1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa combo thread

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Yes it s the same principe than all stomach crumple. This one isn t on combo list? Btw are u practicin van? It could be fun a set with my wolf vs ur van lol

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I continued to mess around in the dojo and I saw what you meant. P+KK seems to be a thing you may do sometimes when you get the chance. I'm sorry to say I'm not practicing Vanessa (at least not now). I just like to do combos with other characters to get some fresh air from the characters i practice the most. Also this gives me a general idea of which attacks are the most dangerous and what kind of oki should I expect to get.

3. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    @Mister P+kk is useful when opp is back to the wall i barely never use it coz it s punisible by crouching and on guard it s the same than p+kp which is mid mid. The hitcheck is hard for the p+k online so i prefer substitute with another move...

4. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

Learning Van & want a couple things verified. From LW to Middle (Ex. SuperLWs) I want to know if these are max dmg. I got some intermediate SEable to Hard SEable. will just mention the intermediate SEable ones
    OS 9K, 4k6k, KPK
    OS ducking to rolling K, 6P+K+G, 4p+k, 6ppk
    OS ducking P, 2P, 2p+k, KPK
    Wall OS 4k6k, p, 2p(x2) 1K+G, 6P+K+G, 66PP
    Side turn DS, CH 6P+K+G, 2p+k, 3KPK I got more but just tell me
    I know the Side turn DS 3K already, that was obvious

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok for os van all combos who finish with kpk have to be performed in open stance. When i say open stance i mean for the combo ender (kpk)
    Os isk 6p+K+G is doable but it s a 19 fr move ur opponent will recover , try isk>3kp>p>2p+k>3kk for wolf jeff do 6ppk after p
    Os wall isp ur combo us right. Vs lightw instead of 2p twice do 2p > 3p works also vs jacky and other midw. Vs wolf jeff 4k isp >9k>p+kk>3kk
    For 9k it s better to use kp6k >3kk

Edit: for st ds 6pkg use the same combo than isk i said earlier. Those commbo off stagger are doables but the move u chose are too slow

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    for that wall combo ... "1K+G, 6P+K+G, 66PP". After 1K+G it's probably better to P+KK for a low wall splat than 6P+K+G. Then the finisher of your choice. I like 66KP for the Oki.

None of those stagger combos are guaranteed, except 4K IS P at correct range. It you net a walll stagger OS 6P+K will almost always work, but otherwise it's just nitaku from stuff like Intruder step K.

7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    marly is right about 1k+g 6p+k+g, p+kk is more adviced. Btw @MarlyJay even if 4k6p is hard to unstagger it is not guaranteed to...

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    @MakiLeSushi i believe there is a specific distance where the CPU can't unstagger 4K (wall stagger) IS P. I''ll double check though. You're right in that it usually isn't guaranteed though. IS P a good mid option from that position when the opponent is stagger though. I think it's very strong 2 choice.

9. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    That's awesome news! Plus you guys seem to have more damaging combos than the ones i listed here!!

PS: (with my limited play experience) I've never had someone break the OS 4K CH wallstagger 6>IS P sequence - but it may just be that the move is so seldomly used that my opponents were too surprised to react.

10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    @MarlyJay the case have to be strict, i think the opponent have to be barely a dash far from the walll and get a ch (this is not verified but theorically possible) but even with that i think it is not guaranteed. The same move with brad k isk is guaranteed. But as i said it s very hard to unstagger and rare are players who can unstagger, mainly online so the set up is viable =) For the rest i totally agree it is a very strong 2 choice

11. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Discovered another combo for ds 6kp vs aoi easier. 6kp>p>4p+k> then kk in// or 66pp /\ 76 and 75 dmg. I forgot those i discovered. I l try to use them and give a feed back on how there are doable in match
    edit: totally doable...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    About ds parallele wall combo which start with DS 2k+g then 3K some players succed to unstagger... so i tried to find a variant to make the unstaggering a lil harder, How? by using a following move faster, like wsP (13fr)
    So this is what i discovered, it was tested only vs aoi, i ll edit my post once the test is finished:
    [2][K][+][G] (wall stagger) > ws[P] (float) > [P] > [P][+][K][P] (wall bound) > [2][P][+][K] > [K][+][G] > [6][6][P][P]
    107dmg works on both side, the only requirement is that u have to be near of the opp . after [K][+][G] u can switch stance and go in os for [3][K][K] and get 1dmg point bonus.
    The combo is stable but sometimes the big bounce doesn t succed due to the angle, but tbh u can notice it immediatly after the float so u can go to the classic combo [P] > [4][P][+][K] > [6][P][K][K] if opponent has his back to the wall side (91 dmg) or [P] > [6][P][K][K] if the opponent has his stomach on wall side (81 dmg)
    This variant gives more chances to succed to give such good dmg

13. xenwall

xenwall Member

PSN:
    xenwall
    In referring to your ws[P], in combos is it generally assumed that [3][3][P] will/can be used or are there cases where the extra frame added by using the crouch-dash input messes things up?

14. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    no u don t need to input [3][3][5][P] once u perform [2][K][+][G] u re in crouch state then just press [P] and u ll get the ws[P] if it whuffs it means that u weren t close enough of ur opponent
    I made more tests, it appears that it s more stable when the opponent back is on wall side, vs aoi it works on both but the p could whiff if opp stomach is on wall side,
    Vs lightweigths it works on when opp back is on wall side the opposite stance will make whiff the P of the combo

15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    2 new combos vs wolf tested
    DS
    [3][P][+][K] > [2][P][+][K]> (buff)[6][6] > [4][P][+][K] > [P] > [K][K]
    Close stance 76 dmg
    Wall combo OS
    [4][K]wall stagger[6][P] > [9][K] > [P][+][K][K] > 1fk[P] > [2][P][+][K] > [3][K][K]
    105 dmg both stances

16. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
  17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    @erdraug combo#1 honestly i didn t test. My goal was to find vs wolf. I ll test after my holydays. I m just sad i didn t find for open stance.

Combo#2 i think marly is right. I think even 66p > 66k+g from a specific distance of the opponent from the wall even ai can t unstagger... i ll test it also after my holydays

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    anyone can test somethin for me pls, actually i m in serbia without my consoles so i can t, i was wonderin if os 1K+G would connect after ISK > 3KPK. Vs eileen ofc. i know kpp or 66kp works but it would be great if 1K+G connects
    Ty

19. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I explain on the thread "combo with delays" about last found combo vs wolf that the delay can be done on every single move of this combo
    @erdraug a lil feed back about os 4k6p as u know u obtain a push back when 4p hit on ch so the followup becomes guaranteed if the opponent isn t sticked to the wall a lil space (a dash approximatly)can make it becomes guaranteed. On nh it isn t coz there is no pushback when 4p connects. But it still efficient coz hard to unstagger. A set up i must remember to use more often =)
    Also about os 66p>66k+g it s guaranted only if the pushback of the 66p touch the wall on the end of pushback (approximatly 2 dashes from the wall)
    Ps: all those things was tested vs aoi on halffence stage.

20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    My new combo vid, as always, intro and title are for fun but the vid is serious, enjoy =)

erdraug likes this.