1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 FS Move List Notes

Discussion in 'Lei' started by noodalls, Sep 28, 2010.

1. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    entering kyo stance [P][+][K][+][G] from [3][P] when it is guarded give lei +3 advantage, +4 from [6][P] and -1 from [P][+][K][P](sometimes it was 0 maybe because of distance but i dunno with p+kpp+k+g). I done a few tests in free training setting cpu to guard everything and compare the difference just entering the move and entering the move with kyo stance option.

2. Stone_Drum

Stone_Drum Member

Just curious, since I haven't tested this out yet since I currently don't have VF5 (bro took it), but what options does the opponent have against a lei that uses K from koko stance? It seems that that move counters everything, and catches opponents like 90% of the time. If a lei fei has a life advantage and is in koko stance, can the opponent really do anything other than hope a lei will send out a K from koko while the opponent was doing nothing, so could block or sidestep?

3. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    VF5 or VF5FS?
    Evade. Opponents can evade or throw Lei when he's in stance. However, as you probably know, Lei has some full circulars to catch them.

4. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Koko stance[K] sabaki low kicks, low punch, kage 66p+k+g low double foot attack (i need to reconfirm this because it sabaki it back in vanilla), it doesnt sabaki low rising k anymore and i gotta check to see if it can sabaki low sweeps. From an opponents perspective, guarding koko k and evading the move leaves leifei at a large disadvantage. Backdashing helps in resetting the scenario. It is a linear mid k so characters with mid k sabaki or reversals can neutralize it. If [6][K] entering koko stance counterhits it gives lei +17, [K] from koko stance is guaranteed.

5. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    That's right! 6K, K then reset for habitual evaders:)

6. Stone_Drum

Stone_Drum Member

Sorry, but I can't figure out what sabaki means. Really good info though! I just asked because I was sort of questioning whether against characters with no mid k reversal Lei could just get the life lead then switch to koko and wait out a win... lol. It just seems that every time a K from koko is sent out that it's basically a counter hit!

7. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    A Sabaki is basically an attack used to counter a specific attack type for example lei [2][3][6] [P][+][K] sabaki reverses high punches,mid punches and elbows class attacks.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sabaki means essentially same as a parry. We used to use the term for attacks with in-built parry properties in them, but nowadays also parries without attacks are called sabakis.

Sabaki will defeat a certain type of attack when done at the correct time, regardless of attack speeds.

9. Stone_Drum

Stone_Drum Member

What use is k from bokutai stance if that still exists in FS? It seems to be the least effective bokutai move and the least likely to connect and has too much startup.

What use is 9k from neutral stance? Seems to me to be a move you should avoid using, for it is way too punishable and you have less punishable moves that can have the same effect or do more damage and also lead to more wakeup opportunities such as 33pp or 9kg.

Though both of these questions are asked without knowledge of how these moves may have changed from vanilla to FS

10. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    bokutai k side crumples on counter hit, pushes back on counterhit, safe on guard. In vanilla it was more evasive ducking under mid K, mid rising attacks, and goes into ura nehan stance.

9k still goes over low attacks, increased range imo and is punishable at -13.

11. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Listen to VFnumbers...

12. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter