1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa combo thread

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    @MakiLeSushi oops, indeed, i must have missed it - link?

2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  3. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Damn this is ridiculous, vs Eileen:
    Ds 44k+g or 8/2gp > 2p > 4p+k > p > 6pkk
    And no delay needed lol
    For the 8/2gp u have to do the one on van back side. If u do the one on stomach side use 6p3k as combo ender instead of 6pkk

erdraug and JSM like this.
  4. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    https://youtu.be/UAVimmQYpjE

5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Well new combo discovered not intentionally lol vs jn and ja : 66kp crouch stag > 3p > 2p > 33(buff to get 1fk) > kpk
    Vs jn use 33pkg for the 2p
    Works on /\ stance
    83dmg

6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  8. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Run some tests and double check my findings.

DS
    [P][K] (CH on 2nd hit)
    ->[1][K] (40) EI ELo AO SA SH PA LI VA LA KA LE BR GO
    ->[2][K] (38) EI EL AO SA SH PA LI VA (if no tech, can tack on [1][K] or whatever for additional damage)

OS
    [P][K] (CH on 2nd hit)
    ->[1][K] (38) EI EL AO SA SH PA LI VA LA KA LE BR GO
    ->[2][K] (39) EI EL AO SA SHo PA LI VA
    ->[2][K][P][P]/[4][P]/[K] (61/54/58) EIo EL AO SA SHo PA LI VA (can cause wall hit after the 2nd hit or any of the string enders allowing for more damage)

segasaturn96 and MakiLeSushi like this.
  9. segasaturn96

segasaturn96 Well-Known Member

For basic combo 9k kp6K 3kk ( combo who is on vfdc ) sometimes 3 KK doesnt hit,i think that opponent does p+g+k and guard ..same thing for combo 9k p 2p+k 3kk doesnt hit.....advices?

10. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    So unlike a lot of fighting games not all combos will work on all characters. In VF you not only have to worry about the character's hitbox, but also their weight, your foot stance, whether or not your combo starter connected on normal hit or counter hit, and did the attack land on a standing or crouching, side turned or back turned (also for some launchers distance might make a difference as does proximity to a wall, and also the need to one-frame kill attacks in combos). This certainly applies to many knockdown attacks. Crumples may lead to different combo opportunities more based on character hitbox (sometimes).

Refer to the attached image.

First thing to take into account, the characters that are colored in the combos should work, but it shouldn't connect on the characters left uncolored. The orange color means a normal hit can give you the combo, whereas the yellow means you need to land the [9][K] on counter hit. Another thing to consider is the // and /\. This refers to foot stance.

Last thing to consider, many combos that are possible just might not be completed. And after the amount of effort I put into the Jeffry wiki/combo section, I'm not up to putting that much detail into every page because I have a life (lol, Jeffry is almost 1/6th of each section). But if you want to find out what can work, you can always test it out in dojo and then post your findings here.

So a recap, when performing a combo you need to factor these things:
    • Character weight
    • Character hitbox (size) , for example Eileen and El Blaze are practically the same weight, but Blaze's legs are shorter which will make certain attacks whiff or require delays
    • Foot stance
    • Were they standing or crouching? Was it from the from, side, or back?
    • If you hit the opponent at close range/tip range of your launcher (this is usually the effect of hitting an attack on the later active frames)
    • Proximity to the wall
    • Need for attack delays
    Of course you can also play Jeffry, and while you do need to consider these things, he's got a lot of powerful combos that you don't need to worry about the above bullshit as much. :p

Lastly, as far as fighting game websites go, this one it the best. You have so many resources available to you presented in an organized fashion, so keep digging through that Wiki, command and combo sections. (suck it 8-Way Run, Zaibatsu, Shoryuken, Eventhubs, etc., ya'll messy shit)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    segasaturn96 likes this.
  11. segasaturn96

segasaturn96 Well-Known Member

thanks! for 9k kp6K 3kk, it is ok for eileen,pai etc (vfdc command combo) on normal hit standing but it miss if the opponent does p+G+K guard after kp6k or technoll ...on dojo 100/100 always but on match 50/100...i dont know how explain.

my problem is not this combo but reaction of the opponent without talking of weight,footstance etc

12. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Ryo uploaded a video going over vanessa's basic combos. It's a monumental effort, three quarters of an hour long:

...I will link to it in the wiki, right below the "basic combos" section.

13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Nice. I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks for the link.

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    @Chanchai compiled a list of tutorials by miyavi_ngos. The Vanessa Combos is of particular interest, including a new max dmg for OS 9K vs Taka ([4][P][+][K] instead of [6][K][+][G] does 2 more DMG). It's amazing how, so many years after the game's launch, there are still combos to be discovered :confused:

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Chanchai likes this.