1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3tb Online in 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by JED-VF3, Apr 4, 2021.

1. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    Yo guys, it's jed. I thought maybe I should make a quick thread on this in case someone here isn't aware.

Over the past few months, the VF3 online player-base has grown quite a bit and I'm happy to say I've been able to find matches with new players almost every day; In the last 2 days I've played with 3 players I've never played before. Through parsec we finally have an online system that is convenient enough for us to keep growing as a community; people from multiple continents have connected to our server and have mostly had positive results, enough that we may be able to widen any future online events to outside of North America.

We have a Shadow Server which plays the arcade (MODEL 3)version of the game in full HD at 60fps with the option of playing 4:3 or widescreen.

[​IMG]
    4:3

[​IMG]
    Widescreen

What do I need to start playing?
    All you need is parsec and a decent internet connection. Sometimes you can play on Wi-fi, but Ethernet is recommended and sometimes NEEDED over long distance connections. Parsec is very easy to install and you can look at getting started here: https://youtu.be/mXj08nTzOaE

Do I need a strong computer to be able to play?
    Since everything is being run on our cloud PC, you don't need any real power to be able to play. You don't have to run the game or setup any emulators on your own computer, you only have to connect to our server.

Where can I match up with other players and start playing?
    In TheVirtuaFighters Discord. This is a place with matchmaking channels for each VF game(1-5). There is over 400 members and it is constantly getting bigger. Here is a permanent invite: https://discord.gg/M4aqT96

There is also quite a few players that have been playing the Dreamcast version VF3tb using NULLDC-BEAR in the discord, you can find a great tutorial thread made by IcKY here: https://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf3tb-online-with-nulldc-bear-1-35c.21439/

Hope to play more of you in the future. - jed

[​IMG]

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Fantastic thread and explanation of playing the game via parsec! I hope you find some more players, since this looks like a lot of fun.

beanboy and JED-VF3 like this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

As soon as I get a new pc, I will play you guys online too.

MadeManG74 and JED-VF3 like this.
  4. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

5. MadeManG74

This is really awesome! @JED-VF3 told me about it the other day, I'd be keen to try it out with some other OCE players when it's ready.

JED-VF3 likes this.
  6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to join VF3!!

MadeManG74 and JED-VF3 like this.
  7. Emptyeyes

Emptyeyes Well-Known Member

This is very lovely through my primary preference for the number 3 of the series and the nostalgic sense of it all. I can barely fit in with games of newer generations from having to persistently fall victim of buyer's remorse by falsely hoping for the best. This application is fortunate to have and I'm having frequent flash backs of old progressions from many favorites of mine due to my primitive arcade and tournament days.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    JED-VF3 and MadeManG74 like this.
  8. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    I hope to play with both of you guys soon! : )

Emptyeyes likes this.
  9. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    we ran a session last night, and i may be running another one tonight! if anyone wants to play, feel free to hop into the discords VF3 channel.

10. Emptyeyes

Interesting. I'll see if I could make the time.

I was on the brink of leaving the FGC yesterday, but I shouldn't let others drive me away from the genre completely. I'll just dismiss and label the one's I dislike intensely as "Orokana Hikikomori" and stay with the Sega and Arika fighting game communities.

JED-VF3 likes this.
  11. Emptyeyes

@JED-VF3

I'm sorry for the delay, but I do value such requests by taking them to heart. I can have a session late this week, if you like. When I get paid, it's more preferable for me to get in motion before a game(s) with someone. Yes, I like to drink alot, which greatly enhances the entertainment for me. A little something for you to know, FYI. ^_^

Also, those that are fathers here, please relish this day as possible.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    JED-VF3 likes this.
  12. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    I'm the same way! :LOL:

Emptyeyes likes this.
  13. JThor6

JThor6 New Member

Wow this is awesome! I'll try to get it all set up to play this weekend. I finally for VF2 running on my PC and was wanting some VF3 as well.

Thank you for sharing.

JED-VF3 likes this.
  14. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

Is VF3tb via FightCade now have rollback?

beanboy and JED-VF3 like this.
  15. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I was told it did, but haven't played it myself.

JED-VF3 and Iwazaru like this.
  16. MadeManG74

Yes it does. It's the Dreamcast version, but it works and is very good.

JED-VF3 and Iwazaru like this.