1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Combos help

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Trykt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Hey guys, I'm doing my best to fill out the Combos section for the site for Jeffry. The combos I've listed so far are basically just what's in my head, I haven't scoured combo threads or anything. I'd really appreciate feedback on what's there and especially any corrections (hopefully none! I try hard to check and make sure everything listed is legit), additions, or improvements.

I've definitely still got some more to add, like sober combos for Shun and some odds and ends for flop knockdown moves that give short combos. If there's anything glaring missing though please give me a shout.

If you want to suggest something please keep in mind that it needs to be a "true" combo to be listed. Also try to make sure it's worth noting, for example if it does more damage than what's currently listed or is a good sobering combo for Shun, or if it's especially good at carrying to the edge of the ring or sending them flying over a half-wall! If you've got any traps with a 1 frame tech window or something, those can't currently be listed - though I'd like to see them since there may be a section for such "combos" in the future.

Thanks for any and all help, it is much appreciated!

http://virtuafighter.com/combos/index.php?ver=5fsa&chara=jeffry

2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Starting here would be a good idea.

Kruza

EvenPit likes this.
  3. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Yep, I've been playing Jeffry for a while and that's where I got all my original combo info from. Mostly I just want people to take a look at the Combos section as it stands to see what I've filled out and see what they think and what they can add!

4. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Just write up all the relevat comboes you can find, test them and list them to one thread and people can add up into there.

5. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
  6. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    That list is missing a lot of stuff, that's why you should first compile all comboes on a post before putting them up to there.

7. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    That page IS the list. I don't have anything extra beyond what's listed there - I know I haven't listed Heavy Dunk Hammer or some of the flop knockdown moves but those are much less important than filling out all the real combo starters to me right now. I'll get to them. Any other tips about what's missing?

edit: I just realized you might be referring to all the different enders Jeffry can use - right now it's an intentional decision to list only the the max damage, most reliable combo ender for each combo's intended weight class. Which basically means I'm listing [2][K][P] a lot, and listing [4][3][P][P] in a few places where it's a strictly better ender, since they do the same juggle damage. Basically there'd be waaaaaaaaay too many redundant combos listed for no real benefit if every ender was listed. Not to say different enders don't have their merits but it's something better saved for the wiki.

8. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex

Here's a few which I don't see listed and if you already do i apologise.

[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] [2][1][4][P][+][K] [3][3][P] [2][K][P] damage 105 normal hit on both stances Eileen, Blaze, and Aoi. Can work on Sarah but have to be touching distance.

[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] [2][1][4][P][+][K] [3][3][P] [2][K][P] damage 122 counter hit on both stances, works up to Brad, Lau, and Lei. End with [4][K][P] for everyone else both stances for 120 damage (only on open stance v Jeff). End with [P] [6][6][P][P] closed stance or [P][4][K][P] open stance for Eileen, Blaze, and Aoi for damage 125.

[6][K] [P] [2][1][4][P][+][K] [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] [3][P][+][K] damage 111 counter hits only. Works on all light characters and Lion. Can work on light mid weights if they can't precise tech roll (except Shun).

Everything needs retesting because I is lazy.

9. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Awesome, this is exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I will test all this before I list it for sure, thanks.

10. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    It's also missing ALL 1K+G juggles, and a lot of other comboes could be refined for more damage and/or consistency on characters they work. I can list all of my Jeff comboes at some point.

11. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Yeah, [1][K]+[G] is on my list of things to add - I just personally never use it outside of mid-combo so I decided to push it near the back of the line. Soon, though.

I'd really appreciate any refinements or missing combos you'd like to share, thanks!

12. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Oooooooooooookay the list has been significantly updated since my last post. Should have combos for every starter Jeffry has, short of backturned and wall attack stuff (which is on my list of things to do). I certainly don't expect to have optimized damage for everything at this point yet but there are at least "good" options for every starter.

There are more powerful combos that I've discovered for some moves and situations but I'm hesitant to list them because of consistency issues (mostly wall stuff, requires a lot of judgement based on distance and character). I'm going mostly for combos that are consistent and reliable to be listed - I've listed a few that are kind of pushing it anyway, but I got them to work often enough that I'd feel good trying for them in a match if the situation presented itself.

Anyway, would appreciate any further feedback in this point about stuff that's still missing or could be improved!

Chefboy_OB likes this.
  13. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I guess I can just copy paste my incomplete combo list, most of the stuff is pretty much the same as already listed, but there are a lot of new stuff too. Excuse the lack of damage, but I'm sure you're going to test all of the comboes anyway so you can get the damage then.

--------

AKIRA

3PP, 2P, 2KP_66PP

33P, P, 46P+K, 43PP_2KP_66PP

6K, P, 46P+K, 43PP_2KP_66PP

3K+G, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 66PP (Closed)

46P, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 4KP (Closed)
    46P, 43P+K, hcfP+K, 4KP (Open)

1K+G, dash P+K+G, Threat PP, 43PP_2KP_66PP

hcfP+K, 6_P, qcbP+K, dash KPK

9GnK, 2P, 4KP (Open)

GOH

3K+G, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 66PP (Closed)

1K+G, 33P, 2P, 66PP

3PP, P,P, 4KP (Closed)
    3PP, P, KPP (Closed)

9GnK, 2P, 4KP (Open)

JEAN

6K, P, 46P+K, 43PP_2KP_66PP

1K+G, 33P, 2P, 66PP

46P, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 66PP (Open)
    46P, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 4KP

KP, 2P, 4KP (Open)
    KP~P+K+G, Threat PP, 43PP_2KP_66PP (Closed)

(Opponent's back against wall) 1P+K, P, 46P+K, 2KP (Open)

LAU

9GnK, 2P, 6PP
    9GnK, 2P, 4KP (Open)

1K+G, 33P, 2P, 66PP
    1K+G, delay hcfP+K, 66PP
    1K+G dash P, 46P+K, 43PP_2KP_66PP (Closed)

KP~P+K+G, Threat PP, 43PP_2KP_66PP (Closed)

[1P+K guard]P, 33P, 2P, 66PP
    [1P+K guard]P, delay hcfP+K, 66PP
    [1P+K guard]P, dash P, 46P+K, 43PP_2KP_66PP (Closed)

[PP]P CH, hcfP+K, 66PP

WOLF

3PP, 2P, 4KP (Closed)
    3PP, 2KP

6K, P, KPP (Open)
    6K, P, P, 66PP
    6K, P, 2P, 66PP (Closed)
    CH 6K, P, 46P+K, 2KP (Closed)
    CH 6K, P, 46P+K, 66PP

33P, P, P_2P, 66PP
    33P, P, P, 2KP (Open)
    33P, P, KPP (Open)
    33P (hit on frame 21~23) P, 46P+K, 2KP_66PP (Closed)
    33P (hit on frame 22~23) P, 46P+K, 66PP (Open)
    CH 33P, P, 46P+K, 2KP (Closed)
    CH 33P, P, 46P+K, 66PP
    CH 33P (hit on frame 21~23) P, 43P+K, KPK

hcfP+K, P, 43P+K, KPK
    CH hcfP+K, qcbP+K, 33P, 66PP

1K+G, dash P+K+G, Threat PP, 2KP (Closed)
    1K+G, hcfP+K, 2P, 4KP (Open)

3K+G, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 66PP

46P, qcbP+K, hcfP+K, 66PP

[PP]CH P, dash P, 2KP_43PP

CH KP~P+K+G, Threat PP, 2KP (Closed)
    CH KP, 2P, 4KP (Open)

Threat PP, P, 2KP_43PP

Threat 6P!P+G, 43P+K, KPP

WALL COMBO

Wall stagger starters: 4P+K, 2K+G
    Wall splat starter: 3K
    6K (ommit if 3K starter), hcfP+K, 43P+K, 6_P, qcbP+K, 1P+K, 2KP

---------

There you have it. Keep in mind it's incomplete, I will be filling it up as time goes and maybe post the updates here if necessarry. Some stuff listed on some characters might work on others as well, but I've basically filled the list as something comes into my mind and I have a certain character set up against me in Dojo.

Strider786 likes this.
  14. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    That's hugely helpful, thanks! I will certainly go through and test to see what I can add. I'm still testing and working on my own stuff too; I have a feeling the wall combos are going to be done/organized very differently before I'm done. I'm really hoping to find more damaging combos for things like [3][P]+[K] on more characters before I'm done.

Props to Kamais Ookin for the Jeffry only combo on that move btw :)

15. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    HCF[P][+][K](ch) -> [6][K] -> [P] -> [4][3][P][+][K] -> [6][6][K][+][G] 125 damage - either stance

HCF[P][+][K](ch) -> [6][K] -> [P] -> [4][3][P][+][K] -> [K][P][K] 128 damage - open stance -

HCF[P][+][K](ch) -> [6][K] -> [6_][P] -> [4][3][P][+][K] -> [6][6][K][+][G] -> wall slump -> [2][K][P] - 142 damage - either stance. Carries to wall from around mid stage (12x12)

HCF[P][+][K](ch) -> [6][K] -> [6_][P] -> [6][6] -> wall bounce -> QCB[P][+][K] -> [6][6][K][+][G] -> [2][K][P] - 146 damage - either stance. Bit closer to wall than previous combo.

HCF[P][+][K](ch) -> [6][K] -> [1][K][+][G] -> wall bounce -> [4][3][P][+][K] -> [6][6][K][+][G] -> [2][K][P] - 149 damage - either stance. Slightly closer than previous combo. Strict.

Combos work on Eileen, Blaze and Aoi. Aoi has to be slightly closer to the wall than the other two. Cant get last combo to work on Aoi due to strict distance requirement. Might be possible tho.

Might be better stuff off HCF[P][+][K] -> Knee but these were the best I could find. Counter hit on such a slow move is pretty unrealistic and probably only useful for beating up RD/Tenchi/MonkeySpazRun spammers but still fun!

Also, without the wall they're only marginally better than the HCF[P][+][K] -> QCB[P][+][K] combos which also work on normal hit and on more characters.

16. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Elite, a nice way to land HCF P+K as counter-hit is to use it as an "evade+jab" beater from advantage. Its linear nature allows it to be evaded (which you want for this tech), but its long execution will cause it to track after a successful evade if the opponent presses a button. It won't work all the time, but if your opponent is evade+jab happy, this will cause serious pain.

I mentioned this tech and this specific attack some time ago:
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/successful-evade-and-slow-attacks.16336/#post-332690

Elite likes this.
  17. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    It happens more often than you'd think. I got Joho with at least one counter hit at WB7. Would have been cool If I had some max damage combos lined up ahead of time...

18. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    When in doubt, you can always just do
    HCF[P][+][K] [K][P] [K]+[P]+[G] Threat [P][P] --> Ender

Very easy, ridiculous damage, works on most of the light to midweights

19. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    yeah, but it's kinda weak is it not?

20. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Made some relatively significant updates to the combo list this week: http://virtuafighter.com/combos/index.php?ver=5fsa&chara=jeffry

Mostly housekeepking, but there's some new Taka specific combos and I think breaking out Wall combos into their own categories made the list significantly easier to read.

I still need a Post Round Sobering category, plus I need to go through and verify all combos where [4][3][P][P] is interchangeable with [2][K][P] and [6][6][P][P]. The more I play the more I realize how important it is to utilize all 3 of these enders to mix up the oki situation they have to deal with afterward.

I'm curious if anyone's learned anything new from the list and had it help them in matches, or if they've tried something and had trouble with it. I'm pretty proud of where the list is now so any feedback is appreciated!