1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

KP punishment

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by ultralewis, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    I went back to VF4 evo. One of her tactics was to punish a move of Wolf`s with KP. Anyway after successful punishment it say`s you can follow up with 2KK so long as they fail to recover quickly.

Now that I am playing VF5 would anyone like to enlighten me with further attacks by other character`s that can be punished with KP then followed up with other attacks, please also take into consideration weight, quick recover and stance etc. Thank`s

(I will be doing the math`s and comparing soon.)

2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Well, I don't even know that... but if it still knocks down on recovery then you'd have to count all the moves in the game that leave the opponent in -14 or more and standing.... that's quite a few moves I believe.
    Go to commands and use the filter to check on that [​IMG]
    Or just wait a bit for someone (maybe me) to write them down.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Go to the movelists and check for moves that don't recover crouching and are -15 or more on block. Those you can punish with [K][P]-> combo. Note: even though K is 14 frame attack, you need an extra frame for the hit to count as a recovery counter and float.

Example: Akiras yoho and DM P+K. Blocked doublepalm also but Im not sure if the range is too great.

(as a combo [K][P] -> [P] -> [4][K]+[G] -> [3][3][K] on lights for example)

4. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

You have to hold -> toward the opponent when you do KP in order to float them, for mCs. Otherwise you will need MC, not mC.

Sarah's voice is different when you do 6_K instead of just K.

You can punish any move that's -15 with 6_KP float, as per what Manji said.

Also the combo Manji mentioned KP, P, 4K+G, insert ending(33K, 2_6K+G, 7K+G, etc.) works on MC all the way up to Lau in weight. - the characters I remember that it does not work on, are: Akira, Wolf, Jeffry, and Lei Fei).

It is character dependent on what you need to do. The trick is to 1 frame delay your 4K+G, or fastest buffered timing your 4K+G.

I think the combo does something like 69 pts of damage for the MC. But remember, if it's mC it only works on light weights then. MC it works all the way up to Lau's weight.

5. ultralewis

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    I do not have a proper way of testing these out unless I remember to do them in a fight. I`d imgine the following attack`s could be punished with the KP or more importantly 6_KP.

Sarah`s PPPK
    Brad`s PPPK
    Any flying knee attack guarded.
    ?? Possibly defended knee attack`s 6k ??

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes, they are punishable by [6_][K][P]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Any flying knee attack guarded.
    </div></div>
    I dont know what you mean by this, Sarahs [6][6][K] is safe on block.

more moves punishable with KP:
    Brads [6][6][K] (launching knee where he hops a little)
    Kages [6][K]+[G] (cartwheel kick), [4][K][K][K]
    Sarahs [3][3][K], flamingo [8][P]+[K] or [2][P]+[K]
    Wolfs [6][P][P], short shoulder
    Jeffs [4][3][P][P], knee, KKP, DM P+K

uhh... Ill continue later [​IMG]
    Dont forget you can also easily duck and then punish high moves, it works easy with KP.

7. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Is this necessary?

http://virtuafighter.com/commands/

8. ultralewis

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    Yeah you probably got a point, but one very good pointer here was K_P. I would just of been doing KP the whole time.

KP is also a good source of fiber, protein and vitamins too!!

9. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    </div> </div></div>

It's most probably tasty (like all peanuts)... but damn... so much fat 0_o

10. ultralewis

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn... so much fat 0_o </div></div>

KP is more lethal than anyone gave it credit for IMO.