Thanks to everyone who previously contributed to Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Feedback thread. Much of that feedback has already been passed onto the development team, and obviously some things have already been implemented or fixed. Now, we have another opportunity to collate some feedback to the team so please review the current list and add what you think is missing! Also, SEGA have put out a survey inviting all player to submit additional feedback. There are some very specific questions about the netcode and your online experiences with lag, so be sure to tell them what you really think!
First and foremost...
This SEGA Survey asks some very specific questions about your experiences online, how it is affected by lag, and what you think of delay-based netcode compared to rollback. This is a great opportunity to let your voice be heard on this specific issue!
The links to the survey in the reply to the tweet are also here for convenience:
- Own Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown? Please complete this survey: http://s.alchemer.com/s3/e36abc0d4ca6
- Don't own Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown yet? Please complete this survey: http://s.alchemer.com/s3/e749a3d85eb3
Feedback Already Submitted
Thanks to everyone who previously contributed to Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Feedback thread. The VFDC community has another chance to provide feedback as a reply to this thread, but before doing so:
- Please read all of the feedback below to avoid any duplication!
- Note that some of the feedback below may already have been addressed in patches since initial release.
- If you previously submitted feedback in the original thread that didn't make it onto this list, please re-post in this thread.
And now for the current list...
- Rollback netcode
- Display ping in addition to bars/option to choose
- Bars are very vague as an indication of quality
- Ability to filter by region
- Wi-Fi indicator
- Ability to challenge/view recent opponents played
- Ability to save/search replays
- Invitation system to invite friends through PSN
- This is probably the biggest one, a lot of discussion around the web is confusion on how to invite friends and difficulty in finding their friends’ rooms. Rooms can often take a long time to be found, and the system is unintuitive.
- Ability to filter to "Friend's Rooms Only", or ability to search for a PSN ID to find a particular room
- Option to invite friends/anyone to your own lobby
- Option to search via username
- Once there are too many lobbies (20?), some lobbies will not show and the user has to search again
- Option to filter out locked lobbies
- Ability to play multiple matches simultaneously when more than 3 (4?) players are in the lobby
- (Infinite) Instant rematch possibility when only 2 players are in the lobby
- Option to lock ranking + W/L, currently no option to play without losing/gaining points
- Stage Select between matches in a set
- Region Restriction on room creation as an option
- Option for host to pause matches/countdowns. Hard to run a tournament otherwise
- More options for filtering (region/ping etc)
- This has come up with multiple regions, people can’t find good matches on ranked and have quit playing that mode entirely. In Australia for example, we are getting matched with people in the USA and UK as ‘good’ connections, which is misleading and a very poor experience.
- The option to record in Training mode while waiting for a match
- The ability to change dummy character or stage select without cancelling matchmaking
- Stage select
- Constantly show your connection to the opponent
- Bonus points for completing the first to 2 set (to deter from skipping a rematch)
- An option to set the CPU to the last character you played vs. after a ranked match
- Be able to filter by any rank when searching
- Ability to change character without having to go back to the menu
- Ability to change the stage without having to go back to the menu
- Combo Training - there are some established BNB combos; would be nice to teach combos to users
- Show player life bar to train perfect tech roll
- Online Training Mode - For experts to teach beginners VF
- Add the option to change reset position to X + Options for people with arcade sticks without the R3 button
- Restart hotkeys:
- L2+R3 = Reset the player back to the wall
- R2+R3 = Reset CPU back to wall
- L2+R2+R3 = Swap sides
- In record mode reset is Back/Share instead of R3. Maybe make them the same
- Tutorial to teach 2P, PK, Elbow/Throw
- Extra options for positioning in the ring: parallel to the edge of the ring
- Make Dural Playable
- Save Replays - Offline
- On the Character Select screen - once a user has selected a character they cannot cancel their pick of character and go back
- 1P vs. CPU option
- Ability to set what music you want to appear on each stage (e.g. select VF1, VF2, and VF5 music for Akira’s Stage)
- Mix and Match UI: retro energy bars with new UI
- Option to turn off hit-sparks
- Walls being transparent instead of invisible
- Legacy controller support
- Single player content
- Quest Mode
- Story Mode
- Access to replays from matches played
- Additional character edit slots
- Option to default all costumes on your screen so you don’t have to see customs/Polygon models
- Country flags as titles
- Bring back time attack command lists
- Item Store/in game currency to allow reintroduction of item battles - rewards activity, and opens up additional revenue stream
- More returning or new stages
Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!
Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!Dismiss Notice