Updated December 4, 2021 - In a live stream, Sega revealed information related to VF5US downloadable content, game update, season 0 events, and additional VF-related products!
Thes stream starts off with an exhibition match between Gakusei Sarah & Haato-sama (winners of the 1st Challenge Cup U19 & FREE, respectively). This is followed by a Legends Kumite with the viewers. The last segment of the stream contains the VF news!
Yakuza Collaboration DLC Pack -
Available for purchase on December 8 for 1,100 yen (~10 US dollars). For a more detailed look at the Yakuza collaboration please check out the Virtua Fighter x Yakuza post! The pack will include:
- Addition of 650 customizable items (From previous Final Showdown items and new items)
- Addition of Costume D Type for the 19 characters.
- Yakuza series costumes for the 19 characters.
- 20 Yakuza series BGM
- 20 Virtua Fighter 3 Arrange BGM
- 40 additional stamps
Costume D and Additional Items
Stamps and VF3 Arrange Music. A preview of all 40 stamps can be seen on Game Watch (scroll to the bottom of article).
Some upcoming updates to the game were also revealed:
- The weekly Regular Tournament Mode (still in Beta) will change its matchmaking to prioritize "players' compatibility"
- Fix an issue of the rank gauge bonus from the Tournament Mode to be saved to your account immediately.
- Added a new Room Mode option to cancel an ongoing Tournament, League, or Team Battle within the room.
- Currently, at certain angles, the walls of a stage becomes invisible. In the next update, the walls will now be semi-transparent!
Challenge Cup 2
Season 0 of Sega's official VF events continues next year! The second half of Season 0 will have the same format for the FREE Challenge Cup portion. In addition, the winner and runner-up of the Challenge Cup will have the option to get a pro license with the Japan e-Sports Union (JeSU). VFes is officially a licensed title of the JeSU, thus making it easier for pro-licensed players to compete for prize money legally in Japan. Seiji Aoki would like to increase the amount of pro licensed VF players in the future. Information about JeSU and additional details on the subject came from both Asahi News and Hochi News.
Instead of an Under 19 division that had a smaller turnout in the first portion of Season 0, Sega has chose to increase the age limit to 22 or younger (U22) division.
Available on Christmas, three alcoholic products by the Shiraito Sake Brewery will have unique VF-related labels for 11 of the characters. Like some of the other VF-related products announced a couple months ago, the availability of this product outside of Japan is unclear.
Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!Dismiss Notice