness 1
    His moves have a large swing radius, which makes it difficult for him to accurately exploit the gap when he misses an attack. It’s hard to control the risk when you turn to attack.
    There are not enough linkage moves, so the flow is not very continuous.
    Weakness 2
    There are a lot of moves and combos that are difficult to input commands for, and the operational load is high. As a result, it’s easy to lose awareness of the importance of reading each other’s moves and making a quick attack.
    Weakness 3
    There are few moves that can be used to safely finish off an opponent in the latter half of a round, making him vulnerable to a grinding battle when both players are down to their last remaining health.
    4.Please list three moves that you think are particularly strong for this character and explain the characteristics and usage of each move.
    [3K+G]
    This is a strong move with high firepower on normal hits, and even if it’s blocked, it doesn’t suffer a definite counterattack. The most notable thing about this move is how easy it is to perform.
    It can be performed with a single command, or by holding the lever in the 3 position and inputting K+G.
    Aside from its slow onset speed, it is an almost perfect item. This is the mainstay of Wolf’s strategy.
    It can be used in a wide variety of ways, including long range, attacks for tech roll, and rampages.
    [66P+G]
    One of the main offense moves in this game is to throw your opponent when they are standing in guard or avoiding you, but if they can read the direction of your throw, they will throw you out of the way.
    However, this 66P+G is excellent for taking 50 damage while not being able to throw break and is especially strong in flanking and tech roll attacks.
    [6P+G]
    This throw has the fastest generation speed in the game. If you throw a normal throw, the opponent will crouch and avoid the throw, but you can throw it before they crouch.
    Moreover, even if you are throw broken, you will be out of range and can easily escape from the opponent’s attack.
    5.What advice would you give to players who want to improve their skills with this character?
    It’s important to be aware of and practice the various throwing moves and screw hooks (63214P) that require a lot of command input, as well as the many combo-starting moves so that you can unleash them in actual combat without making mistakes.
    In addition, since he doesn’t have a lot of handy moves, he’s often on the defensive, it’s also important to polish defensive skills and make sure you know what moves you are guarding.
    Also, don’t overdo the details of the game, and you’ll need to cultivate the intuition and courage to go for the two choices with big moves!
    Kumicho
    Twitter https://twitter.com/kmc_tb
    Streaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfWZFNoci_9YxPkd3SRUKoQ
    About the author
    HIMAJEAN
    Playing Virtua Fighter for 12 years (since VF5R), mostly in the Tokyo area. Currently resides in Toronto, Canada, and has been active in the North American (USA, Canada, Mexico) online environment since VFes and VF5US went live in June 2021.
    【Career】
    ・SBO2021 Finalist
    UPDATED: January 18, 2022

8. GustavoHeisenberg

https://undergroundarena.net/?p=40

Home » Japanese Top players Interview “YOU” as the Sarah master
    Japanese Top players Interview “YOU” as the Sarah master
    JANUARY 17, 2022HIMAJEAN
    1.Approximately how many matches have you played with this character since VF5?(Since VF5)

Over 100,000 matches

2. Please list 3 strong points of this character and tell us how it is strong.

Strength 1

Tech roll attack is one of the strongest features of Sarah.

After hitting a 6pk, you can use his tech roll attack to pile on the middle and bottom moves. Also, you can punish opponents who don’t like it and don’t take a passive attack. The fact that it has both of these is what makes her strong.

Strength 2

She has a high ability to push.

She has an offense-oriented stance called Flamingo, which forces the opponent to deal with it even if the user is just attacking normally and puts the burden on the receiver.

Strength 3

She has all kinds of techniques.

There is a wide variety of moves with different attributes and genesis. KP, 4K, 6PK, 2P+KK, 9K, 4K+G, and many more are some of the strongest moves in the entire game. The only thing she doesn’t have is a bottom throw. She can be used as a standard character, or she can be made to push the game.

3. Please list three weaknesses of this character and tell us how they are weak.

Weakness 1

Main moves have a short reach.

In all situations, she will suffer from backdashes and whiff moves.

Weakness 2

Cheap Damage dealing.

Especially against top-tier characters and heavyweights, you’re losing on damage race in every situation. Especially against heavyweight characters, if you’re using aerial combos, your combos will be significantly cheaper, while your opponent’s will be higher. The cheap P+G throw is also a significant negative point.

Weakness 3

Defense is more difficult than other characters. Since she is a lightweight, she will get tons of damage by opponent’s launchers. The fact that she has almost no specific defensive moves means that you needs to use your own skills to protect yourself.

4. List three moves that you think make this character particularly strong and tell us the characteristics and usage of each move.

Induces stumbling on crouching hit, and flamingo stance 3K is almost guaranteed (technically recoverable). A move that transitions into Flamingo stance and keeps you in the game even if it’s guarded. If you’re having trouble breaking a crouch, you can use this move to break your opponent’s defensive rhythm

KP

14F launcher, back half circular.

Counter hit does knee class damage, this is a Sarah’s version of Bil Jee (Jacky’s 6P+K).

High performance that even the top characters would want. Personally, I think it’s Sarah’s strongest move. It can be used in a variety of situations: as a rampage move at slight disadvantage, or as an option at advantage.

6PK

The so-called elbow. It is one of the best elbows in the game, except for its reach.

The essence of Sara is her passive attack after connecting. It is the starting point for the strongest tech roll attack. Once you have an advantage, start with the elbow. Seeing the opponent’s options, she chooses her next option. It is truly a starting point technique. And yet, it is one of the best.

5.What advice would you give to players who want to improve their skills with this character?

This character’s performance can be summed up in one word: offense-focused.

Developing your offense will lead to victory. You can use it in a standard way, and you can also use your stance to take away your opponent’s health at once. For standard, learn from YOU or Puyo. For anomalies, I recommend looking at the plays of Julieta, FP, and Fernandio. Also, a hybrid play in that area is Kyou-chan. Of course, I’m sure there are other players who can be helpful as well, so please refer to them as well. However, if you refer to any player’s play as it is, you will get hurt, so I recommend that you extract the parts that you can use in your own way.

I think you can get to a higher stage by making various offensive set-ups of the players mentioned above your own and increasing the number of offensive techniques you can use.

There are very few top-ranked Virtua Fighter players who are not good at defense, and not just Sarah players. However, it seems that most Sarah players tend to neglect their defense.

I think it’s because when they get stuck, they’ve been able to get through the wall by improving their offense, but when you really get stuck, I recommend you look at their defense.

YOU

Twitter https://twitter.com/you6pk

Streaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk-8mm2K3iRz91rji2sKe-Q

About the author

HIMAJEAN

【Career】

・SBO2021 Finalist

UPDATED: January 19, 2022
    CATEGORIES: JAPANESE TOP PLAYERS INTERVIEW SERIES, VIRTUA FIGHTER

9. GustavoHeisenberg

https://undergroundarena.net/?p=60

Home » Japanese Top players Interview “Jin” as the Kage master
    Japanese Top players Interview “Jin” as the Kage master
    JANUARY 20, 2022HIMAJEAN
    1.Approximately how many matches have you played with this character since VF5?

If I add up all the things I’ve done, I’d say I’ve played about 300,000 matches, but that’s so long I have no idea.

2.Please list three strengths of this character and tell me how strong they are.

Strength 1

Throw
     First of all, 46P+G.
     This is a throw that does a lot of damage in basic combos, 100 if a wall is involved, and can even get you ringed out. Basically, it’s important to create a strategy to pass this throw, or create an offensive pattern to make the opponent aware of this throw. You can also use 63214P+G, P+G, and 6P+G to switch places, making it easy to get a spot.

Strength 2

Less risky moves.
     There are a lot of moves with little negative frame and a lot of derivatives, so there is little risk in attacking.In addition, with the lightweight P, it is easy to create a situation where the opponent can’t easily counterattack.

Strength 3

Flanking Attack
     4P (+4 to the side) is advantageous when guarded, 4P+KP (+4 after a side hit) makes the second hit from the side unguardable, and 6P+G (+4 after a side hit) from the side.
     6P+G from the side, consecutive Jumonji PK hits from elbow counters or 4K counters, and There are a variety of options that can compensate for the low firepower while reducing the risk even more than a normal reading match. It’s a great way to make up for low firepower.

3. List three weaknesses of this character and tell us how they are weak.

Weakness 1

Low damage dealing.
     It comes out reasonably fast, and there are no options that can take a lot of damage on a normal hit. There are no rampaging moves that can be performed with a single command. It has the weakest fixed counterattack of all the characters, both standing and crouching. Also, you can’t take a lot of damage unless you get involved with the sides or a wall, so you’re at a disadvantage if you’re playing against the center of the ring.

Weakness 2

There is no (useful) full circular attack.
     Since there is no full circular attack that can be used as an alternative of strong throws, it is necessary to read the direction of avoidance. The risk of being dodged by any half-rotation attack is high.

Weakness 3

You can’t take a risk on an opponent who doesn’t tech roll.
     The down attack is weak and has no effective bounce combo. So it is difficult to take a risk against an opponent who does not tech roll. There are times when you can dig up 2P+K and combo with it, but However, the risk-reward ratio is not good, as the kage side will be at a disadvantage if they are caught.

Weakness 4

Weak middle and low attacks.
     Lightweight P, 4P, 4K+G, and other high attacks are relatively strong, but there are few moves that are strong in the middle and low. Also, the reach is not very long, and the judgement is weak except for 2_3P. The low moves are only a linear (there is also a 66K, but it is weak).

4.Please list three moves that you think are particularly strong for this character, and tell us the characteristics and usage of each move.

46P+G

As mentioned above, the basic combo is 80, and if a wall is involved, you can aim for 100 and even ring out. It is important to learn the combo for each situation first and never fail.

4K+GP+G

4K+GP+G is a half-circular attack that can be used to deal damage if touched, regardless of whether you hit or guard.
     It is not too fast, so it is also effective against bending.

4P(K)

As for the third one, there are several other strong moves (2_3P, 4K, 46P+K), so I guess it’s a matter of preference. However, I would like to mention this move. The first hit can be used to get an advantage regardless of whether you hit or guard, it has a long reach, and it can suppress backdashes. In many cases, this move can be used as a starting point to make the opponent aware of the second hit and continue the attack. It is fast and can be used as a definitive counterattack.
     If you know your character, your opponent’s character, and the position of the wall or ring, you can expect a great return.

5.Please give some advice to players who want to improve their skills with this character.

Kage is an interesting character, although he can be difficult to play because of his less damage dealing.
    You can aim for the ring out by understanding the position, or attack by reading the opponent’s evasion direction. Also, by understanding the system, there are many situations where the greatest counterattack depends on your position. (For example, if you corner your opponent against a wall and guard a low attack, your maximum punishment will be P+K instead of Suzaku.)

Beginner

Take the damage you can get.
    There are many situations where Kage can score a 4PK with a confirmed counterattack.
    If you’re a beginner, you’ll want to be aware of the -13 damage you can take. In addition, there are many situations where the combo you can get into depends on the opponent’s character, foot position, and situation.
    So, don’t lose your combos.
    The unit price is cheap, so it’s not worth it if you drop the combo you’re about to perform.

Intermediates

If you’re an intermediate player, you need to be aware of the risk-reward of your choices.
    The basic tactic is to suppress the opponent’s action with fine techniques and half-rotation attacks, and then pass through the main 46P+G. However, slow players tend to misunderstand this point, and tend to shoot “techniques that hit” or “techniques that can be comboed”.
    As mentioned above, the damage dealing of kage is cheap, so even if you hit a move that hits, the kage is at a disadvantage, and if you hit a move that can be used in a combo, the risk is too great.

Advanced players

Analyze the situation.

As mentioned above, the combos and effective options for kage keep changing depending on your position, so it’s important to choose the option that will give you the greatest return in each situation. This is the part I am most conscious of.

In addition, kage is quick to develop both offensively and defensively.
    You need to be aware of the frame and choose the best action. In a +6 advantage situation, are you able to choose between a throw and 2_3P? In a disadvantageous situation, can you mitigate the risk by using different methods such as passing guard, bending, evading, and K-canceling?

Jin

Twitter https://twitter.com/jin_hm

Streaming https://www.youtube.com/user/jinkagevf5

About the author

HIMAJEAN

【Career】

・SBO2021 Finalist

UPDATED: January 21, 2022
    CATEGORIES: JAPANESE TOP PLAYERS INTERVIEW SERIES, VIRTUA FIGHTER
    Post navigation