1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Vanilla VF5 Wallpapers

Discussion in 'General' started by Thesch28, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Once again i'm back with more VF wallpapers but this time from Vanilla VF5, if you haven't seen my post on rare/lost VF3 Wallpapers and renders here's a link to it: https://virtuafighter.com/threads/rare-lost-virtua-fighter-3-wallpapers-artwork.20990/
    Anyways so after listening to some VF5 music on youtube i noticed those videos had some old wallpapers which i wasn't able to easily find online so like always i decided to search more deeply into the web with the wayback machine so here's what i was able to find.
    1. First a set of orange wallpapers which i found among the remaining archived stuff from the old JP PS3 site, just click one of the images to go to the imgur post with all of them:

2. Now here's a set of blue wallpapers which i found in some JP amazon looking page with advertisement for VF5 for PS3:

3. Here's another set of images from the dead JP PS3 site, these wallpapers feature character renders alongside their respective stages, there's also a set of these with the VF5 Live Arena logo but apart from that the Xbox 360 stuff isn't too different sadly i wasn't able to find all the Live Arena wallpapers in their original quality:

4. I got this other set of wallpapers from http://www.virtuafighter.jp/vf5/dow_all.html while these wallpapers aren't as hard to find as the other ones in this post the ones i'm posting here are much higher quality PNG versions which i converted from the High Quality ■PICT■ versions of the wallpapers which can also be found on the page:

5. These Wallpapers with characters and their stages came from the old not dead VF5 English site which used Flash, the wallpapers here are only 1024x768, i have absolutely no idea if 1280x960 versions ever existed if anyone does know please let me know, these were the only versions i could find:

6. And last but not least, i found some really cool dark wallpapers from the PS3 site but sadly i wasn't able to find the full set of these since only a few were archived, if anyone knows where to find the rest or has them please let met know so we can have them on VFDC:
    Here's the first one it's which of course is Akira.
    [​IMG]
    Also a Goh one.
    [​IMG]
    I really like this one with Kage.
    [​IMG]
    And those are all the dark wallpapers i was able to find in the wayback machine archives, in total there should be 17 of them like most wallpapers sets (one wallpaper for each character)
    There was also a collection of wallpapers with white backgrounds here's the only i found:
    [​IMG]
    And i suppose that's it for now, hopefully someone can find the rest of these it's also worth mentioning there are 4:3 variants and widescreen variants, there might be other official Vanilla VF5 wallpaper sets out there but for now this is all i was able to find, i hope you like them.

beanboy, Tricky, SUGATA and 2 others like this.
  2. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Last VF games has almost the best art among 3D fighting games

beanboy and Thesch28 like this.
  3. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Hey @Myke I remember you had a bunch of these saved or found some when we were making Evo posts, do you happen to have those to add to this thread?

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I at some point had these images on my laptop. I may actuallys till have them

MadeManG74 likes this.
  5. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Really? That sounds cool, please tell me if you find anything :)

6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Super cool find dude!:)

Thesch28 and MadeManG74 like this.
  7. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Back in the day when the game released, my internet was so crap it would take forever to load these...

Time moves.. still the best fighting game out there.

beanboy and Thesch28 like this.