1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai Chan vs the Cast

Discussion in 'Pai' started by shadowmaster, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Why are we still going on with the flipkick punishment? And why are people still going on about 3K+G?

1. Landing 3K+G from further away blocked flip is near impossible (I'd actually argue it actually IS impossible, I couldn't land it in dojo at all).
    Solution: 66K,P always hits, even max range. Why would you even go through the trouble of going for 3K+G nearer because

2: 3K+G is not the best punish. Are you even testing this? recovery CH 3K+G, 6K+G, P/2P, WS P+K,P does 76. Recovery CH 66K,P, P, 3KPP does 78 with nice carry. 66K,P, P, PP4PK also does 78 with a spinning knockdown finish. 66K,P, PPKK does 74 with a wallhit possibility from far away, finishing with 466P+K lands 92.

More reliable, more damage. I still ask why you would ever punish a flip with anything but 66K,P.
    For walls behind Jackys back 66K,P, 46K+G... works from suprisingly far away and even if he's right next to the wall you can still 66K,P, P+K... From the first scenario I got 98 from the second 87. From a direct wallhit 3K+G I got 71, woooo (I admit, I might not know the best combo from there)

Could someone give me a single reasoning for using 3K+G instead of 66K,P and why you wouldn't 66K,P everytime?

EDIT: 66KP W!, PPKK, 466P+K more damage than 66K,P W!, P+K and fixed 3K+G wallhit damage to mC.

2. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I agree with you here 66K,P is the better option but it was as I said before 3K+G is more stylish and requires pinpoint accurate timing. If people want to do things the hard way so be it I can do it both ways but I prefer to use 66K,P if I had to pick one for practical use all the time but that is just me. Apparently people confirmed the 3K+G method to work online as well so they are both viable options but in my opinion 66K,P is the better choice of the 2

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

3K+G from a further blocked flip seems right out impossible. Not that it would happen often but when it does...
    Also "requires pinpoint accurate timing" is pretty much another reason not to use it especially since it's inferior in every possible aspect when it comes to punishing flipkick.

4. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Why are you "blocking" while we ask about "punishing"?

I think I'm a little bit "lost in translation" here...:oops: So please excuse me.

If I know JA will do the flip FOR SURE I don't wait for it to be blocked, I try to get a counter hit.
    If I try yo play safe and avoid this situation (among others...) I keep on G till the flip on block came out and then qo for the 66K P. In this situation I'm not punishing at all...
    I also understand that landing beautifull / difficult combos while playing is satisfying.

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm talking about blocking the flip kick and then punishing it. That is what this topic about "punishing flipkicks is about. That is what punishing is, you know.

If you are blocking a flipkick and then doing 66K,P how the heck are "not punishing at all". That's exactly what you are doing, guaranteed punishing.

Interrupting flips with CH's has nothing to do with punishing. That's just you playing your advantage.

6. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    You're right.
    I can't explain it better in english. This is a different definition? point of view?
    That's why I said I was lost in translation...
    By punishing I mean the JA player will understand to never use it again. Like making 46 K+G bounce combo and making it 100 + damage after. It is more risky. Your answer is optimal. I'm OK with your answer. But acting like I said will create an "edge" (don't know the words again...) on your opponent. To me this is a lot more important. He'll be doubtfull about using it again. He'll have to change "strategy" ...

Like in 2D FG; never want your opponent do this DP, move, whatever on wake up... for exemple... You don't have to simply wait for it to came out... Cause it won't. Unless your playing a really bad player... LoL

Doing this brings you to another level... I think.

7. Aoi_Pai

Aoi_Pai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xBad_Girl_69x
    It's much easier to punish the backflip with anything if u evade it lol

i find myself evading it more than blocking it and if u evade it then go 466[P][+][K] it'll cause side crumple which leads to 46[K][+][G] then whatever u choose

Libertine likes this.
  8. JackymusPrime

JackymusPrime Active Member

Hello,

I am new to VF 5, I played VF 4 and Evo decades ago. Can anyone help me with the matches up vs Lei Fei and vs Sarah? Playing Pai of course.

9. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Mash [​IMG][3][P][+][K]

10. JackymusPrime

Thanks, ill keep that in mind. Hopefully Ill get more match up advice from you as well.

11. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Could you share a replay so we can see what you need help with?

12. JackymusPrime

not yet no. I was trying to see if there was anything in particular Pai has an advantage in vs. these characters or anything notable.

oneida likes this.
  13. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1