1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4Evo PS2 question

Discussion in 'General' started by Thesch28, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

So i unlocked 82 out of 84 wallpapers, by 100% completing quest mode with Lau (or at least finishing it close to 100% because the stats say i have played against 99.8% of all players in quest mode) and playing challenge mode with all characters.
    for some weird reason completing challenge mode with Lion didn't unlock any new wallpapers or any new items for him.
    So here are the two wallpapers i'm missing:
    upload_2020-1-28_23-15-49.png
    upload_2020-1-28_23-15-57.png
    Does anyone know what do i have to do to unlock these?
    Is it something crazy like playing Challenge mode with all characters again but on the 2nd player side?
    or fighting 100% of all players in quest mode? or unlocking all the items for a character? or reaching the highest rank?

(i have another question by the way, does anyone know why i only have a 99.8% of players in my overall completion rate in Quest mode with Lau, after getting a completion rating of 100% in all arcades and winning all tournaments including the ones from Event Square? What do i have to do to get that 100%?)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    jimi Claymore, beanboy and masterpo like this.
  2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Wow I just looked at my Wall Papers and I'm missing those too. Never noticed it before. Now that's gonna bother me until I open them up :ROTFL: If you remember , some items were rewarded to beat all of the trials/challenges in the training mode and quest mode (on hard), etc, and for beating arcade mode with all of the characters I think:confused:

I've been playing VF4 Evo lately, all those underground tournaments, and the big WMAC II tournament are totally fun. Saving and watching replays in slow-mo is also very kewl.

Thesch28 and beanboy like this.
  3. Thesch28

Quest mode on (on hard)? the only options for Quest mode i see are Beginner and ★Standard.
    I did all the trials/challenges/mission practice in the training mode with Lau, there are some items i haven't got with Lau which come from some missions that can appear randomly during arcade mode.
    Anyways i have never finished arcade mode with all characters, but i doubt i would get anything from that considering all the stuff i've got so far comes from doing stuff with a single character usually an item given to the character profile i used to complete a task.
    So far i have been using these VF4Evo guides for items and Quest mode from VFDC:
    Items: https://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4evo_items_faq.html
    Quest: https://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4evo_quest_faq.html
    By the way have you ever got a 100% of players in your Quest Mode Completion Rate? i only a have a 99.8% of players and my completion rate for all the arcades is 100% not to mention i won all the tournaments including the Event Square ones and WMAC II with Lau.

4. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yes you're right Beginner and Standard are difficulty. But I do have 100% complete on the Quest mode characters. I seem to recall there were slightly different routes depending on win/loss ratios and ranks right?

And you can play Arcade mode with your profile so maybe there is something given if you beat it with your profile.

Also is there anything given for beating "Special Mode" The 10 Anniversary VF?

5. Thesch28

"slightly different routes depending on win/loss ratios and ranks"? I haven't seen anything like that, can you explain? also no you don't get anything for beating arcade mode in VF10th anniversary besides being able to use Dural inside VF10th Anniversary, by the way the Japanese version does not include VF10th Anniversary since that was sold separately in japan, i know this because i'm currently playing the Japanese release.
    Also i didn't get anything with my Lau profile for just finishing arcade mode with him in normal PS2 VF4Evo.

masterpo likes this.
  6. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

That's awesome man.

I don't remember unlocking much.

I think you seriously have to upload them for us :ninja:

7. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Sry, I was thinking about this in VF4

https://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_ranking_faq.html

Did you check out the VF4 forum and thread like this:

https://virtuafighter.com/threads/evolution-question-quest-mode.8418/#post-114358

and

https://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4evo_quest_faq.html

8. Thesch28

9. Thesch28

upload_2020-1-30_15-15-53.png
    So Here's the player i'm missing apparently this player doesn't belong to any any specific arcade and instead is part of the "Special" Player list and this players also has a ''Meishou / Hunter'' Rank, any ideas on where i could this A.I player?
    Edit: wait, nevermind i found it at SEGA World North, it was a Goh A.I

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    beanboy likes this.
  10. Thesch28

I found how to unlock those 2 wallpapers, just complete the Tutorial Trial with Kage and Goh.

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  11. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    That's good to know., now I'll have to learn Kage and Goh at least good enough to be the Tutorial Trial:LOL:

beanboy and Thesch28 like this.
  12. Thesch28

Nah it's not that hard it's just the normal tutorial, the one which teaches you the game's mechanics just imitate what you see in the example.
    I don't play Kage or Goh and i easily finished the tutorial with them, the only thing that could be a problem is that completing these takes a while due to how extensive the tutorial is.

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  13. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Where did you find out you needed to play Kage or Goh to get the wallpapers?

14. Thesch28

masterpo likes this.
  15. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I wonder how Myke found out, its certainly not documented anywhere I could see. Maybe it was direct access to AM2:confused:

16. Thesch28

I made a video showing all the menu wallpapers from VF4Evo PS2:

Ali, beanboy and masterpo like this.
  17. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
  18. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Aye! Nice vid dude.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020