1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Feedback Round 2 and SEGA Survey!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jul 27, 2021.

By Myke on Jul 27, 2021 at 6:20 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks to everyone who previously contributed to Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Feedback thread. Much of that feedback has already been passed onto the development team, and obviously some things have already been implemented or fixed. Now, we have another opportunity to collate some feedback to the team so please review the current list and add what you think is missing! Also, SEGA have put out a survey inviting all player to submit additional feedback. There are some very specific questions about the netcode and your online experiences with lag, so be sure to tell them what you really think!

vf5us pai bokutai.jpg

First and foremost...

SEGA Survey
    This SEGA Survey asks some very specific questions about your experiences online, how it is affected by lag, and what you think of delay-based netcode compared to rollback. This is a great opportunity to let your voice be heard on this specific issue!

The links to the survey in the reply to the tweet are also here for convenience:

Feedback Already Submitted
    Thanks to everyone who previously contributed to Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Feedback thread. The VFDC community has another chance to provide feedback as a reply to this thread, but before doing so:
    1. Please read all of the feedback below to avoid any duplication!
    2. Note that some of the feedback below may already have been addressed in patches since initial release.
    3. If you previously submitted feedback in the original thread that didn't make it onto this list, please re-post in this thread.

And now for the current list...

General Online
    • Rollback netcode
    • Display ping in addition to bars/option to choose
    • Bars are very vague as an indication of quality
    • Ability to filter by region
    • Wi-Fi indicator
    • Ability to challenge/view recent opponents played
    • Ability to save/search replays

Room Matches
    • Invitation system to invite friends through PSN
      • This is probably the biggest one, a lot of discussion around the web is confusion on how to invite friends and difficulty in finding their friends’ rooms. Rooms can often take a long time to be found, and the system is unintuitive.
    • Ability to filter to "Friend's Rooms Only", or ability to search for a PSN ID to find a particular room
    • Option to invite friends/anyone to your own lobby
    • Option to search via username
    • Once there are too many lobbies (20?), some lobbies will not show and the user has to search again
    • Option to filter out locked lobbies
    • Ability to play multiple matches simultaneously when more than 3 (4?) players are in the lobby
    • (Infinite) Instant rematch possibility when only 2 players are in the lobby
    • Option to lock ranking + W/L, currently no option to play without losing/gaining points
    • Stage Select between matches in a set
    • Region Restriction on room creation as an option
    • Option for host to pause matches/countdowns. Hard to run a tournament otherwise

Ranked Matches
    • More options for filtering (region/ping etc)
      • This has come up with multiple regions, people can’t find good matches on ranked and have quit playing that mode entirely. In Australia for example, we are getting matched with people in the USA and UK as ‘good’ connections, which is misleading and a very poor experience.
    • The option to record in Training mode while waiting for a match
    • The ability to change dummy character or stage select without cancelling matchmaking
    • Stage select
    • Constantly show your connection to the opponent
    • Bonus points for completing the first to 2 set (to deter from skipping a rematch)
    • An option to set the CPU to the last character you played vs. after a ranked match
    • Be able to filter by any rank when searching

Training Mode
    • Ability to change character without having to go back to the menu
    • Ability to change the stage without having to go back to the menu
    • Combo Training - there are some established BNB combos; would be nice to teach combos to users
    • Show player life bar to train perfect tech roll
    • Online Training Mode - For experts to teach beginners VF
    • Add the option to change reset position to X + Options for people with arcade sticks without the R3 button
    • Restart hotkeys:
      • L2+R3 = Reset the player back to the wall
      • R2+R3 = Reset CPU back to wall
      • L2+R2+R3 = Swap sides
    • In record mode reset is Back/Share instead of R3. Maybe make them the same
    • Tutorial to teach 2P, PK, Elbow/Throw
    • Extra options for positioning in the ring: parallel to the edge of the ring

Offline Versus
    • Make Dural Playable
    • Save Replays - Offline
    • On the Character Select screen - once a user has selected a character they cannot cancel their pick of character and go back
    • 1P vs. CPU option

Options
    • Ability to set what music you want to appear on each stage (e.g. select VF1, VF2, and VF5 music for Akira’s Stage)
    • Mix and Match UI: retro energy bars with new UI

Misc
    • Option to turn off hit-sparks
    • Walls being transparent instead of invisible
    • Legacy controller support
    • Single player content
      • Quest Mode
      • Story Mode
    • Access to replays from matches played
    • Pause/fast-forward/rewind
    • Additional character edit slots
    • Option to default all costumes on your screen so you don’t have to see customs/Polygon models
    • Country flags as titles
    • Bring back time attack command lists
    • Item Store/in game currency to allow reintroduction of item battles - rewards activity, and opens up additional revenue stream
    • More returning or new stages

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

erdraug, Chanchai, smbhax and 6 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jul 27, 2021.

1. complexz
      complexz
      There seems to be a sentiment out here that rollback is a rallying cry for toxic FGC bullies? It's absurd doood, It's just better netcode and it's the most important feature because we don't have arcades or even offline gatherings anymore. Sega could not possibly give it too much importance!

I don't expect sega to redevelop VF5US at this point... but I'm bothered by this narrative that rollback is not important and the choice to use delay netcode somehow benefits our community, It doesn't, it only hurts.

The standard has been raised already, Fight of animals players have a better online experience than we do.
    2. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Out here? Do you mean here, or in general?

Maybe i've just missed it but i've never seen anyone suggest this. How can a game where the only thing to do is play online be better with worse online? I

I agree here and hopefully with Strives successful implementation the tide has turned. Good netcode AND matchmaking should be the standard of all fighting games going forward. If there the number of people downloading VF5US convinces Sega to do VF6 they have to use it as an opportunity to innovate and be the first 3D fighting game with a proper rollback solution (i.e consistent delay).
      SSfox likes this.
    3. complexz
      complexz
      Sorry for being so vague, I mean in general. This is just something I picked up reading youtube comments and just a few posts on here.
      I'm probably reading too much into things. I get defensive when I'm playing this delay netcode and I read posts about how rollback is overhyped and we shouldn't lower ourselves to care like other communities.

on second thought I definitely read too much into things, my bad guys.
    4. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      a netcode is just an interface nothing more, so it shouldn't be more important than the game itself.

It's like the current FGC believe that "all fighting games are the same", "if it has rollback playing smash bros, MK, blazblue, GG, tekken or VF would be the same".
      That's something I cannot understand.

Even if VF5US is mainly an online game, the most important thing remain the game itself (the gameplay with all its mechanics, balance, roster etc. then the graphic, design, music and so on), when all the game fundamentals are good/great and work flawlessly then we can talk about netcode.

If the game instead is only mediocre, like in the case of GG Strive or some other indie fighting games, even with rollback it will remain mediocre, simple as that.
      I will never choose to play a worst game (or something that I don't like) just because it has rollback.

what happen now in FGC is that a game with rollback magically becomes a masterpiece, despite its real value.

Back to Vf, Sega included rollback questions in the survey, we already give our feedback multiple times, no use to talk about it more than necessary especially since it's something that we will see probably in VF6.
      Not to mention that we don't even know how rollback could behave in a complex real 3D fighting game, there is a possibility that rollback could not work for a game like VF.
    5. SSfox
      SSfox
      Just submitted. Finally they're asking the right questions.
    6. def
      def
      I think I may have asked this already so I apologize if I'm asking again. Does anyone have any idea when we could expect more content such as customization items and such?
    7. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      My guess probably early Autumn
    8. lipeoutrunner
      lipeoutrunner
      I don't think I ever saw anyone else suggesting this, but I think some kind of "retro arcade mode" for offline play would be a nice addition. What I mean is that they offered us those low poly models with the DLC, which I think are really cool, but they lose a lot of purpose when we still fight regular looking characters when using them, even for arcade mode. An offline mode where we could only fight against retro looking characters would be nice.

Also, this may sound weird, but I think a photo mode would me pretty cool as well, but I guess we need to be able to save replays first, before having something like that.
      faster 10 lightning likes this.
    9. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Totally agree on both

Arcade mode with VF1 models and Photo mode (in replay save) would be amazing.
      lipeoutrunner likes this.
    10. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      11) During waiting for the opponent in Ranked match:
      1. Button PAUSE SEARCHING for the ability to change settings/ai, etc. Cancelling matchmaking return to main menu and cancel settings for CPU
      2. FULL Training functionality/settings for ex: ability to RECORD DUMMY CPU like we have in Training mode.
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    11. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      I can't believe I forgot to tell them how important/great a 'save replay' feature and being able to display the inputs and data would be. It's nice to be able to see if I actually was doing what I was trying to do in some situations and where I was messing up my inputs at.

They had it in VF5.. We just need to be able to save faster, or have a bank of our matches like SFV has.
      Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    12. complexz
      complexz
      I miss the angry red face icon players who DC had in FS.